• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Enhanced Hvy Duty DBM from Underground Skunkworks

BlackOps Tech

Still The Head Skunk
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
This is the new EHD DBM from Underground Skunkworks. It's manufactured from 7075-T651 and is currently available in SA but will be available in a LA version soon. It accepts both AICS and AW magazines and features an Underground Skunkworks Exclusive Magazine Pre-Load. The Underground Skunkworks Pre-Load capability places slight downward pressure on the magazine to prevent rattle and to assist in tactical magazine changes by starting downward movement for the magazine to fall out. The Pre-Load is compatible with the UGSW Model 911 action and Remington actions can be easily modified for the Pre-Load capability.

The ambidextrous magazine release is an Enhanced Oberndorf that cannot be inadvertantly snagged and is easily operated by a simple forward push of the trigger finger. The oversized trigger guard accomodates gloved operation.

2rmruy8.jpg

kckeb.jpg

2liuh5e.jpg

1zp1guv.jpg

2ef6zvm.jpg

ixvybd.jpg

The EHD DBM is available for order now and you can contact me via e-mail for more details.

Re: Enhanced Hvy Duty DBM from Underground Skunkworks

Another great looking product.

Man, I feel like I'm in the 1800's with a hinged floorplate...

Very slick design Sir.

Congrats

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sudnit5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another great looking product. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And what kind of inlet will it require? </div></div>

Thanks and it's a Skunkworks inlet. Manners and McMillan will have the exact inlet and I've been modifying the Surgeon inlet for all of my current builds. Modifying the Surgeon is OK if you have the right tools, but its certainly not a Dremel job. After I do the mods I glass everything in to accomodate the Skunkworks DBM. I'll be in touch with Tom next week and McMillan in the near future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man, I feel like I'm in the 1800's with a hinged floorplate...

Very slick design Sir.

Congrats </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is stupid sick man! I went to look at it on the site but it seems to still be 'under construction'
grin.gif

Sick piece of gear, I like it! </div></div>

Thanks Guys and I haven't had the bandwidth lately to get the website updated....I hope to get to it soon, but I keep saying that and never seem to get it done. Keep checking back or you can call or e-mail me for details....

Cool. Does it come coated as shown, or is that an upgrade ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tigerbikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weight (without the mag)? </div></div>

It's 7075-T651 Aluminum, so it's no heavier than other current offerings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very stout looking bottom metal </div></div>

Thanks Chiller....It's been in development since November '09 and I've done at least six in-house builds with it so far and its doing very well....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scimitar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks great. What is the price? </div></div>

Thanks and as pictured (with the Pre-Load) the plan is to offer it for $420. If you're running a Remington and don't desire to do the mod for the Pre-Load, or find that you don't need the Pre-Load regardless of what action you're using, its $360. There may be some minor price changes as production ramps up as I've been doing them in small runs....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FlySolo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool. Does it come coated as shown, or is that an upgrade ? </div></div>

The standard finish is MilSpec Black Anodizing. The finish on this DBM matches the rifle that this DBM belongs to.

That is the best looking bottom metal in my opinion. Simple. I like that.

Re: Enhanced Hvy Duty DBM from Underground Skunkwo

Best looking DBM on the market IMHO. good work sir!

Any offerings planned for the Win M70 actions, and in my case, short action?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is the best looking bottom metal in my opinion. Simple. I like that. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best looking DBM on the market IMHO. good work sir! </div></div>

Thanks Guys....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oh_heck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any offerings planned for the Win M70 actions, and in my case, short action? </div></div>

Yes and I have the SA Model 70 version modeled, I just haven't made any yet. It will feature all of the enhanced Skunkworks capabilties of the "Remington" version.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great Job Mike - you've been busy!!! </div></div>

Thanks Jeff....You'll be seeing more pretty soon....

that looks awesome..

every one of your products leave me drooling for one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chickeneye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that looks awesome..

every one of your products leave me drooling for one. </div></div>

Thanks CE....I'm finishing up a few other projects that should hit the mainstream pretty soon....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sudnit5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another great looking product. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And what kind of inlet will it require? </div></div>

Thanks and it's a Skunkworks inlet. Manners and McMillan will have the exact inlet and I've been modifying the Surgeon inlet for all of my current builds. Modifying the Surgeon is OK if you have the right tools, but its certainly not a Dremel job. After I do the mods I glass everything in to accomodate the Skunkworks DBM. I'll be in touch with Tom next week and McMillan in the near future. </div></div>

Am I reading this correctly then that the BM will be a "drop-in" for say a McMillan A5??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sudnit5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another great looking product. </div></div>

Thanks and it's a Skunkworks inlet. Manners and McMillan will have the exact inlet and I've been modifying the Surgeon inlet for all of my current builds. Modifying the Surgeon is OK if you have the right tools, but its certainly not a Dremel job. After I do the mods I glass everything in to accomodate the Skunkworks DBM. I'll be in touch with Tom next week and McMillan in the near future. </div></div>

Am I reading this correctly then that the BM will be a "drop-in" for say a McMillan A5??

</div></div>

It will once McMillan has the inlet....There are a number of builders that want to use the Skunkworks DBM, so I have to get it squared away with McMillan....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sudnit5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another great looking product. </div></div>

</div></div>

It will once McMillan has the inlet....There are a number of builders that want to use the Skunkworks DBM, so I have to get it squared away with McMillan.... </div></div>

So it isn't dropin ready for an A5 that's few years old then?
(sorry if I'm being obtuse - just not 100% sure on your response.)

What has to happen before this DBM will "drop in" to an A5 stock is I begin dialog with McMillan about it. I tell them that I have a new DBM and I either send them a finished DBM and/or the drawings.

Once McMillan has the info, they will create a program that is specific to the Skunkworks DBM inlet. When someone orders a stock and tells McMillan that they're going to use a Skunkworks DBM, McMillan selects the proper program and their CNC carves out a pocket (referred to as the inlet) that will allow the Skunkworks DBM to "drop in." This is also how it will work when a Manners stock is ordered with a Skunkworks DBM.

Way to go, Mike!

Is this the DBM you are putting in current builds?
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Max and this would be the one.... </div></div>

Awesomeness....I need to step away from the computer...all these pretty pictures you keep posting just add to the anxiety
laugh.gif
wink.gif

I have been resisting the temptation to go with a DBM. But you have changed my mind Mike. Great work! PM inbound.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George Mac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been resisting the temptation to go with a DBM. But you have changed my mind Mike. Great work! PM inbound. </div></div>

Thanks George....I've finished a few rifles with this DBM and really like its performance....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....I've finished a few rifles with this DBM and really like its performance.... </div></div>

Would you like to share pictures of them? Be great to see how they look on a finished rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....I've finished a few rifles with this DBM and really like its performance.... </div></div>

Would you like to share pictures of them? Be great to see how they look on a finished rifle. </div></div>

Here ya go:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2013509#Post2013509

NEED A LA VERSION!

I can't help but notice that it looks like a clone of the Surgeon DBM. Did you start with the Surgeon and add your latch?

Looks nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tyler Moore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NEED A LA VERSION! </div></div>

Working on it....

Although it shares some obvious similarities, the Skunkworks DBM differs significantly and there's also other technology that's exclusive to the Skunkworks design. As well, other DBMs on the market are direct copies of the M5. You can see the Skunkworks DBM as part of a new rifle build here:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2013509#Post2013509

I wish I needed BM just so I could have one!

Looks pretty good, I'm just not a fan of inside the trigger guard controls.....

how hard would it be to inlet a remington 5r short action 308 for this with the hs precsion stock.

Wow! That makes a chub, LOL. I wonder how many pints I'll have to sell to get this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in love! must have for the next build. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: handym3000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how hard would it be to inlet a remington 5r short action 308 for this with the hs precsion stock. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Josh Denny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow! That makes a chub, LOL. I wonder how many pints I'll have to sell to get this? </div></div>

Thanks Guys and inletting the HSP stock isn't bad at all. I generally do it on a manual mill and then bed the DBM.