• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Ended my deer season 15 min into it." Updated"

smack

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2003
North Central Washington
Took this buck here in Central Washington opening morning, it was a steep down hill quartering away shot at 320 yards, shooting a .270 WSM and a 140gr Nosler Accubond. Caught him behind the right shoulder and exited the left side of the chest.

DSC05426.jpg

<span style="color: #FF0000">UPDATE....</span>

Check out this brute of a Mulie shot about 6 miles from where I shot mine. I've watched plenty this size but I have never been able to put it together during the season.

photo-6.jpg

Re: Ended my deer season 15 min into it.

Nice buck, man. I hope I'm as fortunate!

Great buck!! Just think the pressure is off. You can sleep late while all your bros are trying to catch up!!

If you are gonna end it early then by all means that is the way to do it! Good job and nice buck.

Congrats on the kill. Nice buck.. What a way to end the season, I'm sure most hunters wouldn't mind to end the season with a buck like that..

nice looking buck = my season is just getting ready to start in the next two weeks.

Congratulations, it's always bitter sweet when you fill your tag early.

Gee, I feel for ya- Not!

Great Buck dude.

It may have ended soon but I say it was worth it

Looks like you've a heck of a deer spot!! Nice buck!

Awesome deer. Sounds like you have definitely found a honey hole. Hope to have similar luck myself

I took this picture Sunday morning, this buck was taken by a good friends son within 800 yards of where I shoot mine. The shot was at about 140 yards with a .270 Winchester and a 140gr Nosler Accubond on top of a mild load to reduce recoil a bit. This was his first buck, like I told him. It's going to be hard to beat but it's a hell of a start Jr! One happy young man to say the least, I think all the hooting and hollering from him was loader than the shot that echoed down the canyon to me. It made my day, it was good to see a young man take a buck like that, it put a smile on my face the rest of the day.

DSC05462.jpg

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">These bucks feeding on the winter wheat are real pigs body wise.</span>

DSC05472.jpg

It's just been a great year for mature bucks here, the last two years(2008 & 2009) I have watched countless two points and very small three's. Mature buck were far and few between.

Awesome looking deer, congrats.

My 17yo son was within about 10 seconds of getting his first over by Carlton last saturday, a nice 4x4, then his Uncle started blasting away from about 500 yds across a valley and it was history. Will hope for the best this coming weekend.

Finding one quickly is a good problem to have.

Nice deer, congratulations!

Smack,

I know what you mean, I've got a tag for blacktail in my area and cant bring myself to hunt for them. We just got back from Nevada a week ago and will post photos of our mule deer hunt in a few days. My hunting buddy and I each killed a nice 4x4.

Congrats!
I leave this week on a mulie hunt.... Now I'm pumped!

Nice buck man! I haven't ever gotten so lucky as to get one on the first day out. Haven't been out yet this year though so who knows!