• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Electronic Muff / Motorola 2 Way Radio Adapter

Bob Roach

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2003
SC MISSOURI
I have Motorola TalkAbout T5600 Radios that we use for Range Communication. Three of the Range Officers have recently added Howard Leight Impact Sport R-01526 Electronic Earmuffs to our equipment list. These come with a 1/8"/3.5mm Auxiliary Input Connector for connection to MP3 Players, Cel Phones, and 2-Way Radios.
I have been doing quite a lot of looking, and so far I have not found a Single Pin Motorola Radio to Head Set Connector System that will work for my application.

I think what one needs is something like the Motorola 53727 Earbud w/Push to Talk, only with a 3.5mm Male Plug in place of the Earbud to connect to the Electronic Earmuff Jack. Surely someone makes this set up.

Re: Electronic Muff / Motorola 2 Way Radio Adapter

Bump
I would have thought someone on here would have came up with a source by now. After all we do have most of the combined knowledge of planet earth on this web site.
I guess a little more exposure till the right person reads the post.

Re: Electronic Muff / Motorola 2 Way Radio Adapter

What you will probably need to do is get one of these:

http://www.nwbackpack.com/products/motorola_earbud_w__ptt_mic_t560052005.php

Then cut off the ear bud, and attach a 3.5 mm plug which will fit the jack on the ear protectors. I expect the microphone is in that pod which contains the PTT switch, so there should only be two wires going to the ear bud. If so, polarity won't matter.

For $15 plus shipping, order one and find out. If it works, it's a cheap solution.

For that matter, you may be able just to put the ear bud in your ear under the hearing protector. I've run my Iphone ear buds that way.