• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Elk Hunt - Idaho

Sapper524

Yeti
Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2009
US
2epog9u.jpg

dfybd.jpg

was a great week ...

Re: Elk Hunt - Idaho

Congratulations, nice way to start the season off. My elk hunt is in November, I can't wait.

Nice Bull! Did you see/hear any wolves in the area you were hunting.I've seen wolf sign in Pend Oreille county, NE WA state,but havent stumbled across an animal yet.

Rifle = Ruger M77 308 - lots of tune up work

Optics = USO 1.8-10x37 ERGO

Bullet = Hand Load using the 180g SST - recovered the bullet - it did okay - first time i used it - gonna go back to Gamekings though

Story = Glassed him from roughly 2000 yards ... had his herd of ladies all around him and was chillin. Spent about 5 or 6 hours staying down wind and getting into position for a shot. A lot of side hilling and crawling ... they were in a small draw and the wind changed a few times. Ended up takin the shot from about 250 yards. Was a good day - fun hunt. I was lucky enough to get to hunt on private land.

Didn't see any wolves, that was down in central Idaho though. Up here in North Idaho the wolves have destroyed the herds. We get two wolf tags each this year though ...

nice hunt! I'm going for a buck on Monday. I might need to whip that rabbit's foot out!

Hey brother nice Elk. MOtivates me, just got back from Afghanistan (Army) and going to New mexico for my first Elk hunt with my dad. I'm shooting a 308 as well, old school M77 Ruger that was my grandpas.

I was in the 82nd for many years as well....21 years in and still going.

Nice way to start the year