• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ELR Opportunities in OR?

dbransco

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Just moved to Florence, OR and was looking for extended ranges or locations for some ELR shooting. Any suggestions? At this point, I am open to any suggestions (favorite ranges, pistol, carbine, long rifle, anything 500+) with a couple hour drive. Would also like suggestions on recommended competitions for PRS and ELR.

Thanks!

COSSA in Bend is amazing, but probably more like 3 1/2 hours drive for you. Shooting out to a mile, with 20-something ranges for rifle and pistol. A lot of guys come over the hill once a month for the first weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun) Long Range and Gas Gun competitions ... several bring their trailers and camp there for a few days.

Reactions: dbransco
COSSA in Bend is amazing, but probably more like 3 1/2 hours drive for you. Shooting out to a mile, with 20-something ranges for rifle and pistol. A lot of guys come over the hill once a month for the first weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun) Long Range and Gas Gun competitions ... several bring their trailers and camp there for a few days.

Having spent many summers with family in and around Bend growing up, I'd think you'd have ample BLM opportunities within an easy drive of you.

Having spent many summers with family in and around Bend growing up, I'd think you'd have ample BLM opportunities within an easy drive of you.
BLM is fine for plinking ... but not a lot of BLM areas with steel targets every 100-yards out to a mile, or sight-in ranges with wood to staple targets to at 25-50-100-and-200 yards. The question was "ELR Ranges" ... BLM isn't a great answer for that question.

Just moved to Florence, OR and was looking for extended ranges or locations for some ELR shooting. Any suggestions? At this point, I am open to any suggestions (favorite ranges, pistol, carbine, long rifle, anything 500+) with a couple hour drive. Would also like suggestions on recommended competitions for PRS and ELR.

Thanks!
I just moved to Bandon , let me know I’m looking as well.. I heard there is a bunch in Elliot state forest but haven’t had a chance to scope it out

Reactions: dbransco
Not specific to Oregon...

I live in Idaho. LOTS of public land. Distances beyond my capability are possible. I shoot LOTS of rocks, mostly in the canyons. The really cool thing about shooting rocks is you don't have to go downrange to set them up, make sure they are painted and pointed in the right direction, you get random distances and target sizes to practice on AND you don't have to go back downrange to retrieve them.