• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Emerson CQC-10

Invstr21

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2009
Hello fellow Hiders,

I wanted to order a cqc-10 today but I was wondering which knife to get? Plain edge or combo? Everyones insight will be considered, thanks. Oh yeah I forgot to mention this will be my edc...(just work in an office) but like nice things.

Ps. Don't respond on other link, I guess I posted in wrong section.

Re: Emerson CQC-10

I am not a knife expert and I know knife experts take different sides to this debate. Ultimately, I think your use determines which is a better choice. I was pretty convinced that combo knives are more desirable after listening to Ernst Emerson's thoughts on the issue. That said, I have and carry both.

If you choose plain edge, keep it sharp as a dull plain edge will not be able to to what serrations can in some applications. Either way you will have pretty nice knife.

I've owned both plain and combo edged Emersons. Go combo. They have a bit more utility for EDC when you consider cutting through heavy cloth or webbing, and especially with Emerson's chisel ground blade.

Thats a tough choice . as the holidays are upon us I recomend
buying both.

Combo for versatility

knives002.jpg

I would prefer a full serrated vs a combo, but that does not exist with Emerson. Not starting a bash, but I used to carry Emerson's for a long time. Since then I've found better values with similar or better build quality. Plus I'm not a fan of the chisel grind.

I like the looks of a plain blade better but I guess a combo would be the way to go for versatility.

I've always liked plain, especially if you're just using it for everyday stuff. I'll add that the wave is really handy (at least on my Delica). I do wish Emerson would make left handed models without it being special order.