• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Enfield project

Win70chris

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2008
Dallas, TX
Has anyone rebarreled a NO4? I have a nice reciever on a rifle I bought for the stock. The barrel is a total wreck so I was thinking about putting a .308 barrel on it and making am Enforcer clone. If you have done a similar project please let me know how it went. Thanks.

Re: Enfield project

i did not think the n4's could handle .308 pressures? dont have my stats with but check that first, i know they made a few .308 snipers on n4 platforms, but i think they were re-enginered, like the ishapor #1's....

The L42 is based on a No4mk1 like I have and the L39 is based on a No4mk2. I will need a different bolt face to handle the higher pressure and heavy bullets are not a good idea but the barrel is fine. I am curious how hard it is to remove the barrel and what tools are needed. It may be easier to run it to my smith.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: win70chris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The L42 is based on a No4mk1 like I have and the L39 is based on a No4mk2. I will need a different bolt face to handle the higher pressure and heavy bullets are not a good idea but the barrel is fine. I am curious how hard it is to remove the barrel and what tools are needed. It may be easier to run it to my smith. </div></div>

Actually I think the bolt face was the same one as the 303, just used a different extractor. They were proof tested to 19tons however before being issued. I don't think it was a big deal.

The barrel can be a bitch to get off so use a proper barrel/receiver wrench setup. Also some people do a relief cut on the old barrel to make it easier to get off.