• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Electronic Ear Defenders???

N2DADARK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010
I was brousing thru my copy of Cheaper Than Dirt and came across some electronic ear defenders (thats hearing protection for you Non-Com's out there (and thats Non-Combatants for you civi's)). Any how heres the links to them what do you guys think, Im at the range alot and Im fed up with ear plugs getting cold or forgeting them and using .45 shells. Im on a budget and I like the low profile of these, plus looks like the ones the helo operators wear so cool points +5.

Set 1

Set 2

Re: Electronic Ear Defenders???

thanks bro, i was tired of wondering who that guy was...
hearing_protection.jpeg

from experience,
PELTOR! I use them and enjoy them, excellent noise reduction at the right times and nice amplification when needed, (stood next to a shooter with a ported 4" 44 mag today and felt the blast more then i heard it.
a bit of $100 but worth it to me.
YMMV

Nope I do own a Bushmaster, but I only post on this site and used to be gun boards.com

Im looking to used them for 308 shooting, no really for my shots but the AR trash that wants to come out and blow away a paychecks worth of ammo in there AR at a target 25 yards away. And for my little one who needs to hear his mom and I and not so much the 22 he shoots

I've been useing the Howard Lights (Impact Sports) for a few years now and they have performed great. My shooting pard used mine and bought himself a pair and loves them. They're great for thier price and much more. they're the only ones I've used, including much more expensive, that dont get in the way while shooting. I recommend them to anyone who asks.

okie

Personally I find electronic ear muffs to be most useful for handgun shooting - I've never found any outside-the-ear protection that was comfortable for me while behind a rifle. I've finally settled on a set of custom foam earplugs on a cord, and they work decently, with the caveat that their protection level isn't as good as the better earmuffs out there. Working on a range meant for me going through ear protection on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, and I've yet to run across a single product that works perfectly in all places and times. You can spend hundreds of dollars on the fancy stuff, or get something like the Paulsons on our website for much less - it all depends on what you're doing and how much you want to spend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRT Supply</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally I find electronic ear muffs to be most useful for handgun shooting - I've never found any outside-the-ear protection that was comfortable for me while behind a rifle. I've finally settled on a set of custom foam earplugs on a cord, and they work decently, with the caveat that their protection level isn't as good as the better earmuffs out there. Working on a range meant for me going through ear protection on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, and I've yet to run across a single product that works perfectly in all places and times. You can spend hundreds of dollars on the fancy stuff, or get something like the Paulsons on our website for much less - it all depends on what you're doing and how much you want to spend. </div></div>

lol not alot thats for sure