• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Elite Iron Supressor Wraps wait time..........

jfc5t

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2009
Lynchburg, Virginia
So has anyone ordered and received an Elite Iron Suppressor Wrap in Tan or OD green since April? I ordered mine in April and have yet to see it. They said they were waiting on materials from Canada but seriously. Also are there any alternatives to their Wraps? I could have had anther can by now this is ridiculous.

Re: Elite Iron Supressor Wraps wait time..........

Outstanding! Thanks, but I have one question. On the site there was note that said they are not designed for 5.56 rapid fire. Would they catch fire or get damaged if I dumped a 30 rd mag through them?

Ive seen with my own eyes what happens with a TAB used on a M4-1000 and a mag dump........ lets just say the krylon that was on the can turns to dust and just flakes the fuck off.....

It just retains too much heat, and I dont know what kind of damage it might do over time.

We put a thermometer between the can and the wrap, it only went to 275 and got there in a hurry and continued to spin like a helicopter, I thought it was gonna take off......

Ask BookHound about it, he was there that day, or Fro1911nut.

Well I understand what not designed for full auto means. I do not have a full auto rifle. When I talked to Elite Iron I asked how their wraps would hold up and they said that they would be fine with rapid fire with a full magazine. I'm wondering how well the recommended alternative wrap compares to Elite Iron's. I really have no intention of using a my can with rapid fire but I like having the best product I can get.

Hot as the sun with rapid fire. How do you hold the sun?

supressor.jpg

I think a black Elite Wrap will be fine...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
supressor.jpg

</div></div>

Looks like a popsicle on the end...
grin.gif

widget_bzZdOkmWHpPyhzQeE7R5zq.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
supressor.jpg

</div></div>

Are you telling us that there is a Elite Wrap on the suppressor in this picture? Or just saying that an Elite Wrap would be fine on a suppressor at this stage of hot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dudeman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow I just got a call and they have shipped it. </div></div>

You got a call on Sunday night? Thats great CS if true.....

A bit off topic. After looking around, I went with the cover by Bowers Group LLC. It makes a lot more sense to me than a fabric cover.

No the call came on Saturday but I wasn't on the Hide. But there customer service is pretty good even still. They said the reason for the wait was that they outsourced a lot of work to try and give other people some business but they are now thinking its a big mistake.

As for the the Bowers Group LLC, I'm curious now. I had never head of them and I would love to know how well their covers work.

supressor.jpg

</div></div>

I'm very curious too Ninja, is that a picture of a can with an Iron Ridge cover installed?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dudeman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No the call came on Saturday but I wasn't on the Hide. But there customer service is pretty good even still. They said the reason for the wait was that they outsourced a lot of work to try and give other people some business but they are now thinking its a big mistake.

As for the the Bowers Group LLC, I'm curious now. I had never head of them and I would love to know how well their covers work.</div></div>

They're high temperature silicone. Much like those silicone oven mitts you can buy. Some people have suggested using radiator hose, but those don't have vents built in. I went with it over the fabric covers because to me, it makes a lot more sense. Also the fact that they are non-slip, I can imagine fabric can slip around a bit regardless of how snug it is. It also costs less than half of the fabric covers.

Plus their CS is top notch. I can get replies at all hours of the day and even on weekends. I got an email back with a story of a mil vet who had taken one out in with the intent of destroying the cover, and couldn't do it.

That's awesome. It sucks that I already have mine but if it fails in any way I know exactly what to get. And you are right the fabric does slide a bit side to side when threading the can on. Thanks for the input!

My only expirence is with my full auto guns with no covers on the cans. I have a bowers cac9 on my mac10. In that case I have seen the nomex covers so you can hold it while shooting. What purpose do the wraps serve on a boltgun supressor? I know they will get hot and the cover could prevent touching a hot can. Is there some other reason for one besides this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My only expirence is with my full auto guns with no covers on the cans. I have a bowers cac9 on my mac10. In that case I have seen the nomex covers so you can hold it while shooting. What purpose do the wraps serve on a boltgun supressor? I know they will get hot and the cover could prevent touching a hot can. Is there some other reason for one besides this?
</div></div>

Mirage. A scope with a reasonable amount of magnification will suffer "wavy" sight pictures if you get it hot enough. Whether or not it would cause you to miss is subjective. But most people who have thousands put into their rifles, don't like to miss.

supressor.jpg

</div></div>

NOTE TO SELF

Do not look to Ninja for used shooting equiptment,especially a used M4

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrooperBrian</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My only expirence is with my full auto guns with no covers on the cans. I have a bowers cac9 on my mac10. In that case I have seen the nomex covers so you can hold it while shooting. What purpose do the wraps serve on a boltgun supressor? I know they will get hot and the cover could prevent touching a hot can. Is there some other reason for one besides this?
</div></div>

Mirage. A scope with a reasonable amount of magnification will suffer "wavy" sight pictures if you get it hot enough. Whether or not it would cause you to miss is subjective. But most people who have thousands put into their rifles, don't like to miss. </div></div>
Thanks. I did not think of that

That's why I got one. Mirage gets really bad without it.