• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Effing Redding dies

Thanks Juma, I do anneal every time. We're talking .308 here but I do reload for 223 as well. I've not used a SB die on any of the cartridges I load for as it hasn't been needed and an SB can overwork the brass. I don't ever use the expander balls and set neck tension with a separate 21st Century nitrided mandrel.
This for picked up mil brass. Standard die for all brass without expander. We do a lot of 243. Same family as 308. Cant overstate value of annealing every time. Cheers.

Got these in the mail today and couldn't get the FL sizing die in my press soon enough. Lubed up a few cases with lanolin, screwed the die all the way down until it was just touching the shell holder and sized one die. 1.6255 on the nose. Small adjustment and I was at 1.626.

And I have to say, this thing sizes like butter. I mean I was using the bare minimum of lanolin and it was even easier than the Hornady. Almost effortless! Cost-wise, the combo was $100 less than the Redding. It's not a bushing die but others report how good concentricity is and that was one of the reasons I wanted to try a bushing die out. So we'll see if these shrink my groups any

The Micrometer seating die has large, legible lines/numbers which I really appreciate. Back to being a happy camper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack's Dad
Got these in the mail today and couldn't get the FL sizing die in my press soon enough. Lubed up a few cases with lanolin, screwed the die all the way down until it was just touching the shell holder and sized one die. 1.6255 on the nose. Small adjustment and I was at 1.626.

And I have to say, this thing sizes like butter. I mean I was using the bare minimum of lanolin and it was even easier than the Hornady. Almost effortless! Cost-wise, the combo was $100 less than the Redding. It's not a bushing die but others report how good concentricity is and that was one of the reasons I wanted to try a bushing die out. So we'll see if these shrink my groups any

The Micrometer seating die has large, legible lines/numbers which I really appreciate. Back to being a happy camper.
You didn’t say what dies you got.

• Haha
Reactions: ma smith
Lol, that wasn't there when i first read your post. Those are nice, and well priced.
Says you! :ROFLMAO: But yes, very well priced honestly. I spent about $325 on the Redding setup and this was at least $100 less. I added a RCBS case activated linkage kit and it still came out under the Redding stuff.

Is the expander button removable on this die?

Nice thing about Forster is the ability to send them in to get the necks honed. Not as optimal as the bushing, but at least you won't overwork the necks when expanding.

Nice thing about Forster is the ability to send them in to get the necks honed. Not as optimal as the bushing, but at least you won't overwork the necks when expanding.
I thought about this a bit. I'm using the die just for the bolt gun but using a few different head stamps so I'm trying to wrap my head around whether that'd be useful or not. Insight appreciated.

Does anyone know what size a non honed Forster die brings the neck down to?

I thought about this a bit. I'm using the die just for the bolt gun but using a few different head stamps so I'm trying to wrap my head around whether that'd be useful or not. Insight appreciated.
Measure all of the types as loaded rounds and base it off the thinnest.

Reactions: Supersubes