• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

End of the world gun... choose wisely.

DISMAS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2010
Midwest
This has probably been covered, but I couldn't find a thread for it. If the world was ending, or if there was some sort of break down of society, of if we were invaded by a foreign ground force... and if you could only choose one gun to have with you, what would it be? Only one gun...

I would probably go with my M&P 15T AR because of training and confidence with it, but I was once told by an old gun guru that the best "end of the world/civil break-down" gun would be a Ruger 10-22 with a non-battery optic of some sort. I laughed at him, but his reasoning behind this choice was great accuracy and the ability to carry THOUSANDS of rounds of ammo in a backpack with little stress and a weapon that was easy to clean and maintain.

I'm not talking home defense or LE stuff. I'm talking all round aspects, short range, long range, long lasting, everything. This is the end of the world and you can only choose one gun.

Any opinions, just for the fun of it? Optics? Ammo choice?

Re: End of the world gun... choose wisely.

Please go to AR15.com, and never come back!

you cant shoot the end of the world away no matter how big your gun is or how much ammo you have.

"Please go to AR15.com, and never come back!"

Wow. I'm not on AR15.com because my favorite shooting is long range, and I thought the Bear Pit was for random/crazy/outlandish/off the wall stuff.

If it was the end of the world there will be plenty of guns and ammo laying around...

Everyone thinks that if the country suddenly erupts into a video game, they will run around shooting people and somehow THEY will be the one to survive. Most likely someone will be picking up YOUR shit off the ground..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you cant shoot the end of the world away no matter how big your gun is or how much ammo you have. </div></div>

What about one of these?

marvin_gun.gif

Sniper's Hide.... For the serious tactical marksman. Where in that do you see SHTF, EOTW. There have been many a thread like this, If the world is ending, you are ending.LOL

"Sniper's Hide.... For the serious tactical marksman. Where in that do you see SHTF, EOTW. There have been many a thread like this, If the world is ending, you are ending.LOL"

I guess now we'll just see how many nasty posts I get. I probably could have worded it better.

I would probably go down to Fort Sill and pick up a m198 howitzer. Use a CAT to tow it and carry my ammo. Its a great weapon system, you can reach out at far distances and you dont have to be so accurate. 1 shot 20 kills.

Wow, once again. I'm now "that guy". Keep em coming.

Don't feel bad. Despite the heat I bet lots have enjoyed these threads as a guilty pleasure. God knows people post worse shit!

"world turns into a video game" best description of EOTW I've read.

Thanks, EventHorizon. But I'm sure they'll keep ripping on me. No biggee. I'll probably get a laugh out of some of the replys. Something more inventive than "go to AR15.com" would be nice though.

"I'm going to BLAST you earthling!!"

That was just gay. Overall, I'm starting to feel like this guy...
MallNinja1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JudahBenHur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, once again. I'm now "that guy". Keep em coming. </div></div>

There picking on you, but deep down they have all probably thought of the same situation. LOL This is a serious site, but I'm sure this is entertaining to those who are posting that this is a serious site. Most who post a response about how childish the post is, enjoy when something like this is posted, because it gives them a chance to act serious by making them feel virile when they aggrandize their macho ego by showing off against you LOL.

Don't anyone take this serious or personal LOL It's a Dr Phil Moment LOL Just a little humor.

I'll take it in stride. Knocked back a few tonight. Made a silly topic. Shouldn't drink and post. All in good fun though.

hell im drunk in bonners ferry idaho, and this place is the end of the world. with that being said i wish i had my ar. it would be very helpful in dealing with some of the dipshits i met today. just bring lots of ammo.

I win.

Sure hope there's someplace to put my BOB

a-10-19990422-f-7910d-518.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JudahBenHur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll take it in stride. Knocked back a few tonight. Made a silly topic. Shouldn't drink and post. All in good fun though. </div></div>

We all drink and post on occasion..
grin.gif
I'll admit, sometimes the replies on these topics are pretty interesting..

If the country breaks down I'll hunker down in my little town and hope it doesn't get too bad. If it does, I'll have to make a plan. I can't just head for the woods or fight it out.. I have a 3 month and a 2 year old. Shit changes when you have more than yourself to worry about, especially people that can't care for themselves.

If the world goes to chaos, I bet 3rd world countries will become the places to be.. they already have a social and economic structure in place to deal with a world without running water and the internet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjk0352</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hell im drunk in bonners ferry idaho, and this place is the end of the world. with that being said i wish i had my ar. it would be very helpful in dealing with some of the dipshits i met today. just bring lots of ammo.</div></div>

Hell if your in Bonners the you are in a SHTF situation.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJRLoGYtkEM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJRLoGYtkEM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjk0352</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hell im drunk in bonners ferry idaho, and this place is the end of the world.</div></div>

I think you have to cross the Rockies and visit Browning, Babb or Heart Butte before you declare Bonners Ferry the end of the earth.

A sling shot. There is never ending suppy of rocks on the ground and you don't have to carry any of them just bend down, pick one up and fire away!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JudahBenHur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I'm going to BLAST you earthling!!"

MallNinja1.jpg
</div></div>

Definitely have to bring an electric guitar, a Tec22 and a Rambo knife with a compass in the handle if the world is ending.

"Definitely have to bring an electric guitar, a Tec22 and a Rambo knife with a compass in the handle if the world is ending."

I guess I'm prepared then. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JudahBenHur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I'm going to BLAST you earthling!!"

MallNinja1.jpg
</div></div>

OMG is that mike from CSTACTICAL ?

haha Jokeing...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRS_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it was the end of the world there will be plenty of guns and ammo laying around...

Everyone thinks that if the country suddenly erupts into a video game, they will run around shooting people and somehow THEY will be the one to survive. Most likely someone will be picking up YOUR shit off the ground.. </div></div>

Why limit yourself to a gun? It's the end of the world be creative, also eventually we need to go out and have a beer LRS. Worth mention; you've got one of my favorite gunsmiths in the world out there Joe V across the street from Wild Bills.

I sorely miss visiting him, and need to make my way back over there one of the best people around. If you've never made it by feel free to drop in shake his hand and tell him TC(an old nick) sends his regards. There's a few characters that hang around that shop that can learn just about anyone a thing or two about shooting of whatever sort you're interested in.

1251259752928.gif

I don't feel too bad. There are worst posts out there...

{Gecko45 writes:

I do not understand the “joke” or the “Rambo.” I am in a high-risk job. It is not the Mall of America, but Ill tell you what its no podunk mall either.I am a responsible citizen who has made the choice to carry at all times. I defend others. If something happens at the Mall then I would be the hero, not those of you who are making fun of me for no reason. Yes Im not a Green Beret but guess what neither are you and unlike you I have to face unruly shoppers every day.My REAL problem is that, like any LEO, I have enemies because of my job. They may have access to high-powered rifles. My job starts and ends at the same time every day. Although I use four rotating routes to drive to and from work, I am still vulnerable during the walk to and from my car. This is the time that I load up on the trauma plates because I DO NOT WANT TO BE SHOT DEAD!Also, someone said that my Tac Team doesn’t get training. Not true. We meet at the range every night and shoot 400 rounds each through weapons that closely resemble our duty setup. We also practice unarmed combat. I am a Master of three martial arts including ninjitsu, which means I can wear the special boots to climb walls. I don’t think any of you are working as hard as I am to be prepared. I asked a serious question about tactical armor and I wanted a serious response. If you want to laugh at somebody, try laughing at the sheep out there who go to the mall unarmed trusting in me to stand guiard over their lives like a God.}

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JudahBenHur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't feel too bad. There are worst posts out there...

</div></div>

Don't feel bad at all, have fun with it. At least your not a mall ninja or a zombie stomper.

don't worry, the only problem with this thread is that threads like this have been posted so many times people are sick of them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 168BTHPM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you cant shoot the end of the world away no matter how big your gun is or how much ammo you have. </div></div>

What about one of these?

marvin_gun.gif

</div></div>

a pew32 explosive space modulator...great weapon

Ahhh hell yeah, fun time!
ROPE! You need to have the rope Rambo!
For the guns, shit, a nice little 308 in the form of a FN/FAL R1A1 is my choice for GP midrange stuff. A 45 on the hip and another in the jacket or on the vest. A Benelli MkI Super 90 slung 3 point, and for LR the AI Chassi folder I have. Of course the pick up with the bike in the back, a little gas, a few water cans, a case or two of MRE's and we be good to go. I also fully believe of course that no matter how much ammo or guns you have the big rock that smashes in to us will pretty much destroy anything on this water covered rock...how the hell did it get called Planet EARTH anyway when it's 3/4's WATER.
Hello, I am an Earthling from Planet Water, ROFLMMFAO!

It's ok if this post didn't come around every month all this pent up rage would probably bleed into relevant threads this is a necessary evil.

Personally I like to extol the virtues of the Viking lifestyle in these threads and encourage everyone to immediately go pillage their neighbors at the slightest wiff of societal disorder.

The idea of everyone running around like firearm wielding Vikings really sounds like a party to me.

cowboyninjaviking.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It all kinda gets a guy thinking about the fun of running around in a pick up acting like a dickhead giving rebel yells and fucking shit up don't it Courage? </div></div>

It's an occasion that would draw the cowboy hat out of my closet to be certain
laugh.gif

I need one of those laser guns and a knife a good one like
daddy had before he went to prison.

Well, whatever it turns out to be; I'll be starting out with it from a fairly remote location. No sense hanging out in the thick of things, getting that "Aw poop!" moment, and then expectin' the gun to do all the heavy lifting.

I'd also be choosing friends and neighbors for allies long before the fan gets coated with the merde.

My big laugh arrives when I read about equipment choice quandries, but nobody's got a clue what's incoming. Tactics and logistics do have a place...

I would accomplish little alone. In my current condition, I'd probably be best off with a quick one to the temple so I don't slow down the folks who have an actual chance at survival. I really like living; but once the downturn turns to plummet, I'm gonna want out.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, whatever it turns out to be; I'll be starting out with it from a fairly remote location. No sense hanging out in the thick of things, getting that "Aw poop!" moment, and then expectin' the gun to do all the heavy lifting.

I'd also be choosing friends and neighbors for allies long before the fan gets coated with the merde.

My big laugh arrives when I read about equipment choice quandries, but nobody's got a clue what's incoming. Tactics and logistics do have a place...

I would accomplish little alone. In my current condition, I'd probably be best off with a quick one to the temple so I don't slow down the folks who have an actual chance at survival. I really like living; but once the downturn turns to plummet, I'm gonna want out.

Greg </div></div>

Greg, you know we leave know one behind!

I've had several opportunities to see our young military folks while they were training hard. The first impression that sticks is the simple fact that combat is no place for old farts like myself.

If you are familiar with the movie <span style="font-style: italic">Sernity</span>, you will recall the scene where "We leave nobody behind, Sir..." was voiced, and replied with, "and maybe that's why we lost".

You have my permission in advance to leave me behind. Maybe I can slow some of them down...

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 168BTHPM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JudahBenHur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I'm going to BLAST you earthling!!"

MallNinja1.jpg
</div></div>

Definitely have to bring an electric guitar, a Tec22 and a Rambo knife with a compass in the handle if the world is ending. </div></div>

Those aren't even real guitars.. look like the playstation ones my kids use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had several opportunities to see our young military folks while they were training hard. The first impression that sticks is the simple fact that combat is no place for old farts like myself.</div></div>

This reminds me of a conversation I had with my dad yesterday. When he recently asked an old friend how he was doing, the friend said, "I have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel."

Kinda sums it all up
laugh.gif

If and when things go off the rails, I will be seeking out guys like you, Greg. The older I get, the more I appreciate reality. It's hard to live a Rambo lifestyle with bad knees and a weak lower back
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<span style="font-style: italic">A young elk trotted up to an old bull and said, "Let's run down there and poke us a cow." The old bull replied, "Let's walk down there and poke them all."</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JudahBenHur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll take it in stride. Knocked back a few tonight. Made a silly topic. Shouldn't drink and post. All in good fun though. </div></div>

Don't worry about it. Anyone who made the effort to look at this thread is here becaause they want to be. Nobody made them click on the link. I will never understand why some guys get into a thread that they are supposedly sick of seeing on their "serious" board, even in the Bear Pit, and then just set about harassing the OP for his transgression. If we don't want to see it, we can just mosey on down to the next thread or three. Personally, I like these threads, sometimes for the entertainment of watching a real moron lay it all out there and get eaten alive, and sometimes because I might learn something(even if its what not to do). Truth be told, most others are the same. It's just that some folks would bitch even if they were hung with a new rope.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally I like to extol the virtues of the Viking lifestyle in these threads and encourage everyone to immediately go pillage their neighbors at the slightest wiff of societal disorder.</div></div>

LMAO. Been encouraging people in this way for a while now. Problem is, now whenever a "wiff" is detected, all my gas jugs dissapear.

okie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had several opportunities to see our young military folks while they were training hard. The first impression that sticks is the simple fact that combat is no place for old farts like myself.

If you are familiar with the movie <span style="font-style: italic">Sernity</span>, you will recall the scene where "We leave nobody behind, Sir..." was voiced, and replied with, "and maybe that's why we lost".

You have my permission in advance to leave me behind. Maybe I can slow some of them down...

Greg </div></div>

Well Gregg, I'm not much on running! Probably most of us on this site feel the same way. So I doubt you will get left behind. You should have some help there with you to slow them down!

LOL

<span style="font-weight: bold">In Fine Print</span>
<span style="font-style: italic">Anyone reading this please realize This is a pointless, non serious, but humorous thread not to be taken serious, and does not represent the view point or thinking of many on this serious marksman site, including myself!!!!!!!</span>