• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eotech EXPS 3-4 and g33 magnifier

dark_fire49

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2022
Georgia
I got the EXPS 3-4 and G33 magnifier a couple weeks ago. Haven’t shot with yet but played around with the settings. I’m planning on taking it to the range soon. I read on Eotech’s website that the EXPS 3-4 is calibrated for a 14.5” and M855. Does that mean it’s strictly limited to that or can I have variations? I have the optic and magnifier on a 16” AR15. Will the 1.5” difference in barrel length throw off the BDC dots? Is it still useable with a 16” barrel? And if I use M193 instead will it make a big difference? A lot people recommend the Strelok Pro app which I downloaded. I eventually want to take it out to an outdoor range. Lastly, I’m seeing that it’s recommending a 50 yard zero. If I were to do a 25 yard zero how will that change things?

Depends on how far you are trying to shoot. BDC is a suggestion, you will need to make it work for you as long as you spend enough time with it to gather the POI data as reference to the BDC for beyond 300 yards. Within 300, you just need to use that reticle as a red dot or irons. Doesn’t matter what round you use, the difference won’t be that much within 300. 16” will give you a higher muzzle velocity than 14.5” but I really doubt if that’s going to have any significant impact within 300.

TR;DR: just shoot it.

Reactions: dark_fire49
Zero at 50 yards and all the dots are pretty spot on with M193 and a 16” barrel. I think I took mine out to 400-500, and it was spot on.

Does anyone hve the actual measurements for the distance between dots on the 3-2 and the 3-4?

Surprisingly difficult to google. All I come up with is "Use this dot at X distance". Why don't you tell me what the spacing between the dots is and I'll decide for myself what distance to use them at?

Zero at 50 yards and all the dots are pretty spot on with M193 and a 16” barrel. I think I took mine out to 400-500, and it was spot on.
Are you suppose to confirm zero with the optic only first and then zero again with the magnifier? Or can you zero the first time with using both the optic and magnifier? I took it outdoors and looking at a target 50 yards away unmagnified I am having trouble making out the first dot. It kinda looks like a vertical line to me. My biggest concern is accidentally using the bottom 3 dots while trying to zero unmagnified. When I use the 3x magnifier I can see the bdc dots really clear and it works great.

Are you suppose to confirm zero with the optic only first and then zero again with the magnifier? Or can you zero the first time with using both the optic and magnifier? I took it outdoors and looking at a target 50 yards away unmagnified I am having trouble making out the first dot. It kinda looks like a vertical line to me. My biggest concern is accidentally using the bottom 3 dots while trying to zero unmagnified. When I use the 3x magnifier I can see the bdc dots really clear and it works great.

Yes, zero with the magnifier. It obviously zooms your picture but also sharpens the dots.