• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Employee Housing... History Repeating

It’s a ski resort so 99% of the employees will be 19 year old STD super spreaders who are only there for the season.
Year round activities... A Destination Vacation place. Come to Idaho and leave the rat race behind.

After living in the company house, the next step is to shop at the company store. Not much $$$ left at the end of the week.

People will see through the "company store". Nah, they'll buy up the local stores quietly, through shell companies and brokers, and run them with subcontractors to keep the illusion it's not owned by them. Those employees are going to be spending their money regardless, either on food, entertainment, or some other needs. Identify those needs, identify the stores, buy those stores. We're at peak capitalism right now. Capitalism is good, but we're at the point where it has some negative side effects.

Branden

People will see through the "company store". Nah, they'll buy up the local stores quietly, through shell companies and brokers, and run them with subcontractors to keep the illusion it's not owned by them. Those employees are going to be spending their money regardless, either on food, entertainment, or some other needs. Identify those needs, identify the stores, buy those stores. We're at peak capitalism right now. Capitalism is good, but we're at the point where it has some negative side effects.

Branden
Starting to sound like the Cartels in Mexico and South America. And of course, those Cartels run one of the best, most secure wireless communications network in the world. Capitalism while supplying the demand.

The housing + company store scam only works if you aren't paid in dollars. At the moment I don't see the feds letting companies start creating side economies using Corporate Bucks.

The housing + company store scam only works if you aren't paid in dollars. At the moment I don't see the feds letting companies start creating side economies using Corporate Bucks.
Really, how would the FED's prevent it? No different than CEO's being "paid" with company stock.....

Really, how would the FED's prevent it? No different than CEO's being "paid" with company stock.....

There was a town that tried to start their own currency and the feds stepped in fast to quash that because it avoids taxes. I think it was early 2000's or late 90s, can never find the article. For corporate bucks to exist, the employer would have to pay taxes on their currency for the employee as the employee has funny money and won't be able. After paying taxes for them, the economy would be broke after the price hikes that accompany the usual scam. Just like right now you can try to do this using crypto, but it gets taxed too much.

From my understanding the way it worked back in the day corporate towns were avoiding taxes and that made the scam profitable relative to the effort.

The end game is the FEDS make their own "corporate town" using digital currency which restricts peoples spending to certain physical locations, shutting down travel and no freedom of choice to buy whatever we want.

There was a town that tried to start their own currency and the feds stepped in fast to quash that because it avoids taxes. I think it was early 2000's or late 90s, can never find the article. For corporate bucks to exist, the employer would have to pay taxes on their currency for the employee as the employee has funny money and won't be able. After paying taxes for them, the economy would be broke after the price hikes that accompany the usual scam. Just like right now you can try to do this using crypto, but it gets taxed too much.

From my understanding the way it worked back in the day corporate towns were avoiding taxes and that made the scam profitable relative to the effort.

The end game is the FEDS make their own "corporate town" using digital currency which restricts peoples spending to certain physical locations, shutting down travel and no freedom of choice to buy whatever we want.
I agree. As long as all compensation is reported to the IRS, there is no violation of the rules. It can be so simple as giving an employee a debit card and the enployer loading his weekly wages on the card. Auto pay for the housing / rent, use the card at the company store or get cash out of an ATM machine... No different than a government employee having direct deposit for his paycheck. It's all tracked.

Having lived in a company house and having to buy from a company store, my family had enough. You soon find yourself falling backwards and you start owing the company more than you make.

I wasn't alive when this occurred, but my dad left the coal mines and never looked back. We were still poor, but my dad didn't owe anyone at the end of the month.

Some ski resorts already do this.
NOW, the real question is.. Can they pass the drug test?
I have seen this and talked with year round employees at Banff, Canada..... That is the local culture if you want to reside there year round. Similar to American's working at a crappy job in order to have medical insurance. The new norm.

Democrats are sheeple, they deserve to be owned by the people who employee them. These assholes want someone to pay their way, they are demanding free everything remember? They get the lives and government they deserve so fuck them. Let them live in a company house and buy from a company store and learn to be the slaves they love so much.

Reactions: clcustom1911
You guys are hysterical. I mean, I get where you are going with this and I get why, but you’re missing the real “WHY” this project is happening in the first place. I moved to Coeur d’Alene, ID in 1997. I bought 10 acres bordering millions of acres of public land. I designed a house on engineering paper, met with an architect , had plans drawn up and had the house built. It was technically in Harrison, ID on the east side of the lake. I had $270,000 in the entire project and lived there until 2004. For grins, here’s a link to what Zillow thinks it’s worth now; enjoy the beautiful pictures and view, they make me really badly miss that place! Oh, and they have it valued over $ 1,000,000 now.

Thank you Komyfornians with loads of cash! Same thing has happened in Sandpoint, which is the town below Schweitzer. Plane and simple. Schweitzer needs employees and it’s too darn expensive for people to live there on what they can make working on the mountain. If Schweitzer pays them enough so the can afford to live there, your lift ticket would cost $300 per day or more which would kill business. This is their solution. Hopefully it does not go the way of coal mines and company stores in the past. If I remember correctly, there is already a shopping area in Pondery near to where they are building those apartments. I’m sure more will build up after they complete these, but the shopping mentioned in the article likely already exists.

Reactions: MJF
You guys are hysterical. I mean, I get where you are going with this and I get why, but you’re missing the real “WHY” this project is happening in the first place. I moved to Coeur d’Alene, ID in 1997. I bought 10 acres bordering millions of acres of public land. I designed a house on engineering paper, met with an architect , had plans drawn up and had the house built. It was technically in Harrison, ID on the east side of the lake. I had $270,000 in the entire project and lived there until 2004. For grins, here’s a link to what Zillow thinks it’s worth now; enjoy the beautiful pictures and view, they make me really badly miss that place! Oh, and they have it valued over $ 1,000,000 now.

Thank you Komyfornians with loads of cash! Same thing has happened in Sandpoint, which is the town below Schweitzer. Plane and simple. Schweitzer needs employees and it’s too darn expensive for people to live there on what they can make working on the mountain. If Schweitzer pays them enough so the can afford to live there, your lift ticket would cost $300 per day or more which would kill business. This is their solution. Hopefully it does not go the way of coal mines and company stores in the past. If I remember correctly, there is already a shopping area in Pondery near to where they are building those apartments. I’m sure more will build up after they complete these, but the shopping mentioned in the article likely already exists.
Why did you leave ?

Reactions: babyguppy
Why did you leave ?

I’ve asked myself that question just about every day since then. Fact of the matter is I went to work for UPS in Louisville, KY and it was just too hard to commute from Idaho to Kentucky. My three kids were born while I lived there and I have fond memories of that place. I was loosing too much family time going to and from work. The company I worked for when I lived there, Airbourne Express, is in shambles thanks to DHL, so at least my job worked out. I long to get back to the mountains though.

I still have a lifetime hunting license in Idaho, but I have not been back to hunt due to logistics. It’s a long drive and I hear there are a lot more wolves now south of Salmon that are decimating the elk and mule deer herds.

Last edited:
I’ve asked myself that question just about every day since then. Fact of the matter is I went to work for UPS in Louisville, KY and it was just too hard to commute from Idaho to Kentucky. My three kids were born while I lived there and I have fond memories of that place. I was loosing too much family time going to and from work. The company I worked for when I lived there, Airbourne Express, is in shambles thanks to DHL, so at least my job worked out. I long to get back to the mountains though.
Understood.... Been there, done that, got the T shirt and wore it out..... Kept the T shirt as a reminder.

IMG_3350 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: KYAggie
Money is not everything, but is sadly somewhat necessary. It’s a tough call, town living suuuuuks! Makes me want to sell everything and live as a nomad in a camper van; pretty sure my wife would not go along with that at the moment. Screw money.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Money is not everything, but is sadly somewhat necessary. It’s a tough call, town living suuuuuks! Makes me want to sell everything and live as a nomad in a camper van; pretty sure my wife would not go along with that at the moment. Screw money.

There's an open spot down by the river near me. Van parking only!

You don't HAVE to be paid in cash. You can be paid in stock, cryptocurrency, tangible goods, services and anything in between. Regardless of how you're paid, anything received must be reported as taxable income at its fair market value when received.

Attorneys do this with startups all the time. They'll incorporate and handle any and all legal issues in exchange for x% of company stock. If the fair market value of the stock can't be readily determined, the attorney is supposed to figure out the value of his services at his hourly rate, pick that amount up as ordinary income, and this establishes his basis in the stock he received to determine his cap gain/loss if he sells in the future.

Big Gov might not like it, as it makes audits an absolute nightmare, but it's not new by any means.

You don't HAVE to be paid in cash. You can be paid in stock, cryptocurrency, tangible goods, services and anything in between. Regardless of how you're paid, anything received must be reported as taxable income at its fair market value when received.

Attorneys do this with startups all the time. They'll incorporate and handle any and all legal issues in exchange for x% of company stock. If the fair market value of the stock can't be readily determined, the attorney is supposed to figure out the value of his services at his hourly rate, pick that amount up as ordinary income, and this establishes his basis in the stock he received to determine his cap gain/loss if he sells in the future.

Big Gov might not like it, as it makes audits an absolute nightmare, but it's not new by any means.
There are a handful of states that require employees be paid U.S currency. This is because of the Coal Wars, and companies paying in company dollars.

A lot of the small schools around here own houses they use to try to lure in teachers and administrators. ITs tough to get people in an economically depressed part of the state that pays considerably less than the front range, or KS schools right across the border.

There are a handful of states that require employees be paid U.S currency. This is because of the Coal Wars, and companies paying in company dollars.
What states? To my knowledge, company scrip is as nixed as a result of the FLSA in the 30’s as a result of coal and logging company abuse, but that’s not what we’re talking about here.

I’m not aware of any state laws requiring payment in USD. I could be wrong though. I’m just curious as I’m a CPA and this would be good info to file away in the back of my mind if this is indeed true.