• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Elr scopes.....$1500

Schw15

Longrange
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2019
    Colorado
    I have a athlon cronus and had other scopes steiner m5 vortex ares etr ect. I shoot to 2000 yards and planning on doing the nf steel challenge. Between athlon cronus bushnell xrs ii or similar scopes what are you guys running and liking the best? I like my cronus alot but dont want the floating cross anymore

Unless you are set on a FFP scope take a hard look at the Vortex Golden Eagle.....I was a Athlon Whore and recently sprung for a Vortex GE (with bonus money from my employer) and I'm stunned. The Athlon is going on my M4. Love it but the glass on the Vortex is making the difference.

VooDoo

Reactions: Ash$$
    I'd go G3 over the Tremor, personally. Never really been a fan of the T2/3 reticles.
    Same.

I personally like the floating cross on the Cronus.

Unless you are set on a FFP scope take a hard look at the Vortex Golden Eagle.....I was a Athlon Whore and recently sprung for a Vortex GE (with bonus money from my employer) and I'm stunned. The Athlon is going on my M4. Love it but the glass on the Vortex is making the difference.

VooDoo
    Golden eagle has a tragic amount of available elevation.

Reactions: Hardshot
    I'd go G3 over the Tremor, personally. Never really been a fan of the T2/3 reticles.
    Never used the G3. Looks good, definitely less busy. I don’t really use illumination much but nice to know you have it and I do prefer the whole tree illuminate like it does. I prefer my MPCT3. Definitely personal preference. 🍻

Same.

I personally like the floating cross on the Cronus.

Golden eagle has a tragic amount of available elevation.
    Yeah i might be peeing in the wind replacing the scope. I took the cross because i use it hunting and target

I've tried just about everything in that price range and still prefer the Delta Stryker to all of them.

Reactions: Kickin45
    How is the bushnell xrs ii glass vs cronus glass never looked threw the bushnell had a dmrii

The XTR3 definitely has a spot in this line up. Its a little nicer in a few aspects than most of the LOW scopes.

Larger FOV, better eyebox, the glass is as nice or better than, and its made in Greeley Colorado.

Reactions: TripleOrNothing
    The XTR3 definitely has a spot in this line up. Its a little nicer in a few aspects than most of the LOW scopes.

Larger FOV, better eyebox, the glass is as nice or better than, and its made in Greeley Colorado.
    Yes those look nice. But those deals are great. Trying to sell my athlon cronus with cross first

Reactions: Birddog6424
    Man I was about to pull a the trigger on a 3-18 G2 Razor for a gas gun and now thinking maybe the XRS2 is a better buy. A few hundred bucks cheaper.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
    Bushnell xrsii do they have great clicks? Stainless? I had the dmr ii and thought turrets were pretty good

How is the bushnell xrs ii glass vs cronus glass never looked threw the bushnell had a dmrii

I've posted this in the past, but I did a test last summer with 3 people reading 2 different eye charts at 330 yards.
    Results:
    1. Athlon Cronus BTR
    2. Bushnell XRS2i
    3. Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27

Scopes were set to max at 27x as it would be an unfair comparison otherwise. This was a clarity test only, with only 1 example of each scope.

Reactions: Paladin300
    The XRS 2 is an excellent option. Turrets aren’t quite as tactile as some other options but perfectly serviceable. Bushnell elites have tracked great in every version I’ve had. The XTR 3 does have better glass to my eyes than the XRS 2. I’d be confident in both, the sale at midway is a very good deal on the XRS 2.

I seen glass was japan. 26 mils so low compared to other scopes in range. Only have this 1 scope maybe i should go high for atacr and be poor haha

Dont forget about the razor HD 5-20x50 has a total of 36mils of total adjustment.

The glass is from Japan. The reticle is etched and the rest of the XTR3 is built and assembled in Greeley Colorado.

The 30x has 26mils, the 18x has 36mils.

How far are you shooting ELR? I have 22.8 mils in my mounted XTR3 on my 300 Norma mag. That gets me to 2230 yards before hold overs.

I havent shot many ELR matches. But the longest target I've seen so far was 2200 yards.

The glass is from Japan. The reticle is etched and the rest of the XTR3 is built and assembled in Greeley Colorado.

The 30x has 26mils, the 18x has 36mils.

How far are you shooting ELR? I have 22.8 mils in my mounted XTR3 on my 300 Norma mag. That gets me to 2230 yards before hold overs.

I havent shot many ELR matches. But the longest target I've seen so far was 2200 yards.
    2000 yards at my range and plan on doing nf steel challenge 2100 yards max about. My cronus has 32 mil up a d i have 20 moa rail depending on barrel and cal im at 21 to 22 mil max up which gets me to that 2000 yards usually

So here's a question. If you could get into the DMR2 Pro for about 800 bucks or the XRS for the Midway sale price, which would you do. Not sure I need the the 30x mag of the XRS is the thing, but if the glass is better and I'm only giving up a little on the lower end then maybe, okay.

Plan to put this on a .308 gas gun, but could wind up on a bolt gun with the current optic getting swapped to the AR. if I go the XRS route.

I have a Bushnell LRHS 3-18 that I've been happy with, but that's my only experience with Bushnell.

Should probably just do both. hahaha

So here's a question. If you could get into the DMR2 Pro for about 800 bucks or the XRS for the Midway sale price, which would you do. Not sure I need the the 30x mag of the XRS is the thing, but if the glass is better and I'm only giving up a little on the lower end then maybe, okay.

Plan to put this on a .308 gas gun, but could wind up on a bolt gun with the current optic getting swapped to the AR. if I go the XRS route.

I have a Bushnell LRHS 3-18 that I've been happy with, but that's my only experience with Bushnell.

The glass and coatings are the same in the XRS2 and DMR2 Pro, as far as I know.

Beyond that, it really depends on purpose. For a PRS-type rig, either will do. Same goes for general LR use. If you're looking for more of an ELR rig like OP is asking about, I'd go XRS hands down.

Reactions: uffduh
    I love my XTR3 ,take it out to 2000 regularly.
    Another guy at the range with a nice valdada looked through it today...he wanted to trade.

Reactions: Birddog6424

I recently picked up an LRTS from Cameraland and an XRS2 from Midway.

Had them both out over the weekend.

The LRTS is outstanding for what it is (lightweight, good mad, good glass).

The XRS2 glass is amazing, and noticeably better than the LRTS and my PST Gen 2.

The H59 reticle for 1000 bucks is a steal in the XRS2.

The turrets are fine to me.

My only gripe on the XRS2 is that it's a pig.

Reactions: uffduh
    I have a athlon cronus and had other scopes steiner m5 vortex ares etr ect. I shoot to 2000 yards and planning on doing the nf steel challenge. Between athlon cronus bushnell xrs ii or similar scopes what are you guys running and liking the best? I like my cronus alot but dont want the floating cross anymore

Why not spend a little more and just go with a Vortex Razor Gen II or Leupold MK5HD PR2? It's a little more money for a scope you're not looking to dump after a few months and in the grand scheme of what you're trying to do a few hundred difference in scope may make a huge difference in your overall performance.

I recently picked up an LRTS from Cameraland and an XRS2 from Midway.

Had them both out over the weekend.

The LRTS is outstanding for what it is (lightweight, good mad, good glass).

The XRS2 glass is amazing, and noticeably better than the LRTS and my PST Gen 2.

The H59 reticle for 1000 bucks is a steal in the XRS2.

The turrets are fine to me.

My only gripe on the XRS2 is that it's a pig.
    I've only had a chance to do some dry firing looking down my street with my new XRS, but dang I like. I've never used any of my reticle illums b/f so not an issue, but I think I love this H59 wow and the clarity is best I've owned yet. Feel like I stole it at 1175, but my buddy did even better and got it for ~ 1050 whew.

Why not spend a little more and just go with a Vortex Razor Gen II or Leupold MK5HD PR2? It's a little more money for a scope you're not looking to dump after a few months and in the grand scheme of what you're trying to do a few hundred difference in scope may make a huge difference in your overall performance.
    Havent been a fan of leupold but never looked at one of those scopes alway leave them out not sure why just do. Have any good deals on the razor gen ll

@CrabsandFootball

I thought the Bushnell XRSII was s good deal at $1235.58 for the TreMor 3. After getting it I ordered another one for $1225.97. I thought that was a good deal too. Then this thread keeps coming back at me so, I bought another one at $1086.08. That was an even better deal.

Here's the thing, it's not a Vortex Razor Gen II. It is a $1500.00 scope on sale for a really good deal. However, you do have to make compromises. There is no illumination and the 75 yards parallax hurts it for 22lr. For the shooting I'll be doing with it it works for the price. BTW, Bushnell does have the DMRII with a parallax of 25 yards. It's a limited offering and the mil price is pretty good.

@CrabsandFootball

I thought the Bushnell XRSII was s good deal at $1235.58 for the TreMor 3. After getting it I ordered another one for $1225.97. I thought that was a good deal too. Then this thread keeps coming back at me so, I bought another one at $1086.08. That was an even better deal.

Here's the thing, it's not a Vortex Razor Gen II. It is a $1500.00 scope on sale for a really good deal. However, you do have to make compromises. There is no illumination and the 75 yards parallax hurts it for 22lr. For the shooting I'll be doing with it it works for the price. BTW, Bushnell does have the DMRII with a parallax of 25 yards. It's a limited offering and the mil price is pretty good.
    How far behind the razor gen 2? I dont care about illumination.