• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Elite Iron revolution Arca mount

Hi,

I was discussing it a couple weeks ago in particularly of needing one.
You found one?

Sincerely,
Theis
Thought I read someone made a run of them

seems like something someone could make lol. Someone that can make guns should be simple

Best I could find is something like Area 419 who makes a piece of pic rail that attaches to their ARCA clamp. ARCA to the gun, pic to the bipod.

My only hesitation is not knowing how thick it is and hence the distance from clamp to barrel that EI needs for determining which adapter to use.

Why they do not make an ARCA native adapter is beyond my understanding.

1628021764297.png

Reactions: deersniper
Help an old idiot out, please. So this is an EI mount that will screw onto an Area 419 ARCA clamp using the BT hole pattern (well, maybe more than BT but the 419 clamp is compatible w BT hole pattern, right?)? Is what I’m seeing?

I’m w @THEIS and would be very interested in if/when they will release this product. I’m about to pull the trigger on a new bipod and lack of easy ARCA mount has made me shy away from EI so far. This is changed things if it’s available.

cheers

Reactions: deersniper
If he's using the Area419 that would fit the atlas, I'm sure you can Buy RRS or any other dovetail mount for it that would work in an Atlas.

I would assume you would take measurements just like below but with your Dovetail mount on the forend, and hit him up via email. Give him actual measurements, not just standard, medium, high etc

Pick-Rail-Measure.jpg

Reactions: Baron23
with the RRS solution you would be able to mount the bipod on picatinny also. With qd

6365259B-9B15-4AD3-81A5-6F0E55008BA1.png

edit. The lever might cause clearance issues. Might have to get the screw style

If he's using the Area419 that would fit the atlas, I'm sure you can Buy RRS or any other dovetail mount for it that would work in an Atlas.

I would assume you would take measurements just like below but with your Dovetail mount on the forend, and hit him up via email. Give him actual measurements, not just standard, medium, high etc

Pick-Rail-Measure.jpg
Thanks man…but do you know if he’s actually selling this ARCA clamp compatible mount at this time or ????

with the RRS solution you would be able to mount the bipod on picatinny also. With qd

View attachment 7679728

Absolutely. And the Area 419 clamp also accommodates a short length of pic rail in an identical manner.

but I would rather not have adapter on adapter and it increases the height that the mount needs to accommodate.

To my mind (rotting cesspool that it is), the mount that bolts direct to ARCA clamp is the way to go if he’s selling them.

Awesome....really perfect.....

Some limitations from looking at this picture:

1) cannot slide the Bipod back over the handguard
2) cannot quick detach the bipod
3) likely to slide when loose

Untitled Image-6.png

1) cannot slide the Bipod back over the handguard
Ah, no...but why would you want to? I have JAE chassis and the ARCA rail extends 2" past the end of the fore arm and that's where I want my bipod so for me, at least, I don't see the issue.

cannot quick detach the bipod
Ah...why not. Yes, since its an EI with a ring circling the barrel, it has to go forward over the end of the muzzle to come off entirely, but as far as quick release (versus pic rail bolts), just loosen the 419 ARCA clamp and slide it off. But no, you can't just drop if off the rail....but that's endemic to all EI bipods (which all use this ring mount) and not something related to an ARCA mount implementation that we have been talking about.

3) likely to slide when loose
Well, yeah...."when loose" So, don't loosen it. I have a BT CAL on my gun now with an Area 419 ARCA clamp (without the 419 ARCA Lock pins...just a plain dovetail clamp) and it has never come lose on its own. Not even close. I imagine that RRS clamp is the same or better so I don't see this as an issue, based on my experience.

Cheers

View attachment 7679728

When I talked to RRS they don’t have a screw style clamp that mates with their CA-R 50 pic rail.

But what clearance issues are you talking about? I don’t see any.

I spoke with Dale from Elite Iron today and they do indeed now offer mounts with hole pattern to allow an ARCA clamp to be attached. Think Area 419 or RRS clamps....same hole pattern as provided by BT on their Atlas bipods (is this standard sort of???....I know that not all ARCA clamps come with this two hole pattern??).

Dale said it was not up on their website yet as that site is being overhauled but if you call them, they can help you out.

I just need to wait for another Amex billing cycle! haha

Ho
I spoke with Dale from Elite Iron today and they do indeed now offer mounts with hole pattern to allow an ARCA clamp to be attached. Think Area 419 or RRS clamps....same hole pattern as provided by BT on their Atlas bipods (is this standard sort of???....I know that not all ARCA clamps come with this two hole pattern??).

Dale said it was not up on their website yet as that site is being overhauled but if you call them, they can help you out.

I just need to wait for another Amex billing cycle! haha
How much that be ?

A standard hole pattern now seems to be called "arms 17s", originally from early ARMSs mounts, then popularized by Atlas, then picked up by RRS, area 419 and others. If Elite Iron is now using this as well, with "arms 17s" hole pattern, you can run and clamp you like, eg PIC 1913 rail like ADM QR, or RRS/ARCA clamp either by RRS or area 419 etc.... provided there is clearnce of course...but it doesn't lock you into a single attachment in case one is ultimately preferred or your needs change over life of the product...so thats a smart move by Elite Iron IMHO if true. (y)

I recently received an Elite Iron bipod with an ARCA mount. And yes, it comes with ARMS 17s hole pattern and I just screwed a 419 clamp on it.

Just take the same measurements you would for a pic mount and call them to order as they still don't show it on their website.

Its easy peasy but it may take 3-4 weeks if you need a custom mount (and I did with a JAE chassis...they just didn't have in stock anything tall enough for JAE with M24 barrel)

EI was fine to deal with...it seems like they are perhaps a smaller outfit....but very friendly, answered all of my questions, and the device arrived and works perfectly.

So, if you want an EI bipod on an ARCA, take your simple measurements and give them a call.

Oh, now...at 69 closing in on 70 with a bad back...I'm not a competitive shooter. I like the EI bipod for its stability and function, but I suspect you don't see too many of them in PRS type matches as it doesn't seem to be the easiest/fastest to deploy or adjust.

I may well be wrong about that and would love to hear from competition shooters on that score. I also have an Atlas CALS and it seems much easier to quickly deploy...but as said, I don't have any rifle match experience.

Cheers

Reactions: ma smith
I recently received an Elite Iron bipod with an ARCA mount. And yes, it comes with ARMS 17s hole pattern and I just screwed a 419 clamp on it.

Just take the same measurements you would for a pic mount and call them to order as they still don't show it on their website.

Its easy peasy but it may take 3-4 weeks if you need a custom mount (and I did with a JAE chassis...they just didn't have in stock anything tall enough for JAE with M24 barrel)

EI was fine to deal with...it seems like they are perhaps a smaller outfit....but very friendly, answered all of my questions, and the device arrived and works perfectly.

So, if you want an EI bipod on an ARCA, take your simple measurements and give them a call.

Oh, now...at 69 closing in on 70 with a bad back...I'm not a competitive shooter. I like the EI bipod for its stability and function, but I suspect you don't see too many of them in PRS type matches as it doesn't seem to be the easiest/fastest to deploy or adjust.

I may well be wrong about that and would love to hear from competition shooters on that score. I also have an Atlas CALS and it seems much easier to quickly deploy...but as said, I don't have any rifle match experience.

Cheers

Baron, how would you describe the cant of this bipod? I have an Atlas CAL Gen2 with the cant and lock lever so the cant is adjustable. I gather the EI has a screw that will adjust this but I wondered if it's responsive such that you can adjust the cant to be stiff without being completely locked out. I wouldn't plan on leaving the cant adjustment loose at all, would rather have it requiring a bit of force in order to cant left or right. Appreciative for your take.

Baron, how would you describe the cant of this bipod? I have an Atlas CAL Gen2 with the cant and lock lever so the cant is adjustable. I gather the EI has a screw that will adjust this but I wondered if it's responsive such that you can adjust the cant to be stiff without being completely locked out. I wouldn't plan on leaving the cant adjustment loose at all, would rather have it requiring a bit of force in order to cant left or right. Appreciative for your take.
I own an EI, LRA, and a couple of Atlases. The EI has by far the best cant control. You can absolutely lock it off completely and it also has fantastic fine control. Cant control: EI > LRA > Atlas.

I own an EI, LRA, and a couple of Atlases. The EI has by far the best cant control. You can absolutely lock it off completely and it also has fantastic fine control. Cant control: EI > LRA > Atlas.
I should note a few things about the EI that it would've been good to know about before I bought it. Know that I am not a prone shooter. I shoot prairie dogs from a bench and shoot at the range.
  • The pic rail version is quite slow to mount/dismount. Using hex keys was a bigger hassle than I thought it would be. I think the owner of EI expects it to be semi-permanently mounted, as a segment of his clientele seems to be military.
  • RE: semi-perm mounted…The panning version, which I have, is quite the crazy-legs contraption when left on the gun. It has no panning lockoff, so when folded up it spins around the barrel and twists. If you lock off the spinning it still twists. Thus, it will scratch the ever-living shit out of whatever is under the feet. I use a red pool noodle over the barrel to protect it when in transit, which makes me very gay.
    • I am unsure how the fixed version would be in this regard. The (awesome) feet are sorta duck-shaped and large-ish, which is good for all sorts of surfaces. But with the springiness of the legs and depending on the clearance, I could see some scratching to a fat suppressor, but nowhere near the level of the panner. This whole scratching thing is either retarded to consider or important, it's all up to you.
  • The legs are made so you only have to pull them to lengthen, and push a lever to retract. When you pull the gun out of the case with the bipod attached, inevitably the legs catch and extend (see "duck feet"). This can happen when you are carrying the rifle around, too. People in a hurry probably like this feature.
  • The aluminum version has semi-aggressive nubs lining the legs. If I order a fixed version, I would get the steel one as it has smooth legs and now I am a pussy.
So, if I had to do it over, I think I'd go fixed, arca, steel. YMMV.

Haven't used my EI much as it only fits on two of my rifles and I discovered that a huge heavy sandbag stabilizes my portable/light shooting bench better than a lightweight bipod because of the fierce, ever-blowing wind. But if your prone or at a static bench the panning ability would really nice for movers. So, it winds up I use bipods at the range only instead of carrying a heavy sandbag or heavy front rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: pingunit
Its wonderful and in fact I like it far more than the cant adjustment on my CAL which seems to always get progressively looser and not allowing me to tighten it to the fairly firm feel I like. With that said, on the CAL, if you remove the pod lok lever (just unscrew it) there is a nut under there that you can put a socket on and tighten a bit. This, in turn, tightens the max tension I can get on it.

But the EI can be adjusted to any degree of tension, IMO, easier than my CAL (or the PRS I had before) and is quite easy to lock down completely.

I'm happy with the EI and I'm glad I bought it but I do like the CAL also and, as said, the CAL seems faster to deploy if you are on the clock. The EI has notches in the legs where there they will lock when extended. I did find myself counting one side vs the other to get them even as its not as clear to my eyes as the CAL. But my friend @GBMaryland twigged me on to an idea of getting oil paint pens and coloring the notches with them. I think it was an 8 pack..but one of them is black and since the bipod is black this was not useful. Also, no need to color in the first notch...just leave that black. Now its quite easy to extend both legs rather quickly and have them even if so desired.

I did get a number of different feet that they offer for the EI but I'm pretty much finding that the hard rubber ones it comes with standard are quite grippy on a wide variety of surfaces and of course will slip right under the webbing on your shooting mat so as take the slack out.

They are not cheap...but (sigh), what is in this hobby! haha

Hope this is minimally helpful.

Reactions: pingunit
The pic rail version is quite slow to mount/dismount. Using hex keys was a bigger hassle than I thought it would be. I think the owner of EI expects it to be semi-permanently mounted, as a segment of his clientele seems to be military.
You can't get it without any clamp and just put an RRS or Area 419 (or any other you like) QD pic clamp on it. The clamp they send with it...its welded onto the mount???

They do say: "Elite Iron offers the ARCA mount compatible with the 419 or RRS clamps. (Clamp not included.)" but no mention of diff pic clamp?????

I would bet that if asked they would make you a mount with the ARMS 17S hole pattern and just put the clamp of your choice on it. I have the RRS PIC/ARCA clamp (SC-ARC they call it, I think??)

f I order a fixed version, I would get the steel one as it has smooth legs and now I am a gay retarded pussy.
Ah...I think its only the 50 cal steel one with smooth upper legs. The regular standard steel one has the notched upper legs like my aluminum (no pan...fucking hate panning, personally! haha).

1674601852546.png

You can't get it without any clamp and just put an RRS or Area 419 (or any other you like) QD pic clamp on it. The clamp they send with it...its welded onto the mount???

They do say: "Elite Iron offers the ARCA mount compatible with the 419 or RRS clamps. (Clamp not included.)" but no mention of diff pic clamp?????
The regular pic clamp on mine is pictured below on the three right loose mounts on the table. It is indeed welded onto the inner circle assembly.

1674602132598.png

The Arca mount wasn't on there last time I checked, but it's there today. It has that standard 17s interface…I suppose there's other pic mounts like the ADM one would fit that too.

1674602449592.png

Ah...I think its only the 50 cal steel one with smooth upper legs. The regular standard steel one has the notched upper legs like my aluminum (no pan...fucking hate panning, personally! haha).
Yeah, I could see the panning ability to be great for DMR or varmint hunting. But for target shooting? Naw.

I just had some cataract surgery today, so I'm a bit out of it. Noticed in my earlier reply to you I sort of just said what you already said lol. Whoops.

The regular pic clamp on mine is pictured below on the three right loose mounts on the table. It is indeed welded onto the inner circle assembly.

View attachment 8056699

The Arca mount wasn't on there last time I checked, but it's there today. It has that standard 17s interface…I suppose there's other pic mounts like the ADM one would fit that too.

View attachment 8056702
Ah...I sort of see...but how the fuck do the standard pic ones it clamp. It looks like its solid steel? Maybe the pic doesn't show it. There are screws and a sliding part to clamp...maybe on the other side than shown in the pic?

And too funny....I didn't even notice those mount pics ^^ being added. Frankly, I think they should make them all this way (the "ARCA" type) and let the customer choose their own clamp of whatever type they want...either provided from EI or bought separately as I did with the one I put on ARCA rails.

I don't immediately see the sense of doing it otherwise.

Cheers

Reactions: carbonbased
Ah...I sort of see...but how the fuck do the standard pic ones it clamp. It looks like its solid steel? Maybe the pic doesn't show it. There are screws and a sliding part to clamp...maybe on the other side than shown in the pic?

And too funny....I didn't even notice those mount pics ^^ being added. Frankly, I think they should make them all this way (the "ARCA" type) and let the customer choose their own clamp of whatever type they want...either provided from EI or bought separately as I did with the one I put on ARCA rails.

I don't immediately see the sense of doing it otherwise.

Cheers
The regular/standard pic rails don't "clamp" the way the ADM or Arca clamps do. There's two set screws on the bottom. You first have to slide the mount over your pic rail, making sure the set screws are backed out. Then, the screws just screw against your pic rail. Rudimentary but seems very solid. Just cumbersome to do a lot. Really seems like a "set it and forget it" system.

Reactions: Baron23
The regular/standard pic rails don't "clamp" the way the ADM or Arca clamps do. There's two set screws on the bottom. You first have to slide the mount over your pic rail, making sure the set screws are backed out. Then, the screws just screw against your pic rail. Rudimentary but seems very solid. Just cumbersome to do a lot. Really seems like a "set it and forget it" system.
Yeah, the "ARCA" type seems much better than that...and just screw the clamp of your choice on it...ARCA, PIC, or both like the RRS SC-ARC.

Cheers

Yeah, the "ARCA" type seems much better than that...and just screw the clamp of your choice on it...ARCA, PIC, or both like the RRS SC-ARC.

Cheers
Yep, if they would've had the arca when I got mine I would've gone with that.

I think if I retrofit mine by using a series of stacked adapters to accommodate an arca clamp, the end result would bring the circle down too low. The circle thing would no longer be big enough. Hard to explain.

Hard to explain.
No, I get it. For my MTU barrel in a JAE chassis I had to have them make me an "custom" mount with taller riser in it.

Well, if you get sick enough of messing with their rather strange pic clamp, you can always just get an ARCA type (but I still think that should be their standard).

Cheers

I guess this chain answers my question more or less about quick disconnect on these! Thank you!

I fixated on this and connected the area 419 arca clamp and pic rail attachment to the rail on my axsr (having removed the pic rail that was already there) to gain QD functionality. I think this “works” but obviously it may have been even better if I had a bigger EI ring as the clearance is a tad tight. Gonna also post this (or link to this if I can figure out how) in the axsr elite iron chain too

Attachments

• 271B8113-B5A4-4E56-A802-0EBA7EE7F744.jpeg
    271B8113-B5A4-4E56-A802-0EBA7EE7F744.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 59
  • E7A46552-1E88-4915-8FA2-F2EF096D0357.jpeg
    E7A46552-1E88-4915-8FA2-F2EF096D0357.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 13F7A16C-2034-497E-801F-1F2F4746CF0D.jpeg
    13F7A16C-2034-497E-801F-1F2F4746CF0D.jpeg
    540.1 KB · Views: 54