• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EOtech G45 feedback ?

TacticalPlinker

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012
Anyone out there running this new 5X version ? My main concern is the narrow field of view. The updated 3x G43 On paper has more angular field of view at 7.5°. The 5x G45 is listed at 4.4°.

I'm also interested to see how tight the eye box is at 5X.

https://www.eotechinc.com/eotech-magnifier-g45

All feedback would be greatly appreciated.

TP...

I'm going to go ahead and bump this because I'm also an interested G45 buyer and curious about performance. The only info I've seen has come from folks given pre-production versions for testing purposes by eotech. I had heard that many folks pre-orders were supposed to be shipping around now... So hopefully these will make their way into the wild and we can start getting some additional info.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
I am ready to purchase one but was told they will not be ready until March.

I think it will be an ultimate combo with the sight.

Robb

Reactions: König
I don’t think it’s out yet. Could delay beyond March

What are the differences between the G43 and G33? What does the "more angular fov" mean?

Bump for interest.

I really like the idea of a magnifier that is not made in China, and as a bonus, made in USA.

What are the differences between the G43 and G33? What does the "more angular fov" mean?
It's my understanding that the main difference is the size. The 43 is shorter in length (similar to the Trijicon 3x), which, IMO, makes it a "better" choice (depending on tech specs differences, such as the above mentioned FOV).

Reactions: König
I reached out to EuroOptic regarding their backorder list for the G45. It seems that they haven't been given an indication by EOTech as to when they'll get stock... Not a great sign. Anyone else had any success in getting one, or even finding out an ETA?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Naaman
I reached out to EuroOptic regarding their backorder list for the G45. It seems that they haven't been an indication by EOTech as to when they'll get stock... Not a great sign. Anyone else had any success in getting one, or even finding out an ETA?
That's a bummer.... even though my budget doesn't have room for one right this minute...

Ive had a production model for a couple months, the eyebox to me is slightly more forgiving than my G33 and slightly less than my G43. Of all the magnifiers I prefer the 45 but that's mainly because I have an issue with zeroing non etched glass optics due to my astigmatism. The extra 2 power does make a difference for this. I used one of the G45's last June in a Run and Gun that had targets out to 300 yards and it performed well. In preparation I took it to 300 on 50% IPSC's with no problem at all. Write up is here: https://www.twobluescrews.com/blog/2020-clinton-house-gun-5k-gun-run

Ive had a production model for a couple months, the eyebox to me is slightly more forgiving than my G33 and slightly less than my G43. Of all the magnifiers I prefer the 45 but that's mainly because I have an issue with zeroing non etched glass optics due to my astigmatism. The extra 2 power does make a difference for this. I used one of the G45's last June in a Run and Gun that had targets out to 300 yards and it performed well. In preparation I took it to 300 on 50% IPSC's with no problem at all. Write up is here: https://www.twobluescrews.com/blog/2020-clinton-house-gun-5k-gun-run
Great insights here! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Burdy
What a great article. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Burdy
I haven't yet found any confirmed stock on sites that I've happily transacted on previously and/or that I'm comfortable transacting on currently. I've had friends in less restrictive states (i.e. Texas) then my own say that they've seen some in shops (though I can't really confirm this). Otherwise, I've thought of hopping on the backorder list at EuroOptic.

If you haven't already, you might want to start at EOTech's official dealer list for your area and start making some phone calls. (https://www.eotechinc.com/store-locator)
I haven't heard of any guarantees through any online retailers yet.

I finally have one on order. EOtech has added stock about 3 times to their website over the past couple months and it's selling out within about 15 minutes of the stock notification. I also wasn't given any expectation of a shipping timeline at order confirmation. As soon it's recieved and I can start playing around with it - I'll happily provide feedback.

No idea if these are trickling out to dealers yet.

I finally have one on order. EOtech has added stock about 3 times to their website over the past couple months and it's selling out within about 15 minutes of the stock notification. I also wasn't given any expectation of a shipping timeline at order confirmation. As soon it's recieved and I can start playing around with it - I'll happily provide feedback.

No idea if these are trickling out to dealers yet.

I did see a review on youtube by some place in TX which got two of them earlier this month... of course they sold out right away.

I'm just glad they're back into production. Hopefully, they'll still be available around Christmas time.

Congrats on getting one on order.(y)

Anyone used an Eo 33 or 45 behind an AP T1/2? Asking as I have a T2 on my backup game gun but I'll need some help @ 250-300yds. as my primary has a Gen II-E 1-6 so looking to pull the trigger on a G45 to make the backup more capable & cut a few ozs.