• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eotech Multi-Dot Reticle... specs

Deepwoods

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2013
DC
Can anyone correct/ shed light and/ or confirmation on the following?

I am specifically thinking about the (E)XPS-2 versions. Does anyone know the actual MOA drop/ distance of that second dot.

Ive read that the 300 blk version and the "regular" version are the same reticle, and that the regular one is spec-ed for 62 gr @2900, and the lower dot is 500 yard.

Plugging these into ballistic, using 208 A max 300 blk and 50 yard zero, I get just over 13 MOA drop for 150 yards. For the 5.56 zeroed at 50/200, that 500 yard distance is a just over 12 MOA drop. So those line up pretty well.

However, a Barnes 110 gr super 300 blk, zeroed at 100 shows a 6.9 MOA drop for 300...

This is all theoretical for me at this point. Ive not shot these various loads through these optics, yet.

Eyeing the reticle, the center dot splits the 68 MOA circle in half. And the dropped dot seems it sit slightly less than halfway below the center dot. So that 12-13 MOA drop *seems* reasonable...

Thank you for entertaining my Friday morning math problem...

The EXPS 2-2 and EXPS 300BLK are the exact same reticle. Just a different hood is used during assembly.

Thanks for the response, loveha. That part I understand.

What I am trying to track down is the (MOA) drop/ distance from the center dot to the lower dot. Ideally a definitive spec, vs the guestimation that I demo-ed in the OP.

Last edited:
Stay away from them...they look like ass and aren't needed. Get the -0 which is a 1 moa dot inside a 65moa circle. Eotech is a 0-200 yard optic where it's speed is the main advantage over other options. Just do a 50-200 yard zero and you are good. I bought and sold a couple of the multi dots over the years and each time realized how retarded they are.

If you are doing a 300 cuck....just get a Lpvo.

Too late... lol.

Feel free to correct me, but I don't think subsonic 300 has a 50/ 200 (secondary) zero.

I have a few. I don't disagree that the 2 dot view isn't needed, per se, and is also a bit busy. For now, my 300 blks are more for fun, so there's a bit more leeway for "this is entertainment" vs "this is a no BS tool."

On one upper, the upper dot roughly corresponds to a 50 zero for supers, which the lower roughly works for subs. Roughly being good enough atm for...

My other one is dedicated subs, and the 2 dots just gives some flexibility. As time and use go on, I may shift to a single dot.

I still can't understand how I can't find the drop specs on the reticle.

But if you need anymore evidence that everyone has there own thing, I also like the MRO...