• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Element Nexus Gen2 4-25x50

leendertp

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2021
The Mooooon
I stumbled upon this yesterday at an online retailer in South Africa. It is listed as available but with no more information other than a small pic and price.

Looks like it'll be about $2k. Anyone know anything about it?

It's mostly just intriguing because of the success Zeiss S3. Everyone on here that has one seems to like them, issues notwithstanding. If it is a LOW clone, I wonder what this brings that is different or competitive? Doesn't look like price.

I have look through one and fondled it a little bit at the NRL22 Nationals. Looks to be way better than the Gen 1. Built more like the Theos.

I stumbled upon this yesterday at an online retailer in South Africa. It is listed as available but with no more information other than a small pic and price.

Looks like it'll be about $2k. Anyone know anything about it?

It's mostly just intriguing because of the success Zeiss S3. Everyone on here that has one seems to like them, issues notwithstanding. If it is a LOW clone, I wonder what this brings that is different or competitive? Doesn't look like price.

Just because something looks similar to something else doesn't make it the same. A turd looks like a Baby Ruth but doesn't mean they taste the same. ;)

Lol, which is the turd?

Quite a coincidence if they are completely unrelated.

Not saying either is a turd but people get so hung up on this LOW clone thing they think because they have some similar outside appearance then they must be the exact same all the way through when they aren't. Different companies spec differently.

Not saying either is a turd but people get so hung up on this LOW clone thing they think because they have some similar outside appearance then they must be the exact same all the way through when they aren't. Different companies spec differently
I am deeply uninformed, but very curious so I thought there would be a distinction between LOW builds to company spec, like tons of scopes and the more cloneish Cronus, RS.4, Stryker, Tract 4.5-30? So I was firstly wondering if this was going to be a second iteration of the 4.5-30 and if it is, I wondered what the differentiation for Element would be? Moreso because there is another 4-25x50 with tons of elevation also floating around South Africa.

I am deeply uninformed, but very curious so I thought there would be a distinction between LOW builds to company spec, like tons of scopes and the more cloneish Cronus, RS.4, Stryker, Tract 4.5-30? So I was firstly wondering if this was going to be a second iteration of the 4.5-30 and if it is, I wondered what the differentiation for Element would be? Moreso because there is another 4-25x50 with tons of elevation also floating around South Africa.

Get some hands on one or speak to someone who has used that scope. Just don't assume that similar lineage means they are the same and you can look at what a Tract or Zeiss is doing and it will be the same for the Element.

You can buy the Sam’s Choice brand, or you can buy the Zeiss. 9/10 times the name brand item tastes better. In other words, I highly doubt the house brand It’s going to be the same as, or equal to, the premium brand.

Just something to think about.

Reactions: leendertp
Get some hands on one or speak to someone who has used that scope. Just don't assume that similar lineage means they are the same and you can look at what a Tract or Zeiss is doing and it will be the same for the Element.
I won't assume anything so I thought I'd ask if anyone knew anything more other than the long list of coincidental specs.

You can buy the Sam’s Choice brand, or you can buy the Zeiss. 9/10 times the name brand item tastes better. In other words, I highly doubt the house brand It’s going to be the same as, or equal to, the premium brand.
This was sort of my second point, not sure why anyone would get anything other than the Zeiss. I am not sure how they could differentiate themselves when the prices are so similar.

I have two S3's coming, thanks to you and others here so its not relevant from a consumer perspective to me, just general curiosity.

Reactions: Rob01 and FuhQ

I've seen it. Mechanically on the inside, it is likely to be very similar to Zeiss S3 and Tract. Likely to be very similar optically as well, given that I have seen all three, but have not done a thorough test.

The turrets are unique to all three brands, of course. The turrets on the Element are proprietary to them and operate similarly to the ones on the Theos.

Turret preferences are in the eye of the beholder, but I do really like the turret in the Theos and I would expect this one to be comparable. That would probably make these my favourite turret of the 4-25x50 bunch, but I'll reserve judgement until I can examine production model.

For what it's worth, I also have a version of this same design from another manufacturer on hand, this one is a hunting oriented version, so it is packaged in a 30mm tube. It looks pretty much the same optically, which is to say it looks quite nice, except it is a touch lighter, has an excellent hunting reticle and yet again different, but very nice turrets.

ILya

I've seen it. Mechanically on the inside, it is likely to be very similar to Zeiss S3 and Tract. Likely to be very similar optically as well, given that I have seen all three, but have not done a thorough test.

The turrets are unique to all three brands, of course. The turrets on the Element are proprietary to them and operate similarly to the ones on the Theos.

Turret preferences are in the eye of the beholder, but I do really like the turret in the Theos and I would expect this one to be comparable. That would probably make these my favourite turret of the 4-25x50 bunch, but I'll reserve judgement until I can examine production model.

For what it's worth, I also have a version of this same design from another manufacturer on hand, this one is a hunting oriented version, so it is packaged in a 30mm tube. It looks pretty much the same optically, which is to say it looks quite nice, except it is a touch lighter, has an excellent hunting reticle and yet again different, but very nice turrets.

ILya

Likely or is the same? Just wondering myself. You know as well as anyone can't really assume when it comes to the spec scopes on internals or glass. Be good if you could find out. I wish Tract would change up their knobs to not have to raise as high to unlock. Only thing I didn;t like about the ELR 5-30.

Likely or is the same? Just wondering myself. You know as well as anyone can't really assume when it comes to the spec scopes on internals or glass. Be good if you could find out. I wish Tract would change up their knobs to not have to raise as high to unlock. Only thing I didn;t like about the ELR 5-30.

Companies never confirm this kind of stuff and I am not inclined to take a bunch of scopes apart to verify. You can call this a very educated guess.
I'd be shocked if there is any difference in the internal mechanics. I'd be shocked if there were any differences in the erector system. There might be differences in a couple of the objective because Tract insists on sourcing lenses from Schott. There might be a difference in the eyepiece because these are easy to change out and different companies require different eyerelief.

If you look at the specs of these scopes and notice that eyerelief and FOV are essentially the same, it is a safe bet that most of the differences are with turrets and reticles.

I think Tract allows for a little more elevation adjustment, although there will be more image degradation at the very edges of that.

The big question is going to be whether Zeiss S3 at $2300 is worth the extra $800 over the very similar Tract Toric at $1500 (not sure yet where the price of the Element version is going to fall).

That is going to drive the further examination of what that difference really is to justify the price difference.

ILya

Companies never confirm this kind of stuff and I am not inclined to take a bunch of scopes apart to verify. You can call this a very educated guess.
I'd be shocked if there is any difference in the internal mechanics. I'd be shocked if there were any differences in the erector system. There might be differences in a couple of the objective because Tract insists on sourcing lenses from Schott. There might be a difference in the eyepiece because these are easy to change out and different companies require different eyerelief.

If you look at the specs of these scopes and notice that eyerelief and FOV are essentially the same, it is a safe bet that most of the differences are with turrets and reticles.

I think Tract allows for a little more elevation adjustment, although there will be more image degradation at the very edges of that.

The big question is going to be whether Zeiss S3 at $2300 is worth the extra $800 over the very similar Tract Toric at $1500 (not sure yet where the price of the Element version is going to fall).

That is going to drive the further examination of what that difference really is to justify the price difference.

ILya
The new nexus is at R44000 where the old was at about R30000 so around $2200 is a safeish bet.

ILya

Wasn’t sure if you had any inside info, pun intended, being deeper in the loop than most. The specs are close and the Tract glass coming from Shott is one of those differences but the small differences may or may not make any differences. The Tract at $800 less is an interesting proposal and honestly the knobs are the only reason I don’t pick up one to try out. If I get my Steiner sold who knows I just might. Lol

Just confirmed with Element:

We are very proud to announce our new Element Optics NEXUS GEN II 4-25x50
This scope is an upgrade to our already existing Nexus series.

The Nexus gen 1 is still going to be available and will NOT be replaced by the Nexus Gen II in the near future.

The launch date is set to be JULY 21 2023.

The NEXUS GEN II is now shipping

Main features:

• Unique 100% toolless turret system with built in zero stop and revolution indicator. (Same as Theos)
  • Comes with included aperture ring, sunshade, throw lever and thread protector & Neoprene cover.
  • Push button illumination.
  • Minimum parallax 10 meters.
  • Made in Japan.
Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, to get one on order as we placed our order with Element this morning.

Is this the hunting model they are planning? @koshkin
Screenshot_20230721-170150.png

30mm tube with a 56mm objective?

I’m an Element dealer and have a couple of these Nexus gen II’s coming soon. Looking forward to checking them out. I absolutely love the Theos.

Reactions: Scopeye
Yeah I'm seriously considering the S3. Was just waiting to see what the other options were.
It is a tradeoff between weight and adjustment range. 29mrad and 30 ounces for Nexus vs 46mrad and 36 ounces for S3.
Tract is 47mrad and 39ounces.

For rimfire ELR, S3 or Tract is definitely better.
For a crossover or general purpose center-fire, I'd probably lean toward the lighter Nexus.

ILya

Both Gen I and Gen II Nexus scopes are 50mm objectives and 30mm tubes. Attached reticle choices in Mil.

Attachments

• APR-1C.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • APR-2D.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I have 2 Element scopes, a Titan and Theos.
Both are 34mm tubes and I have to say I am impressed with them.
Compared to my 2 March, 1 Zeiss, 1 Swaro they are great scopes for the money.
Nice glass and are really tough, dropped a Element onto concrete, onto it's turrets mid comp from a standing position...don't ask!
I have seen S&B's and Nightforce's and others come apart on lees falls, but it was fine apart from looking like my mother in laws face!
Lucky maybe?
I would recommend a Element, no real track record but neither did any brand in their beginnings.

I’ve still got the Nexus I picked up for my PCP when they first came out. Still like it, I’m a little jealous of the new turrets but not enough to upgrade.

Any update on this gen2 nexus? Considering one of these for a lighter general purpose 6.5cm rifle. I'm a vortex fan (two gen3 6x36 and one gen2 4.5-27). The razors are better suited for competition, so in the 30mm class of scopes for general purpose, this nexus gen 2 checks alot of boxes for people I would assume. Maybe even a better option than the rzr lht and nf nx8?

I’m an Element dealer and have a couple of these Nexus gen II’s coming soon. Looking forward to checking them out. I absolutely love the Theos.
I bought 4 more of the Element Theos 6-36x56 scopes after checking out the first one I bought and compared it side by side to my Vortex Razor Gen 3.

I really like how light the Theos is at 36.5oz around the same weight as an Athlon Ares ETR 4-5-30x56 and Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 and a just hair more than the Athlon BTR Gen 2.

I was totally skeptical at first after being totally unimpressed with the former top of the line Element Nexus 5-20x50 with chromatic aberration on high magnification (it's only a 20x and it's chromatic aberration really bothered me) and their lower end Chinese ones were very underwhelming for the prices they charged and the Chinese Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 and Ares BTR Gen 2 4.5-27x50 I like a heck of a lot better due to their night and day superior glass and turrets.

Now back to the Element Theos, very few scopes give me any WOW FACTOR when I first look through them and the Theos really blew me away and had to compare it to my razor 3 and they were almost neck and neck in sheet optical clarity and brightness and the Theos looked a tad brighter on it's maximum 36x magnification. I then brought out my top of the line USA made (well at least probably assembled in the USA LOL) Leupold SX5 Santiam spotting scope and the image quality was similar believe it or not. Now as a reference, the Leupold Santiam BX5 is clearer than my older $3000 Swarovski ST-80 according to my own eyes when both compared on their upper mid to their maximum magnification 55x vs 60x.

The turrets on the Theos felt better than the Razor 3 and has 12MILs per revolution like my Burris XTR PRO (The Theos literally smokes my Burris XTR Pro and my new Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2) and has a unique proprietary second rotation indicator horizontal side flipping lever to let you know easily at a quick glance you're on the second rotation.

Best of all the Theos has a totally totally totally tool less zero stop you can easily adjust on the fly anytime within only a few seconds or less. It's just like when you adjust your (OTHER BRAND SCOPE) turret to the (0) mark that's it, your zero stop is set too and automatically goes to 0.5 MILs below your zero set with the Theos and assuming the Nexus Gen 2 is the same tool less everything. This Theos scope is totally totally totally the most idiot proof scope that I know of.

I already ordered 4 Burris Signature XTR 34mm rings for them and await their arrival, however I need to buy another set of those Signature XTR 34mm rings since I just ordered another one of these Theos scopes making it 5 of them total (FOR NOW).

It's also night and day clearer than my Tract Toric ELR 4.5-30x50 there's absolutely no comparison right there and it literally smokes that one silly too. They may look similar in color but they are not exactly the same shade of grey.

Customer service at Element Optics first hand experience WAS non existant over the past 2-3 weeks I contacted them to inquire about the Theos HELL I bought 4 anyway even before they acknowledged my non essential existence. They finally contact me TODAY and answered all my tons and tons of warranty questions including their electronics and was assured it's lifetime like the Vortex warranty including their electronics and no proof of purchase receipt needed even if you're the second third or fourth owner they got you covered. I don't thinks they will replace it for a brand spanking new one if you use as a hammer like Vortex would though.

I didn't receive any free scope from Element Optics nor did they even acknowledge my existence until today and after I had already bought my first Theos scope followed by 3 more then one more today paid with my own money and didn't get them for free nor half price like their shills and influencers get to buy them for. I didn't pay full retail for them either and not that stupid to pay full price even though this one might very well be actually worth paying $2799.99 for by the folks more fortunate than me who don't even bother to look and shop around for the best possible prices to buy and only when they have a fantastic sale.

I only speak regarding the Element Optics Theos and would rather buy two more of these Theos over the Nexus Gen 2 even if the Nexus Gen 2 is cheaper. After checking out their 5-20x50 and disappointed the new Gen2 looks like the same size housing and boosted the magnification and made it a 6x over the 4x so I don't want to chance it and rather buy another Nightforce NX8 DEMO 4-32x50 for the same money on sale and no ways the Nexus Gen 2 can equal the Nightforce NX8 period the end Nightforce goes to 32x as a bonus so you ain't maxing it out at 25x like the Nexus Gen 2. JMO though it's a really down to earth educated guess actually owning an NX8 which is also lighter weight compared to the Nexus Gen 2.

It does have totally totally totally tool less zero stop supposedly identical to the Theos layout but I highly doubt the glass is gonna be nearly as good as the much much much cheaper Athlon Ares BTR Gen 2 4.5-27x50 surprisingly still on sale at Walmart online for only $565.49 with free shipping and free returns within 90 days totally totally totally risk free to try one or up to twelve of them for yourself. If you need to order more than twelve they won't let you. I already tried. Need to wait and do another order at a later date or have someone else order more for me. These Athlon Ares BTR Gen 2s are THAT AWESOME (IMHO) having several Theos and majority Ares BTR Gen 2s (but I ly at the current sale price not at their regular $869.99 price and no way do not buy when they go back up to regular prices) I can really be content with these 2 scopes believe it or not and couple of Vortex Razor Gen 3's in case we go to war and I need extremely durable scopes.

Gen 3 Razor has almost as simple almost tool less zero stop like the Theos but has a very fine in between adjustment for ultra fine zero and rezero with a dial in to and one external set screw to stop the stop.

Don't have the Zeiss LRP S3 version but I know it is old fashioned style zeroing with more screws to unscrew compared to the Theos and Razor Gen 3 which are most definitely noticeably modernized by comparison. I told one of my shooting buddies order one to compare to my Theos and Razor Gen 3 but only buy from a risk free returns place like Midway or Optics Planet or Amazon better yet if it's at Walmart online we got a whole 90 days since it's definitely gonna be returned for refund so the next buyers get a DEMO sale for our returns again and again the subsequent buyers should really thank us for this.

I'm really on the fence about buying the Tract Toric ELR 4-25x50 now because the Theos is lighter and no way JOSE the glass would be able to touch the Theos anyway and probably can't touch the Athlon Ares BTR Gen 2 glass either. I already own the top of the line Toric 4.5-30x56 ELR and as stated, the Theos smokes it silly optically and the apparent to your eyeball FOV is ridiculously wider than the Tract Toric ELR, Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2,Ares ETR, Trijicon Tenmile, Meopta Optika 6, Delta Stryker and Titanium and very close to the Razor 3.

DLO Koshkin was right about the Theos and Mike at Panther Hollow said the Theos to his eyes is clearer than his Vortex Razor Gen 3. They are really close in optical superiority and unless you got them both side by side I bet you won't notice the difference.

Buy the Theos and don't look back.

Element Optics should really do a 30 day money back guarantee like how Tract and Arken does since I know most won't even think about returning it once they check one out for themselves and even after comparing it to their G3 Razors.

Last edited:
I have 3 Theos scopes now. Sold my Gen III's. Both are excellent scopes though. Element is a small team, they will get back to you if they miss your call. My sales rep is a busy guy but always gets back to me within 24 hours. The Gen 2 nexus is no slouch and is excellent for a hunting rifle.

I agree with both of those guys above. My Theos seems brighter with more definition to me than the Gen III. Gen III has a bigger field of view though.

Last edited: