• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Effective Immediately, NO POLITICS PERIOD !

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    This site is now 100% a NO POLITICS ZONE.

Sniper's Hide will no longer be entertaining any political discussion, no political jokes, no local, national or international political talk of any kind.

This includes discussion related to Second Amendment topics,

Zero Tolerance...

If you make a political post you will be banned, if you use the name of a politician in a post or make a flippant off the cuff comment that is political in nature, you will banned.

People cannot follow the rules, and feel the need to go outside of the rules as this board has had from the beginning so we are ending the practice of tolerating any type of political talk.

The purpose of this site is to discuss shooting and shooting related topics, not engage in conspiracy theories and to valid the endless chain emails being send out. If you want to talk politics, or find out whether the information on the treaty is true or if the government is buying up your ammo, please go some where else.

Since the beginning Sniper's Hide enjoyed a NO POLITICS Policy and we relaxed that policy to help protect our 2A rights. Since that time people have constantly gone beyond this scope and engaged in Anti Government Speak, this will not be tolerated. We pride ourselves in helping and supporting members of our Military and Law Enforcement and this type of discussion has hurt their participation as well as put us in an awkward position. No longer...

Consider this your one and only warning moving forward if you start a political post it will be removed and your account will banned. If someone else starts a political post before a moderator catches and you encourage and contribute to that post you will also be banned. Period, No Exceptions.

This site is dedicated to the Serious Tactical Marksman, you did not come here to talk Politics so please restrict your discussion to shooting.

I'm a newer member and its unfortunate it has come to that. I truly did learn of some things from the political threads about the 2nd. I also totally understand where you're coming from with the totally off the deep end posts.

Frank; Just wondering if you were including, signatures,avatars, ect, designed to depict the beliefs or likes of a member?

I support this policy (bannage of all political chat). It's a shame, in my mind, that shooting and gun ownership has become so politicized. I'd much rather talk reloading, cigars, scotch, and rifles than (insert political crap here).

Lowlight, time will tell whether the only 'serious tactical marksmen' left in the future are the 'military and law enforcement' audience, with which you desire to curry favor. We live in awkward times.

This post should not be construed to imply "political discussion, political jokes, nor local, national nor international political talk of any kind." Now, and in the future, I pledge to 'restrict [my] discussion to shooting' on this site. Can we start talking about how to best run a 10-string rapid shooting competition with 7 round clips? Do you load '7 and 3' or '6 and 4'?

Frank; Just wondering if you were including, signatures,avatars, ect, designed to depict the beliefs or likes of a member?

I would also like clarification on this [see my sig].

Please let me know if I should change my signatures. I am relatively new to this Forum and came here to learn more about long range shooting. I have plenty of questions about equipment and technique. Sure don't want to get banned and I didn't come here for political discussions though it is interesting to know what like minded indivduals are thinking on topics of the day.

A mass emailing of the membership regarding this would be of benefit. I know ignorance of the law is no excuse, but I really was not aware of the no politics rule. I'm sure I read it when I joined, but that was a while ago. Even the subtitle at "The Bear Pit" forum, "...please refrain from posting political or religious topics" implies that political discussions are allowed elsewhere on the site (especially, I'm sure many thought, a forum made for discussions of the Second Amendment, which, ironically, was located immediately below "The Bear Pit"). I'm sure there are many who are not aware of what happened recently who might innocently say something political. A mass emailing would help save them from unwittingly banning themselves. In fact, after having read this, I went back and deleted a post I just made that could be construed as being semi-political in nature. This is your house, so I play by your rules, and I'm sure most would. It might just take a kind reminder in a place where everyone would see it- their email.

Last edited:
    A mass emailing of the membership regarding this would be of benefit. I know ignorance of the law is no excuse, but I really was not aware of the no politics rule. I'm sure I read it when I joined, but that was a while ago. Even the subtitle at the "Bear Pit" forum, "...please refrain from posting political or religious topics" implies that political discussions are allowed elsewhere on the site (especially, I'm sure many thought, a forum made for discussions of the Second Amendment). I'm sure there are many who are not aware of what happened recently who might innocently say something political. A mass emailing would help save them from unwittingly banning themselves. In fact, after having read this, I went back and deleted a post I just made that was sem-political in nature. This is your house, so I play by your rules, and I'm sure most would. It might just take a kind reminder in a place where everyone would see it- their email.

No. We're not going to hold your hand. If you forget what you read and agreed to then that's on you. And if that doesn't work when they get back from the ban I'm sure they'll remember.

No. We're not going to hold your hand. If you forget what you read and agreed to then that's on you. And if that doesn't work when they get back from the ban I'm sure they'll remember.

Just thought it might save you time in the long run, not to mention rapport.

Just thought it might save you time in the long run, not to mention rapport.

Nope. Banning someone takes very little time and effort. And as far as rapport goes, we're not hear for the Mr. Congeniality contest, we are here to keep the prevent the dipshits from breaking the rules. Especially the rules they acknowledge to have read and then go on to break them anyway.

Nope. Banning someone takes very little time and effort. And as far as rapport goes, we're not hear for the Mr. Congeniality contest, we are here to keep the prevent the dipshits from breaking the rules. Especially the rules they acknowledge to have read and then go on to break them anyway.

Diplomatic and mature. Thankyou.

We live in a very hyper political time, and for those of us who follow legislation and legislators closely, this will mean biting our tongues. (fingers?) While I may not agree with this decision, I can see why it was necessary to implement. Anyone who doesn't OWN this website, doesn't get to make the rules, but they do have to respect them. jmho.

I'm not a politician so screw diplomacy. And as far as maturity goes, it takes a mature person to read, understand, and follow the rules without having to have their hand held. Also, mature people know when to drop a subject before it goes too far. Are you mature?

At 49 I'm mature enough to willingly follow the rules of the house without having to be threatened.

You say that yet you responded.

If politely responding to a direct question is against the rules, then I sincerely apologize.

And speaking of the rules, since you seem to be a strict, by-the-rulebookbook, no-nonsense kind of guy, Mike, I assume you'd be the one to ask... I looked all over this site for a way to view the rules, but was not able to find them. Could you kindly post a link to the forum rules for us? Much appreciated.

Revealing.

Thankyou akmike, that was helpful. I didn't expect them to be buried in a thread like that. Not the first place I would have looked.

Last edited:
    Revealing.

Thankyou akmike, that was helpful. I didn't expect them to be buried in a thread like that. Not the first place I would have looked.

Not to be a to much of a butt, but, it is the top thread on the forum n which this thread resides. :)

Not to be a to much of a butt, but, it is the top thread on the forum n which this thread resides. :)

LOL! I see that now. Still not the first place I would have looked. I can usually navigate to the rules on other forums via "About Us" or "FAQ" buttons at the top of the page. Whatever. I appreciate your help.

Now, with my memory refreshed on the rules, this must be the rule that is being discussed here:

"6. Political discussion not directly related to firearms and shooting related issues are prohibited, as is any discussion on religion and religious matters. The posting of political or religious material will be deemed disruptive and maybe result in disciplinary action without notice or warning. Sniper's Hide has zero tolerance for political posts of any kind. Whether under guise of a political joke, or a blatant propaganda piece, no political posts means, no political posts, period."

Clear as mud. So as I understand it now, the second and third bolded sections are going to be enforced regardless of whether the political content is "firearms and shooting related" or not, as appears to be excepted by the first bolded section. That's fine. Rules is rules, and most of us try our best to follow them. But, shouldn't the rule be modified so that it does not appear there is an exception? And, if the rule is modified, wouldn't it be "right" to notify the membership directly via email that their contract has been changed for clarification? That's all I was asking about originally.

Last edited:
    The rule will be modified but Lowlight is out at the Snipers Hide Cup right now and busy. That is part of the reason for this post. How about you just say fine and move on and stop with the bullshit posts? That is a rhetorical question as well. Answer it and you will be banned.