• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Elite Iron Bipod Experiences?

NateVA

Joke Understander
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Wilmington, NC
In a recent episode of his podcast, Frank spoke at length about what's good and bad in a bipod. He specifically mentioned that the Elite Iron bipod is currently the best of the bunch. Is anyone using an EliteIron Revolution bipod or has any experience with it, how are you liking it? My interest is certainly piqued and I'd love to get more feedback from people who have experience with the product.

I have looked at them also.
I want one...
Unfortunately I don’t understand the difference in models and features or what would work best for me...

I plan on ordering one in the next few weeks. The aluminum one is for rifles up to .338. It comes in 2 styles, panning and non panning. I don't know which I'll order.

I have a panning and non panning both. They are both very good bipods. Make sure to get the normal height not the short one. I like the non panning more on my elr rifle where you generally have more time to setup on target, one less moving part, panning for PRS rig where that is more useful feature. They are great in the fact the quickly go from free rotating to locked solid.

Make sure to practice with setting up height one thing that got me is where barrel is under that apex the first match I ran I was too low and fought position a little so make sure to get height adjusted properly. Only other gripe I have is when legs are retracted it is possible for them to extend if you catch the foot on something that pulls it outward. The design makes it fast to deploy but running it on a tight barricade or prop I learned to pull it off to avoid this happening during a moving stage. If that is your intended use.

Gilly thanks for posting that. I'm going with the aluminum non panning model.

I'm looking for a replacement bipod for the Barrett 99. The factory unit is a cheap POS pinned on and can't be tightened down to prevent cant. Any ideas how to remedy this?

I have a panning and non panning both. They are both very good bipods. Make sure to get the normal height not the short one. I like the non panning more on my elr rifle where you generally have more time to setup on target, one less moving part, panning for PRS rig where that is more useful feature. They are great in the fact the quickly go from free rotating to locked solid.

Make sure to practice with setting up height one thing that got me is where barrel is under that apex the first match I ran I was too low and fought position a little so make sure to get height adjusted properly. Only other gripe I have is when legs are retracted it is possible for them to extend if you catch the foot on something that pulls it outward. The design makes it fast to deploy but running it on a tight barricade or prop I learned to pull it off to avoid this happening during a moving stage. If that is your intended use.
@Gilly
Is it possible to “lock out” the panning feature?

My shooting buddy sent them an Area 419 Arca bipod adapter and they were able to fabricate it to their bipod. It was a one-off, but I'm sure they'll do the same if you buy the part and send it to them.

Non-panning, Aluminum model, normal height.

I have never used a better bipod for prone...The spigot moon t adapter they make for my AI AT is amazing. Still use an ATLAS for the few matches I do as it is more practical.

However, from prone it has no equal IMHO. I've used quite a few bipods as well.