• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do not deal with The Hogs Den

Are you asking or stating that he’s still in business, since you put a ? after it. He built mine in ‘12. Even stopped in to visit him once during the build as I was passing through. He did his own bluing in house. Super nice guy. My M70 is the only tba I own.
Asking if he is still there. I had heard several years back he had closed up shop, but that may be incorrect

So the two tiny welds are what basically holds the rings on?

So could it be silver soldered if they came apart like that?
The pins are what provide the mount strength under a shear load. The recoil of the gun produces a shear style of load. Rifle goes backwards, scope kinda sits there until the recoil movement catches up with the scope via mount & rings. Think of it as pulling the table clothes out from under the dishes. When done fast, the dishes don’t move but pull the table cloths slowly and everything falls onto the floor. This is the opposed of that.

Once a scope is placed in the mount connecting the front and rear ring together, there is no more allowance for a single ring to be able to be twisted off. The tack welds only prevent twisting of one ring at a time when no scope is mounted in them. I’m sure they play a very minor part in preventing the rings from popping off.

I am willing to bet that the original Unertl mounts are more than just brazed on with silver solder. After all, the rings are bigger than a front sight bead or vented rib or iron sight base. John made the scopes marine proof and demonstrated this by driving a tent stake into the ground with one of his prototype scopes during the usmc trials.

Asking if he is still there. I had heard several years back he had closed up shop, but that may be incorrect
That what I heard too and just assumed he was closed. The website is still up but I haven’t called or email to verify since I currently don’t have a need too (for a build).

Last edited:
Reactions: Stevo86
So the two tiny welds are what basically holds the rings on?

So could it be silver soldered if they came apart like that?

You're 100% correct! The 2 shitty welds on each side of the ring lowers is the only thing holding the mount together! (@msr_762 explains the lateral forces exerted on the steel pins above, but those dont hold the rings to the mount) It will fail eventually! When the shitty welds on the TMA mount does break, you can reweld it, but make sure everything is lined up perfectly.

Don't even bother with this though, I might do a run of repro Unertl mounts and they will have a one piece base/ring lower, so there won't be any way to break them. I'll keep you guys updated on any progress if I decide to have a batch made.

One last comment for my daily rant. The 3 of his mounts that I intentionally twisted off the rings from of the 5 I’ve handle in the last 10 years. All had a 1/4” dia by 1/4” long dowel pin centered under each ring. It serves the purpose of keeping the rings aligned and on center. It also serves to prevent the ring from shearing off (bending; not twisting). The one picture floating around of the pin sheared off; I have no clue on. Other than if that fat and short of a dowel pin were to be sheared. It would take so much force to shear it that the ring, base and hole for the pin would have looked like it was beaten with a sledgehammer. Actually, what most likely would have happened under a 6 shearing load, the pin would most likely just pulled out of the 1/8” deep hole in either the base or the ring. Just my 2¢.

Also, in regards to him using a magnets. I highly doubt this. Based on my prior paragraph but he is super sketchy and anything is possible with him. To explain why some of you are finding his mount to be magnetic. When cutting metal, your cutting speed (rpm) and feeds (feed rate) are super important. Get these wrong and you burn up end mills real quick. Drills too. As the tool dulls and wears, you now have a rubbing action happening vs a cutting action. Your end mill and drills are harder than the steel you’re cutting. Harder material wins. So, you are now rubbing instead of cutting. This is how you accidentally magnetize your part. How it actually does it is beyond my intellect but I know this can and does cause magnetization. It’s why every machine shop worth a damn has a demagnetizer.

By no means am I defending or even sticking up for him. Just sharing some knowledge. He’s still a pos and I’ll never do business with him again after this last mount from 2021.

Thank you for this information! Myself and a few others were certain that it was magnets inside the mounts and simrad caps, but you're probably right about magnetized steel pieces instead of any actual magnets! So, from here on I'll drop the magnet part when I discuss them and I'll mention the steel pins instead. This explains why some guys on here have magnetized mounts and simrad caps, but others don't.

@msr_762, you've been a huge help with figuring out this ridiculousness and these shitty gun parts. Thank you very much for posting the photos of your TMA mounts and your analysis of the steel pins inside the mounts.

The pins are what provide the mount strength under a shear load. The recoil of the gun produces a shear style of load. Rifle goes backwards, scope kinda sits there until the recoil movement catches up with the scope via mount & rings. Think of it as pulling the table clothes out from under the dishes. When done fast, the dishes don’t move but pull the table cloths slowly and everything falls onto the floor. This is the opposed of that.

Once a scope is placed in the mount connecting the front and rear ring together, there is no more allowance for a single ring to be able to be twisted off. The tack welds only prevent twisting of one ring at a time when no scope is mounted in them. I’m sure they play a very minor part in preventing the rings from popping off.

I am willing to bet that the original Unertl mounts are more than just brazed on with silver solder. After all, the rings are bigger than a front sight bead or vented rib or iron sight base. John made the scopes marine proof and demonstrated this by driving a tent stake into the ground with one of his prototype scopes during the usmc trials.

Tbe crazy thing about the pins is that they are needed at all. All the maker needs to do is extend the ring lowers into a larger hole in the base. The ring lowers are a larger diameter than the pins and probably distributes the recoil forces better than a thin piece of steel stuck in there.

I'll have to dig it out, but I have the rod that Dan Ross used to line up the rings on his version of the Unertl mounts. I think it came with rings and a base, but nothing is brazed or soldered together, so I can take the pieces apart and see how they fit. He did what Unertl did, I just hope I have those pieces somewhere so I can post photos.

As far as I remember, the ring lowers extend into the base and it's soldered or brazed together. It actually works extremely well, but sometimes they loosen up. When this happens the 2112's would put little tiny tac welds (2 per ring base) right where the rings and the base meet. These are seriously small welds, nothing like the large sloppy ones TMA puts on his shitty mounts.

I'll try to find this stuff tomorrow and I'll post photos when I do find the parts.

Reactions: deltawiskey
100% , i didn't have a good experience with them either.

They have had $1000+ USD of my money since November 2021.

I paid for items "in stock" and was even contacted with additional parts that were "over runs" which, like you, included a SIMRAD cap.

Multiple emails went unreplied to.

When i was replied to, it was all excuses, they hadn't forgotten about me etc etc.

I eventually asked for a refund. That was back in September last year. Still no cash back. Still no parts. Still no updates.

Huge chunk of change to lose, especially in this day and age
You can ask your bank/credit card to initiate a chargeback to get your money (before, threaten the seller you will ask for a chargeback if he doesnt refund you).

I would advise initiating a chargeback without tipping your proverbial hand. There are measures he can do to try to thwart this.

He’s a scammer. Treat him as such.

Also, usually there is a time-limit on how long you can initite a chargeback. One tactic would be to make you think he is working with you, stalling while that clock runs down. Initiate right way.

UPDATE!!!!!
The parts arrived. I couldn't believe it.
Randomly this morning the postie rocked up with my M40A1 Parts.
He came through

It's great that you finally got the parts, but you shouldn't give TMA any praise. He finally decided to act like a normal person and send you some parts, but other people here still don't have parts he owes them, his parts are extremely low quality (break and rust), people don't have money he owes them, people are out extra money due having to fix his fuck-ups, an innumerable amount of time has been lost dealing with his issues, and he still has no problem with lies/scams/theft/etc and will continue to hurt this community if given the chance.

I'd also be hesitant even using those parts because of major quality issues. I've honestly never seen a manufacturer with this many quality issues. It's not high volume output, but it's high volume failures.

I'm glad that you finally got your parts, hopefully other people will eventually be made right too.

Last edited:
It's great that you finally got the parts, but you shouldn't give TMA any praise. He finally decided to act like a normal person and send you some parts, but other people here still don't have parts he owes them, his parts are extremely low quality (break and rust), people don't have money he owes them, people are out extra money due having to fix his fuck-ups, an innumerable amount of time has been lost dealing with his issues, and he still has no problem with lies/scams/theft/etc and will continue to hurt this community if given the chance.

I'd also be hesitant even using those parts because of major quality issues. I've honestly never seen a manufacturer with this many quality issues. It's not high volume output, but it's high volume failures.

Even though you finally got your parts, please leave this thread up for everyone to read! Who knows, maybe he finally decided to send you parts with the expectation that you will take down this thread. I'm not saying that he has done this, I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me if he does try to do this. If he ever does ask you to take down this thread because you finally have your parts, please post screen shots for all of us to see!

Thank you again for starting this epic thread and for helping shine a loght on this scumbag! I'm glad that you finally got your parts, hopefully other people will eventually be made right too.
This is my thread it isn’t going anywhere. I agree don’t praise the jackass for actually sending something he owed you. But glad you got your stuff.

This is my thread it isn’t going anywhere. I agree don’t praise the jackass for actually sending something he owed you. But glad you got your stuff.
Damn, I can't even keep track of who started threads anymore! I edited my post and took out incorrect info about that. Thank you for starting this one and keeping it going!

Yep, TMA is still scum. Making 1 single person whole doesn't make everyone else he fucked over whole. This is far from over.

Reactions: msr_762 and Jrb572
Damn, I can't even keep track of who started threads anymore! I edited my post and took out incorrect info about that. Thank you for starting this one and keeping it going!

Yep, TMA is still scum. Making 1 single person whole doesn't make everyone else he fucked over whole. This is far from over.
On a note my rifle is coming home after having all the left over stuff that was incorrect from the TMA build that needed to be fixed.

Last edited:
Have we (or can we) post this guys name?
I’m pretty sure his first name is Chris. I can not completely remember. I deleted his contact information.

Mine is back and looks unbelievable now. The New Smith that fixed it really came through and hit a home run with it. It is now properly marked and all issues fixed. He even redid the shitty bedding that TMA did.

I have already posted this in another thread but I am putting it up so if someone looks hopefully they see this.

Stay away from the hogs den, Twomanattach or whatever they are calling themselves nowadays

I read several places he did a good job on builds. So I contacted him and we agreed to me trading a Unertl for a build. The build was to include the barrel, log books (which he talks shit on builds without them) all correct markings I want.,clip slot, bedding the stock, and a simrad cap for my mount and any additional stuff to finish the build. We discussed everything and I included a note with the rifle when sent what we had talked about. Rifle is a Six digit action.

After a year of having it I text him and I got that he was waiting on screws for the scope mount he could not get. Ok no big deal. Things are fucked up because of COVID. Get the call rifle is coming back to me. Great news I can’t wait to get my hands on it. Open the case and at first glance I’m happy. Then I notice there is no US stamp above the serial. The I see the barrel is marked PWS and I wanted the RTE-P. Get ahold of him and he complains and says not all rifles are built to spec like the internet say. I tell him I get that is possible but not what we agreed on. He complained and said send it back. Send back Rifle.

Rifle is gone for a few months and I get a text saying hey had to spin a new barrel the PWS would not come all the way out. I say thanks for the update. Rifle comes back. I instantly am disgusted when I open the box. Finish looks like total shit. My short shroud is somehow a long one now and the bolt lift totally sucks now. So I go to cleanup the rifle and where the action and barrel were marked the finish wipes right off. Back down to bare steel. Look closely at the barrel and you can still see PWS lightly under the now marked RTE-P. Get back in contact and was told it was a legit repair and I should be happy. At this point I am fuck this guy even if he would repair it correctly I would not even send it back to him.

So I had LRI fix the bolt lift and cut the shroud down to correct length. They did an excellent job and quickly turned it around. I had touched up the barrel and action with some wipe on black oxide. It drove me crazy because I thought it looked like shit. Raven Rifles hooked me up and redid the black oxide for me and it looked awesome. Once again great guy and turn around was super quick.

Finally get it back together go to the range and shoot it. Fuck found another issue. Should have known better and probably had LRI or Raven look at it but I figured it was fine. There is a ring around the shoulder of the brass. Get the handy dandy bore scope out. Guess what. There is a huge burr in the shoulder of the chamber. It is back out being taken care of.

Oh never got log books or my SIMRAD that was part of the deal either.

Stay far away from the Hogs Den , TMA or whatever the hell they call themselves.

To add more to the story. Just got this from the smith taking care of it.

Joe I got a chance to look over your rifle today. Below or the things I found, does not include the barrel issue.
1. RTE-P stamp stinks
2. U.S. stamp wrong
3. Wrong screws in base.
4. Clipslot for base incorrect.
5. Screw for front of trigger guard broke off or cut to short.
6. Wrong box mag and not welded.
7. Bedding is subpar.
8. Not 100% sure but I don’t think recoil lug has proper modification

Also forgot the first time the rifle was sent back to me it was just thrown in a box with bubble wrap and by the time it got here the barrel was sticking out of the box even though I had sent it in a hard case.
This is a good lesson for everyone.If the Gunsmith does not have a BUNCH of 100% Positive Reviews..Do Not Even Consider them...Period.

This is a good lesson for everyone.If the Gunsmith does not have a BUNCH of 100% Positive Reviews..Do Not Even Consider them...Period.
Hi, here is mine mount, for sure was magnet innside. Non ss rod. He did never reply to any emails from me. But, I did reweld , and remount on rifle, never looked back. Have shot approx 1300rnd now. Work like a champ.

Attachments

• F3459936-AC1E-4C45-8C38-C79E710723B9.jpeg
    F3459936-AC1E-4C45-8C38-C79E710723B9.jpeg
    507.3 KB · Views: 192
  • B74AA4C5-6AA8-424D-BB94-7A5B5A12E9D4.jpeg
    B74AA4C5-6AA8-424D-BB94-7A5B5A12E9D4.jpeg
    677.9 KB · Views: 198
  • 1BAC5224-7545-4E27-8DE9-17A92E63604D.jpeg
    1BAC5224-7545-4E27-8DE9-17A92E63604D.jpeg
    497.2 KB · Views: 193
Hi, here is mine mount, for sure was magnet innside. Non ss rod. He did never reply to any emails from me. But, I did reweld , and remount on rifle, never looked back. Have shot approx 1300rnd now. Work like a champ.
for what the hogsden is charging for those mounts and claiming is 100% authentic. That mount should not have broken in the first place. You had to reweld. And looking at the size of those welds im pretty sure its now a tank.
Im glad its working for you now. Also go to the m40-m40a6 pics thread and post some photos of your rifle!

for what the hogsden is charging for those mounts and claiming is 100% authentic. That mount should not have broken in the first place. You had to reweld. And looking at the size of those welds im pretty sure its now a tank.
Im glad its working for you now. Also go to the m40-m40a6 pics thread and post some photos of your rifle!
Totally agree you should not have to reweld them. Bad thing is there is not my options out there except using a different style but correct mount. Hopefully we will get someone to start making them.

I agree there arn't really any options. I think if someone was to start making them I hope I could convence them to make a few left handed, for some of us that want a bastard version from hell.

Bad thing is there is not my options out there except using a different style but correct mount. Hopefully we will get someone to start making them.

That's why I've been pushing people to use the Redfield 700SA scope base with medium height Redfield underscrew rings. An original base/ring set can be put together for under $100 and I've given away dozens of original USMC sets to friends and forum members who are doing A1 builds. Everyone thinks about and covets the Unertl mount, but that mount is just a copy and update of the Redfield base/ring sets. The Reference sets are also 100% correct to use with the Redfield greenies, the Redfield matte black scopes, the Redfield Widefield scopes, the Weaver T-10 scopes and even the Unertl MST-100 scopes.

Yes, the Marines used the Redfield base/ring sets with the Unertl MST-100's for multiple years. That's literally all they had on hand for the original 25 Unertl prototype scopes that the Corps tested between 1980 and 1982. Unertl MST-100 scopes that areived after 1982 had Unertl mounts shipped with them, but the Redfield sets could still be used in a pinch if some of the Unertl mounts were damaged/lost/stolen/etc.

The best advice I can possibly give people is to just look for the correct Redfield 700SA scope base and a correct set of Redfield medium scope rings. I personally know quite a few people who are using this exact setup on their A1's. Some guys are even using original USMC welded 40X or 700SA mounts on their builds. Those original USMC welded Redfield sets are far more rare than the original USMC Unertl mounts, but they trade between collectors for a lot less than a legit Unertl mount. There's other options out there that cloners can use and over the past few years I've been trying to get collectors to think more about the transitional M40A1's that don't need a $4,500 Unertl mount.

I've gotten a few quotes for a run of replica Unertl mounts. I have one that's new in box and I can easily have it sent out to be duplicated. I know exactly how I'd want them made, but they could be expensive. There's a chance that in the future there might be very high quality 1 piece Unertl replica mounts available.

That's why I've been pushing people to use the Redfield 700SA scope base with medium height Redfield underscrew rings. An original base/ring set can be put together for under $100 and I've given away dozens of original USMC sets to friends and forum members who are doing A1 builds. Everyone thinks about and covets the Unertl mount, but that mount is just a copy and update of the Redfield base/ring sets. The Reference sets are also 100% correct to use with the Redfield greenies, the Redfield matte black scopes, the Redfield Widefield scopes, the Weaver T-10 scopes and even the Unertl MST-100 scopes.

Yes, the Marines used the Redfield base/ring sets with the Unertl MST-100's for multiple years. That's literally all they had on hand for the original 25 Unertl prototype scopes that the Corps tested between 1980 and 1982. Unertl MST-100 scopes that areived after 1982 had Unertl mounts shipped with them, but the Redfield sets could still be used in a pinch if some of the Unertl mounts were damaged/lost/stolen/etc.

The best advice I can possibly give people is to just look for the correct Redfield 700SA scope base and a correct set of Redfield medium scope rings. I personally know quite a few people who are using this exact setup on their A1's. Some guys are even using original USMC welded 40X or 700SA mounts on their builds. Those original USMC welded Redfield sets are far more rare than the original USMC Unertl mounts, but they trade between collectors for a lot less than a legit Unertl mount. There's other options out there that cloners can use and over the past few years I've been trying to get collectors to think more about the transitional M40A1's that don't need a $4,500 Unertl mount.

I've gotten a few quotes for a run of replica Unertl mounts. I have one that's new in box and I can easily have it sent out to be duplicated. I know exactly how I'd want them made, but they could be expensive. There's a chance that in the future there might be very high quality 1 piece Unertl replica mounts available.
I have one of those mounts you gave me sitting on top of my safe just in case there is an issue with the TMA Unertl style base on the rifle.

You know you’re judged by the company you keep , right ?
You can judge me anyway you want. I’ve done tons of scope work for folks here, never a complaint. Sucks that 2man has fucked good people over. Honestly, he’s never had a great attitude, but he’s given me some solid parts in the past. I haven’t dealt with him in prob 6 years, so it sounds like shit has gone south since then. I feel bad for the folks that got scammed. Really sucks.

I agree there arn't really any options. I think if someone was to start making them I hope I could convence them to make a few left handed, for some of us that want a bastard version from hell.
Years ago (1997-2004)I had some made when I operated Tactical Stocks & Supplies. But they were dual dovetail clipslotted versions. I don’t think I have any left handed in the vault but will look. A chap about 2 years back bought all the inventory that I had left - a decent amount. All 4 configurations (short RH and LH as well as the double goofy long action clipslotted bases RH and LH)

He’s not a good guy and never had been. He’s always been a POS. Guys saying they had good turn outs from “his” builds from back in 2014 time frame is because back then 2112’s at PWS we’re actually building the rifles. Of course that was before he burned them all.

He doesn’t actually build anything. He’s a middleman. He takes your money and sends your parts / builds with no FFL to someone else who has no FFL, that is not who he claims they are, won’t let you speak to them, zero comms, won’t tell you who it is, refuses to meet you FTF. Claims he using a 2112 at PWS which is a lie, because I know a couple active 2112’s and they confirmed my rifle was never there and no one at PWS will even look at that guy or anyone that does business with him. He almost got them all fired years ago and got the hobby lobby shut down for years because of his drama and putting them all on blast on forums.

When I finally do get it back it’s sitting in a poorly wrapped cardboard box on my doorstep, where it sat for 2 days until I got back from out of town. No heads up it shipped, no tracking, no signature. Then it won’t chamber a round, isn’t trued, bedding job is a sh** show, barrel isn’t centered in the channel, stamps are all shallow and all over the fucking place, pulled patched through the barrel and got nothing but black (assuming from the oxide) and metal shavings, there’s a rear scope base screw busted of in the receiver, action screw holes are filed with bedding compound to the point he had to thread the actions screw through the stock just to get to the receiver, charged me for ammo so he could test fire, which he said he did even though his smith short chambered it and it wouldn’t chamber a round, didn’t weld the box mag to the receiver, smeared the Tube Data book markings all over the book and then taped over it, and never sent me the Unertl spanner wrench I paid for…

If i had heard about his previous reputation I never would have sent him my stuff. Guy has left a wake of destruction with all the people he’s burnt over there years. Forunelty I was able to send it to a real 2112 and is getting that abortion TMA’s “guy” created fixed.

Buyer beware. He’s a lying snake and whoever is doing his builds is a hack and not who he claims they are.

That’s my experience with that guy and to be honest after all the damage he’s done and Money he’s stolen Over the years I’m surprised he’s still got the use of his legs
which is probably why he refuses to meet anyone FTF…

Last edited:
The one thing that kept this guy safe for years was the fact that everyone was trying to protect the supposed guys at PWS. It wasn't because we didn't want to see this asshole burn. It was because we didn't want to rain down hate upon the guys at PWS. Those that knew about his bullshit would not recommend him to people whenever they were asked or he was brought up. I'm glad that this is all coming to light. While I have not had a rifle built by him personally, I know people who did and either now know the story or had their rifles completely broke down and rebuilt by a known 2112.

Yup, that was me.

The guy has been dealing under tons of aliases, it's crazy. Usually people want to have 1 name and build a reputation around it. Take me, for example. My username is the same everywhere, forums, ebay and gunbroker. Some that uses a ton of different names usually has something to hide. Here's the names I've seen 2fag use over the years (some he claims are his son or daughter's account, but it's really just him):

Twomanattack
Twomanattach
PlumbersCrack
WalkAroundBoat
LatinaInCorvina
CruZ
TheHogsDen

I'm sure there's more, but these are the ones that come to mind. The spelling mighg be off on some, but you get the idea. He also has a very specific way of writing his product descriptions. He's the only person to use the words "pedigree/pedigreed" in his listings. Same thing with "built at the home of the deadliest snipers" or whatever bullshit. If any of you see these names and/or these words/phrases in the description, it's 2fag, so stay far away!

He also lists his location on ebay as Camp Pendleton to make it seem even more legit. He doesn't live on Camp Pendleton, it's a complete lie!

Chris Jaime

Bad as @HogsLife report is he is actually being charitable.
If anyone sold the guy life insurance it was a poor investment. You simply cannot screw over that many people and not eventually harm the wrong one.

Reactions: HogsLife
He’s not a good guy and never had been. He’s always been a POS. Guys saying they had good turn outs from “his” builds from back in 2014 time frame is because back then 2112’s at PWS we’re actually building the rifles. Of course that was before he burned them all.

He doesn’t actually build anything. He’s a middleman. He takes your money and sends your parts / builds with no FFL to someone else who has no FFL, that is not who he claims they are, won’t let you speak to them, zero comms, won’t tell you who it is, refuses to meet you FTF. Claims he using a 2112 at PWS which is a lie, because I know a couple active 2112’s and they confirmed my rifle was never there and no one at PWS will even look at that guy or anyone that does business with him. He almost got them all fired years ago and got the hobby lobby shut down for years because of his drama and putting them all on blast on forums.

When I finally do get it back it’s sitting in a poorly wrapped cardboard box on my doorstep, where it sat for 2 days until I got back from out of town. No heads up it shipped, no tracking, no signature. Then it won’t chamber a round, isn’t trued, bedding job is a sh** show, barrel isn’t centered in the channel, stamps are all shallow and all over the fucking place, pulled patched through the barrel and got nothing but black (assuming from the oxide) and metal shavings, and there’s a rear scope base screw busted of in the receiver..

If i had heard about his previous reputation I never would have sent him my stuff. Guy has left a wake of destruction with all the people he’s burnt over there years. Forunelty I was able to send it to a real 2112 and is getting that abortion TMA’s “guy” created fixed.

Buyer beware. He’s a lying snake and whoever is doing his builds is a hack and not who he claims they are.

That’s my experience with that guy and to be honest after all the damage he’s done and Money he’s stolen Over the years I’m surprised he’s still got the use of his legs
If I had seen his previous reputation I would have went elsewhere also.

Sorry to hear about your dealing with him. Hopefully like I’ve said before. I hope this thread saves someone from dealing with that asshole.

Reactions: HogsLife
If I had seen his previous reputation I would have went elsewhere also.

Sorry to hear about your dealing with him. Hopefully like I’ve said before. I hope this thread saves someone from dealing with that asshole.
On the up side….

Top M40a1 was the one I sent to him and then sent to PWS to have fixed by an actual 2112.

Bottom M40a1 I just got back a couple days ago. This one went to GA. They did an amazing job on it.

56864647-5173-416A-AC14-C8F048E7BA75.jpeg

Last edited:

When I finally do get it back it’s sitting in a poorly wrapped cardboard box on my doorstep, where it sat for 2 days until I got back from out of town. No heads up it shipped, no tracking, no signature. Then it won’t chamber a round, isn’t trued, bedding job is a sh** show, barrel isn’t centered in the channel, stamps are all shallow and all over the fucking place, pulled patched through the barrel and got nothing but black (assuming from the oxide) and metal shavings, there’s a rear scope base screw busted of in the receiver, action screw holes are filed with bedding compound to the point he had to thread the actions screw through the stock just to get to the receiver, charged me for ammo so he could test fire, which he said he did even though his smith short chambered it and it wouldn’t chamber a round, didn’t weld the box mag to the receiver, smeared the Tube Data book markings all over the book and then taped over it, and never sent me the Unertl spanner wrench I paid for…

I was so close to having him "build" my M40A5 years ago...I'm so lucky I went with someone else!
DW

Years ago (1997-2004)I had some made when I operated Tactical Stocks & Supplies. But they were dual dovetail clipslotted versions. I don’t think I have any left handed in the vault but will look. A chap about 2 years back bought all the inventory that I had left - a decent amount. All 4 configurations (short RH and LH as well as the double goofy long action clipslotted bases RH and LH)
I think dual dovetail may have been superior to brazing or spot welding. That would be an awesome mount even if not 100% spec.

Reactions: fourhourseast
These look bullet proof - Refreshing to see someone making m40 gear and keeping the Clone game alive!

No subspecies of pigs (Sus scrofa) have ever made a "den". An enclosure for domesticated pigs is called a "sty" in English, and wild pigs build and sleep in a communal "nest" made of sticks and leaves. There is ignorance, fraud, or both right in the name.
iu

Just sayin'...

No subspecies of pigs (Sus scrofa) have ever made a "den". An enclosure for domesticated pigs is called a "sty" in English, and wild pigs build and sleep in a communal "nest" made of sticks and leaves. There is ignorance, fraud, or both right in the name.
iu

Just sayin'...

There's no ignorance in the term "hog's den," it's an actual USMC Scout Sniper term, not something taken from nature. The fraud part is well documented in this thread, but it has nothing to do with the term "hog's den."