• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Elite Iron bipods

I have been using one for awhile now and really like it. The rotational part is very useful if needed but the main advantage to it is it allows the legs to attach above the barrel centerline and that makes the gun extremely stable. I feel the elite bipod is more stable than an Atlas 5-H.

Really Really like mine...as Bravo mentioned the rifle weight below the tripod apex is huge for stability.

Because I do a lot in mountainous terrain the rotational aspect is huge. I can setup on a significant slope and rotate to the correct angle easily without having to adjust one leg longer or shorter than the other.

The deal about the bipod upside down on rocks/trees for an adaptive shooting solution really does work for me.

Also there is the small benefit of working on the rifle at any angle including upside down

Bought one for my 338LM and absolutely love it. Liked it so much bought adapters for my other rifles. Provides very steady holds with heavy rifles and provided much better recoil management.

The Elite Iron works and works well.

It also helps us with the new students to keep them canting the rifle as they lock it and it holds them better than most.

We use them a lot in classes, in our Alaska Class Marc up there gets most students to buy them and zero regrets doing it that way

It also helps us with the new students to keep them canting the rifle as they lock it and it holds them better than most.

We use them a lot in classes, in our Alaska Class Marc up there gets most students to buy them and zero regrets doing it that way

I'm ready to pick up a bipod and was looking at the Elite along with the Accu-Tac, both new to me coming from a Harris BRMS and an Atlas PSR. What do you think of stability based off your broad knowledge between all of them?

Super stable but QD feature not good. Need a tool to poke it out. I filed or dremeled it down.

Also, not good with short barrels and suppressors.

AI AX 16” 308, also works with my 20” 338L BBL on AXMC no problem

A69D4B73-0275-4028-B68D-6DD85BC7C878.jpeg
0E9E17CB-40A8-4C9E-BC6A-3534DF1F7A4D.jpeg

I have the non panning aluminum, it is lighter - but speaking to the owner he told me the steel model is primarily for the big Cheytacs/50’s etc and the alloy model is plenty strong for my AXMC. I didn’t want to to pan so bout the standard model.

That looks really nice. How is the spigot mount? The ATLAS constantly requires tightening. Is there a lot of play? Do you miss the pan functionality of the ATLAS?
Didn’t want to pan - don’t miss it a lick - actually glad to not have it - I line up more consistently - this you tighten once and done. Zero play. I have the standard pic rail mount, 2 screws and on another pic rail rifle in 30 seconds. I don’t miss the QD at all.
23ACF64C-9CA0-4D52-9DDC-31F6C158F1BC.jpeg

On the larger AXMC

Best bipod I have. Elite iron in aluminum???

Attachments

• 87AD8ED6-5EAF-4FEC-8341-A5C0307A2FB6.jpeg
    87AD8ED6-5EAF-4FEC-8341-A5C0307A2FB6.jpeg
    789.4 KB · Views: 366
  • 97CF4CC8-CCA9-49DA-A4FA-935897CC2B17.jpeg
    97CF4CC8-CCA9-49DA-A4FA-935897CC2B17.jpeg
    497 KB · Views: 360
  • E3D16845-7ECD-4B66-9B3F-84FC7C55593D.jpeg
    E3D16845-7ECD-4B66-9B3F-84FC7C55593D.jpeg
    397.6 KB · Views: 335
  • AD17E693-F113-4036-B64C-F7DA52FF9FB2.jpeg
    AD17E693-F113-4036-B64C-F7DA52FF9FB2.jpeg
    561.2 KB · Views: 328
  • Love
Reactions: kgall005
Hmm no pic on me but it doesn't like my AXMC 300wm 20" barrel combo

This will be the next bipod I purchase. The problem is I am in Canada and they will not ship me one here. Does anyone know where I could go to get one shipped to me?

Marc Taylor turned me on to the EI bipods 2 years ago at the Precision Rifle class Frank and he put on in Alaska. Been using it ever since. When I saw how easy it was for him to keep on glass with the recoil of 338LM, I had to have one. Wasn't aware of the aluminum model, will definitely pick one of those up to compare.

Used mine in PR1 again the next year and when I shot my bison with my 338LM up in the Alaskan interior. Great product.

Attachments

• 19275196_1933221250277154_9148249204851851129_n.jpg
    19275196_1933221250277154_9148249204851851129_n.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_2739.JPG
    IMG_2739.JPG
    914.7 KB · Views: 309
Originally put on my 338LM prior to attending Gunsite XLR class last September and was so impressed with it bought adapters for most of my rifles. McM TAC300 and 338LM shown below.

IMG_1222.JPG
IMG_1138.JPG

Reactions: deersniper
Would any of you fine gentlemen opt for the short leg variant, now that it is available? Im especially keen to hear from the AXMC owners.

Reactions: deersniper
I have the panning aluminum version. I like everything about it except the panning aspect. I intend to get a non panning version shortly.

I don't have an AX, but on the guns I have tried it with (Fix, GAP/Mcmillian Stock, Knight's) I found that I needed more of the leg than I thought I would. However, these bipods are fairly heavy, and I will likely try the shorter leg model anyway.

Also, take a look at the bipod from RPS, in Norway. For my AI and Blaser, that is my favorite bipod. Also, if you think $600 is expensive, take a look at their ti model:)

Ill have a look for sure. Im well on the side of the fence of "you get what you pay for". Sure if something is expensive, its worth researching properly, but I cant wrap my head around the amount of people who would have the money to drop on a precision rifle, only to argue about the price of a quality bipod, which is being utilised to employ said rifle to its fullest! Another discussion for a different thread.

Could you elaborate on why the panning feature wasnt helpful? Are you hunting with it or bashing steel?

Cheers

On the model I have, you can't lock out the pan. I was told you can, but it doesn't seem to be the case. I don't generally pan on movers, as you lose your good position when you do. If I am not perfect behind the rifle, the panning feature starts to let the bipod walk on me. I guess you could look at is as a good training feature, but it drives me nuts.

I would hunt with it, but it adds enough weight that I don't find it useful for the field. I don't believe in LR hunting, so I value a handy rifle, that works better from various field positions. Adding 24 some odd ounces to the front of the gun doesn't help. I often use my backpack as a field rest, but on big game, I can loop up very quickly with the slings I prefer, and keep my shots in the vitals of a game animal without drama. Saves me a lot of weight.

As a range bipod, which is what i use it for, it is excellent. The RPS is at least as good, but it is definitely less versatile, and the mounting options are more limited.

Thanks for sharing your experience, it is hard to make a decision on these things without sitting behind your own setup with the full selection to test and try out.

Thanks for sharing your experience, it is hard to make a decision on these things without sitting behind your own setup with the full selection to test and try out.
I know exactly how you feel. If you're in the midwest (big area, I know) you're welcome to try it out.

I know exactly how you feel. If you're in the midwest (big area, I know) you're welcome to try it out.

I really appreciate the offer, im afraid im several continents away!

I am definitely keen on the Revolution. The apex positioning for stability is my #1 driving influence, im trying to make sure I can learn to use it for all other intended applications. I fully understand the line drawn in the sand between different products for different applications (as pointed out by SHlowlight in his video). Really, the only way to get around the "mission specific" aspect, is to own 2-3 different bipods.

I will say, the guys at Elite are great guys and easy to work with. For me, buying an American made product is always worth more, especially when the company is good to go. Probably doesn't apply to you (being several continents away), but I doubt you'll be unhappy with it. From a shooting standpoint, it basically handles like a TRG bipod (the RPS as well), but with a higher apex and the rotational feature. Very high quality as well.

What's the best way to get one of these bipods onto an AIAT?

A spigot or perhaps one of samb300's spigot replacement front pic rails?

What's the best way to get one of these bipods onto an AIAT?

A spigot or perhaps one of samb300's spigot replacement front pic rails?

Call EI. They make a spigot rail adapter. The newer gen AT spigots are apparently a different size, but they made me a piece that fit my rifle after the initial one was too loose, so discuss when your rifle was made with them. I think it was Dan that I talked to, but they are super easy to work with.

Can some one please measure the inside diameter of thier Elite Iron bipod? I have an AR338 tank brake and need to know if it will fit through for mounting.

Can some one please measure the inside diameter of thier Elite Iron bipod? I have an AR338 tank brake and need to know if it will fit through for mounting.

Wife took for me (not at home), but hopefully it’s an accurate measurement.

27BDC660-6847-48CD-9737-208FF7937742.jpeg

Reactions: Aceteck
That is outstanding! Tank you. Kudos for your wife too. My wife has no idea what a dial caliper even is, much less how to use it.

I know this is an old thread but I am also interested in an elite iron for my AI A/T. Yetisam how did yours turn out after the new spigot mount? Nice and tight? Also a pic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

And if I may add another question... I’ve got an XLR Evo chassis and a TBAC can with only about 1.5” of barrel sticking out between the end of the rail and the back of the can. Is the “circle” on this bipod big anough to fit around the can? I’ve seen where the ID is ~2” but I don’t think it’s centered on the same axis as the barrel.

You can order this bipod with different lengths of what I would call off set, from where the bipod attaches to the rifle and the ring........

Can it be adapted to the Barrett 99?

I've had limited experience with both along with an LRA f class and I like the elite iron better. Main reason I didn't go with the Elite iron is because it won't work with the short barrels in a desert tech because of the brake at the end of the handguard.