• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Electronic Scale

All the good electronic scales sensitive enough for trickling will be expensive that Ive seen, like 600 and up for an A&D Fx120i, but for 200 more you could get the auto trickler system added on to it and take away that hassle.

If you just want to check weight the gempro 250 is a good less expensive scale and people have been using them to not trickle but identify the dump weight and then know/calculate how many kernals to add to make the desired weight. For trickling it likes to stick to the number it first measures to resist drift so jostling the drift becomes necessary to prompt it to reread.

I personally like the chargemaster for allowing the removal of my focus entirely from the process so I can do other things at the same time.

For budget , chargemaster (there's a lite version now) or the gen pro 250.

For the first, budget lab grade scale it's the A&D fnx-120i. Get it from Cambridge enviro for around 500.

After that sky's the limit.

Its difficult to beat a tuned balance beam for the cost. Detects one kernel of powder, immediate response to trickling, accurate, no drift. I find the Chargemaster is surprisingly accurate if you watch the final trickling to insure nothing unusual happens which the 0.1gr display does not detect.

What about the EK-120i? It's cheaper than the FX model. What's your thoughts?

It depends;

if I'm going to go budget on a scale for reloading, im going to get a chargemaster because it has features that help with reloading.

that's what the CM has over a gem pro and that EL-120i.

when you go for the fx-120i, you're going for the precision it comes with in terms of resolution because of the way it measures (magnetic force restoration vs strain gauge).

So my order of precedence: CM For budget, fx-120i for precision (for another 120 bucks you can get the speed of the CM with the auto trickler).

theres also the lyman gen 5 and gen 6 dispensers.
reviews are good so far;
on par with the CM at a better price. I think it's what pushed them for the CM lite as that's pretty much what a gen5/6 is

I keep going back to the scale. I have a hornady scale and it will give me different weights on the same object up to .3gr difference. I keep having to zero it out all the time. Went back to the Beam Scale RCBS that i've had forever and it just works. I feel better with it.

As of this time stamp the Canadian dollar to US dollar exchange rate is $1 : $.74

it looks like the Canadian price went up a little bit but it means you're still paying 525 which is good

Last thing I can add, if you're dropping the $...

the A&D with Adam's Autotrickler is significantly faster and more accurate than the CM when using powder scoops and your workflow is setup correctly. The best tweaked/strawed CM will still need 115ish throws to load 100 cartridges. I have a big smile on my face every time I run the autotrickler/AnD combo

But, I still love my CM when I'm not looking for that 0.02 precision

I've been using the Hornady LNL powder trickler/scale for about a year now and have found it to be very accurate and reliable. If the trickle speed is set up correctly , it drops perfect powder charges 9 out of 10 times even with the long extruded stuff. Just my .02.

A&d combo looks pretty slick. I'm looking to upgrade the cm. Might be my next move. Any downside other than 800 bucks?

I have the Sartorius Entris 64-1S, I am pleased with its performance. It also has the option for an automatic trickler.

I have CM1500 & gempro, the gempro was driving me nuts so I got an Ohaus YJ103 a lot better than the gempro. That said my autotrickler & fx120 is in the mail heading my way. Like they say" buy once cry once". What ever you get or use it will be a lot easier for you to use with the proper lighting (LED) and a line conditioner for your voltage.