• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ELR 22lr Ammo - Cutting Edge

I got a chance to visit the Cutting Edge booth and learn a bit more. They now sell them in a Pharmaceutical themed kit of bullets and barss (~$80 for 200rnds). The die is extra. They recommend a 1:7 twist for the long spitzer-style bullet but who makes a 1:7 twist RPR or CZ barrel?

I got a chance to visit the Cutting Edge booth and learn a bit more. They now sell them in a Pharmaceutical themed kit of bullets and barss (~$80 for 200rnds). The die is extra. They recommend a 1:7 twist for the long spitzer-style bullet but who makes a 1:7 twist RPR or CZ barrel?

very smart move by them using that packaging configuration..i applaud

used packaging equipment for packaging "capsule" shaped product

can automate the whole process and have perfect "box" counts at the end

The sales pitch (or gimmick) of pills for "projectile dysfunction" in pill containers isn't a new one.

More important, how do these Cutting Edge load-them-yourself rounds perform? . At a cost of $80 for 200 rounds (or $20 per 50) the performancee level needs to be as good or better than that of match .22LR ammo.

About a year ago, Cutting Edge reported that they use CCI-primed casings. Unless that's changed, there's an area for improvement.

The sales pitch (or gimmick) of pills for "projectile dysfunction" in pill containers isn't a new one.

More important, how do these Cutting Edge load-them-yourself rounds perform? . At a cost of $80 for 200 rounds (or $20 per 50) the performancee level needs to be as good or better than that of match .22LR ammo.

About a year ago, Cutting Edge reported that they use CCI-primed casings. Unless that's changed, there's an area for improvement.
while its annoying to buy eley/lapua ammo just to pull the bullet and load solids (throw the lead bullet/powder in the cci case if you want plinking ammo)

40 cents for lapua/eley ammo
40-60 cents for 32-50gr

$1 a round for ELR 22 ammo is about the same price as a 285eldm and doesn't touch the cost of solids

After shooting this 3 shot group (no sighters. No info between shots) at 605y with centerX over the weekend I am really contemplating building a 7 twist barrel to shoot the 42gr and 50gr bullets

Attachments

• 20220402_173402.jpg
    20220402_173402.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Wow
Reactions: spartan67