• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eotech Vudu X 2-12

This was not an attempt at an MPVO for people like us on the forum.

I'm sure I wasn't alone in not being aware of what the "vudu-X" and "vudu" differences were....

Anymore, I'm not so sure what "MPVO for 'us'" even means...and if that is even a remotely possible to even please the majority here. Hopefully it would be better than what this place thinks it wants in an LPVO...

Reactions: JS8588
You'd be hard pressed to get a decent MPVO down to that weight at all, let alone with solid reliability and a locking elevation turret. The LPVO's that are regarded for reliability are generally 20oz or a little more and they've got less tube than a MPVO has. Parallax would add some more weight.

I'd think 25oz would be a reasonable goal based on some of the scopes out there, but I'm not an optical engineer.

Reactions: JS8588 and PappyM3
You'd be hard pressed to get a decent MPVO down to that weight at all, let alone with solid reliability and a locking elevation turret. The LPVO's that are regarded for reliability are generally 20oz or a little more and they've got less tube than a MPVO has. Parallax would add some more weight.

I'd think 25oz would be a reasonable goal based on some of the scopes out there, but I'm not an optical engineer.
24oz is my magic number...
For dimensions/specs, here's your bar:
3-18x42 with parallax and illumination and a sizeable turret that's 23.99-24.69oz

I'll even allow 2-12x and i'll skip illumination....1.5lbs is doable.

24oz is my magic number...
For dimensions/specs, here's your bar:
3-18x42 with parallax and illumination and a sizeable turret that's 23.99-24.69oz

I'll even allow 2-12x and i'll skip illumination....1.5lbs is doable.
Looks good to me, although it seems a bit gimmicky at first, I can see real world use in that turret setup as well. It only needs two things, FFP and a useful reticle.

Reactions: dms416
Looks good to me, although it seems a bit gimmicky at first, I can see real world use in that turret setup as well. It only needs two things, FFP and a useful reticle.

The exos turrets they have with the locking feature would work just swell with those additions

They could also back away from the 6/8/10+ magnification erectors trying to cram more zoom into an optic and not only make a more reliable and lighter optic, but also make one that has a much more friendly eyebox and reticles that actually work well in FFP on both ends of the range. I've never understood the need for more than 4-5x erector magnification in a FFP optic, what good is a magnification range if it's unusable?

Reactions: dms416
They could also back away from the 6/8/10+ magnification erectors trying to cram more zoom into an optic and not only make a more reliable and lighter optic, but also make one that has a much more friendly eyebox and reticles that actually work well in FFP on both ends of the range. I've never understood the need for more than 4-5x erector magnification in a FFP optic, what good is a magnification range if it's unusable?
Said this...IDK...12+ years ago when the race for 8x LPVO superiority took S&B the course of 5 SHOT shows, 1 stolen prototype, and them breaking down the Short Dot into 3 separate models... and several posts/threads here to ask:

Why not just make what we can do (in 4,5..maybe 6x depending on who you are) in a smaller, lighter, and/or better package???

Cause I've yet to see a decent 1-10x...and paying $4k for just a "pretty good" 1-8 if fucking stupid.
I'll happily take a perfect 12oz 1-4x and 24oz 3-12x ride into the sunset.

Last edited:
Said this...IDK...12+ years ago when the race for 8x LPVO superiority took S&B the course of 5 SHOT shows, 1 stolen prototype, and them breaking down the Short Dot into 3 separate models... and several posts/threads here to ask:

Why not just make what we can do (in 4,5..maybe 6x depending on who you are) in a smaller, lighter, and/or better package???

Cause I've yet to see a decent 1-10x...and paying $4k for just a "pretty good" 1-8 if fucking stupid.
I'll happily take a perfect 12oz 1-4x and 3-12x ride into the sunset.
Absolutely.
And I’ll take a clear and forgiving 1-4, 1-5 over a NX8 1-8 (tight eye box) or Strike Eagle/PA 1-8 (shit glass)

For Small frame AR
Give me a modernized Leupold VXR patrol with better glass, 16oz-18oz and a 4x erector ratio. Fiber optic illum, a non retarded reticle, capped windage, exposed locking elevation MK5 style turret.
YES!

I'd be happy with a simple mil dot reticle honestly. If we're really getting crazy maybe half mil lines.

Hell of a lot more useful than a BDC or standard duplex.