• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Elcan Specter DR night visions question??

Alcatraz

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2013
me and my dad both have Elcan Specter DR on our DD MK-18. We are looking to put some nightvision in FRONT of the Elcan Scope, (Preferably generation 2) I would also like it to be compatiable with my M1A (which has a trijicon 5x20), any ideas, feedback on anything would be greatly appreciated.

Do u have to have a clip on in front?

I think a helmet set up would be a whole lot feasible and easier to use..

Say you want to maneuver around. You ain't gonna be in the high ready for that shit.
Also with a helmet set up and nvg in general, you'll eventually get an ir laser . Again easier to use and see if you have the nvg mounted in a helmet.

Any specific reason you want it on the weapon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey bud. Ive used the Elcan extensively in the Army downrange and have tried an array of things. What works best is PVS-24s. They are actually made for Elcan or ACOGs. They are ideal for devices in the 1-8 power range. Anything higher than that, you want some PVS-22, 26,27 or 29s. Again, the 24s arent too grainy at 4 power and you can see the reticle well. Hope that helps bro.
Heres a link
https://tnvc.com/shop/l3-anpvs-24-cnvd/

Last edited:
me and my dad both have Elcan Specter DR on our DD MK-18. We are looking to put some nightvision in FRONT of the Elcan Scope, (Preferably generation 2) I would also like it to be compatiable with my M1A (which has a trijicon 5x20), any ideas, feedback on anything would be greatly appreciated.

Hi sir, I have a gen 2 HD clip on, the co-X. It would work well on both scopes without breaking the bank.

Well, ghengisahn175 me and my dad thought it would a be more cheaper & efficient, but I see what you mean. I have an armasight gen 1 monocular with a Dbal-D2 IR laser and illuminator, the armasight gen 1 monocular I have is more like a CQC (inside my house). Don't get me wrong I absolutely my DBAL-D2, and monocular but I'm looking for something more better, and hopefully cheaper.

Utrarunner7, do you have a price on those things.

Delta4-3, thank you for the info, I will look into it.

Hey bud. Ive used the Elcan extensively in the Army downrange and have tried an array of things. What works best is PVS-24s. They are actually made for Elcan or ACOGs. They are ideal for devices in the 1-8 power range. Anything higher than that, you want some PVS-22, 26,27 or 29s. Again, the 24s arent too grainy at 4 power and you can see the reticle well. Hope that helps bro.
Heres a link
https://tnvc.com/shop/l3-anpvs-24-cnvd/

Indeed the PVS-24's were specifically designed for SOPMOD Block 50 program for the AGOG and Specter DR's. It's a true Mil-Spec Device and very light weight. We've always had special pricing on these for Hide members. Give me a PM. Thanks guys.

When I was viewing the armasights CO-x it said for their generation 2, there is a bravo, an alpha, a ghost and an MG? What do those mean?

When I was viewing the armasights CO-x it said for their generation 2, there is a bravo, an alpha, a ghost and an MG? What do those mean?

Bravo, alpha, and ghost are gen 3 designations. MG stands for Manual Gain. As far as Gen 2 goes, the HD is by far the best, and the whole setup is $2,125.

do they have any NVG's that are like monocular (headstrap/helmet mount) and then can be mounted on front of a gun.

do they have any NVG's that are like monocular (headstrap/helmet mount) and then can be mounted on front of a gun.

A clip-on like a PVS-24 or CO-X are different beasts from monoculars like a PVS-14. While you can mount a PVS-14 behind a day optic, mounting it in front will have all sorts of issues when it comes to point-of-impact shift.

Hello, I have recently completed my AR-15, and have a simple scope on it. The Bushnell drop zone AR/223. I am looking for some advice on what NV device to put in front of it. Was thinking of using a flip-up mount. Any advice on what device would be best? Gen 1 is fine as I am looking to stay in the $500 range if possible.