• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Embarrassed to ask this…

NJRaised

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2021
Port Murray NJ
Will shooting cheap ammo (pmc bronze) in a custom built rifle, have any ill effects on the rifle itself?

I just built a custom 223, and have a ton of pmc bronze 223 at the house (1000s of rounds). I know it will not shoot amazing, just to get out a few hundred yards on steel.

Reactions: FatCow and 338dude
Will shooting cheap ammo (pmc bronze) in a custom built rifle, have any ill effects on the rifle itself?

I just built a custom 223, and have a ton of pmc bronze 223 at the house (1000s of rounds). I know it will not shoot amazing, just to get out a few hundred yards on steel.
No it won't hurt anything.

It will not hurt anything. That said when switching between ammo types clean the barrel and give it a few shots to settle in after switching.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
Brass cases, no worries.
It's not too shabby as far as that stuff goes. Shot lots of it in 3 gun and rifle matches.

Burn it up, brother. Whatever gets you more trigger time, is worth it. Especially when you think of a barrel like tires on a car.

Pmc bronze is good stuff. Just watch out for bimetal jacket stuff in other cheap ammo brands. Bimetal jackets will wear a barrel quicker