• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Elevation turret binding.

RFutch

Yoohoo. I'll make you famous.
Minuteman
  • Sep 28, 2010
    Georgia
    So I have a Weaver Grand Slam Tactical 3-10x40 and the elevation turret is binding intermittently. Yeah yeah I know it’s a cheap scope but it’s been solid for five or six years now. It’s made in Japan and good quality so this still comes as a surprise.

I haven’t run a tracking test yet because I just noticed after I got home from my last range session. When I dial up to 2.5 mils it’s fine but after that it gets extremely stiff. Dial back down and it stays stiff all the way to zero. I have to dial up and down a few times to get it to loosen up. Then it starts all over.

Any ideas to whats going on all of a sudden?

Rings too tight?? Or it needs repair, hey 5 or 6 years of dialing that is doing good.

Well I feel like an idiot. I took the turret off and put it back on and now it’s fine. This is the third time I’ve done this though so I’m not sure why this time is any different.

Maybe the rubber o ring under the screw that holds the turret on was binding?