• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Emerson Blade Play

Nosler243Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Alabama
I got a Gentleman Jim Thursday and I have already had to tighten the blade pivot screw several times. Is there a fix for this or am I going to have to keep doing this? I really like the knife and I have already ordered a CQC 7 v grind so any info would be great.

Re: Emerson Blade Play

I've had the same issue on my Emerson. Little drop of Loctite fixed it right up, no issues for years since.

How hard is the knife to reassemble when you take the pivot screw out? Is there anything that is going to fall out?

No.. they are pretty simple knives.. use the right driver tip for the screw.. I've buggered a few up over time.

If it's new.. go ahead and clean off all the factory goop and reassemble. Let it break-in clean.. then ad some graphite or oil of choice if you desire later.

Just turn the slot screw out. The female part is what the blade pivots on, so it won't fall apart on you.

What the rest of the guys added in. It's real easy to do and don't worry about losing any tiny parts inside. One thing I did though knowing that once the Loctite cured it wasn't going anywhere, was I marked exactly where I wanted the screw at for the proper tension. Disassembled, drop of red Loctite on the thread, reassembled to right where I marked it at. Was flawless for the next four years of EDC until I retired it a few months ago.

had a bunch of emersons and havn't had any issues with main screw becoming loose..
They are easy to take apart and very simple.
I would clean the factory grease off and relube with Mobile one synthetic and then bake together and if you continue to see the screw becoming loose again I would use a TINY drop of loctite on the screw threads as long as the screw threads were clean of any oil.
Have fun with the Emerson....They are top knotch in my book.
....SmokeRolls