• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Elusive Wildlife Technology Lights

napt0wnc1ty99

mmmkay
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2020
FL
Anyone have experience running these? Bought a couple of them to mount on t posts outside the corn feeders for hunting pigs on my buddies cattle ranch.

Our stand is around 100 yards out. Anyone running these feel this was enough light at 100 yards? Pictures on the site seemed decent for $50/pop- didn’t want to drop $300 on their higher end model without testing their low cost option first. Curious on reliability with the Florida rain and sun on their solar panels

I ran a couple several years ago with mixed results. They were probably a little different than they are now. Yes, they give off enough light to make a shot sometimes. It all depends on how many hogs and how they are situated. It’s much easier if it’s a single hog, pretty difficult when a sounder comes in unless they’re spread out. Mine were red, green is probably easier.
I hunted one place where they didn’t seem to notice or mind the light. I had to get on another place, which I’m still on, and the hogs knew exactly what was going on. As soon as the dim light came on they scattered, didn’t even get close to being bright enough to shoot. I’ve been told by several people hogs can’t see red, but they knew something wasn’t right.
If you have a serious hog problem (Like I do), and you really want to go after them, there are better solutions, but they get expensive fast.

I appreciate the first hand account. Hopefully going to put them up this weekend and see what happens. Trying balance between the buy once cry once cause and saving some money with a lower cost solution.

I completely understand, I used lights for 18 months or so, and I killed some pigs. I got more and more serious about it and ended up getting a low end thermal scope. Something like that will increase your success rate a lot, but it’s definitely not for everybody.

I completely understand, I used lights for 18 months or so, and I killed some pigs. I got more and more serious about it and ended up getting a low end thermal scope. Something like that will increase your success rate a lot, but it’s definitely not for everybody.
Which model did you go with? Thoughts?

Which model did you go with? Thoughts?
My first one was an Armasight Zeus 5x to 20x or so(don’t remember exactly), and it worked. Now I have a Pulsar Trail XP50. My experience with the Armasight was ok, the high magnification was a hindrance, other than that it was decent and got the job done. It would’ve been better suited for hunting open fields, I hunt in woods that are pretty thick. My Pulsar is a 1.6x base magnification, and all around a better scope. There are much better, but I really can’t justify spending any more just to get a better image quality. I’ve seen the Pulsar scopes used for pretty decent prices on the PX here. It’s amazing what you can see with a thermal. Even in low light you’ll see critters you didn’t know were there.
I’ve known people who did very well knocking over hogs with night vision too.

My first one was an Armasight Zeus 5x to 20x or so(don’t remember exactly), and it worked. Now I have a Pulsar Trail XP50. My experience with the Armasight was ok, the high magnification was a hindrance, other than that it was decent and got the job done. It would’ve been better suited for hunting open fields, I hunt in woods that are pretty thick. My Pulsar is a 1.6x base magnification, and all around a better scope. There are much better, but I really can’t justify spending any more just to get a better image quality. I’ve seen the Pulsar scopes used for pretty decent prices on the PX here. It’s amazing what you can see with a thermal. Even in low light you’ll see critters you didn’t know were there.
I’ve known people who did very well knocking over hogs with night vision too.
I appreciate it. I have a flir tk mini but it’s honestly not that great past 50 yards and can’t mount to a gun. Handy for finding people though.

ATN seems attractive for the price point.