• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Era Tac adjustable mount?

As it was said earlier it depends on your body type, I weigh about 170 and don't have a bucket head.... You can see in the pic that the cheek rest is more than half way up. Yes, that is a SilencerCo Radius RF on top(on the side in this pic)

View attachment 7546879
what is that thing on the side of the rifle

what is that thing on the side of the rifle

SiCo Radius range finder that is no longer being produced. I was experimenting with different locations before I settled on the ring mount.

20200322_070202.jpg

I am going to order an Eratac mount next week but was also unsure about the height.
It is for an AXMC with full rail.

I have a 21mm Spuhr mount right now so compared to the Eratac 20 or 25mm it will be either 1mm down or 4mm up.

I have played with the numbers in Inventor and with full inclination there is a .116 clearance under the front bell or .065 with a 2.5” sunshade.

This is with a Kahles 525.

However, as @Yerman wrote, the dial nut needs extra clearance when rotating so there is probably not enough clearance with neither a sunshade nor a Tenebraex lens cover.

The 25mm will allow for sunshade and lens cover.

525DLR_inch.jpg

I am going to order an Eratac mount next week but was also unsure about the height.
It is for an AXMC with full rail.

I have a 21mm Spuhr mount right now so compared to the Eratac 20 or 25mm it will be either 1mm down or 4mm up.

I have played with the numbers in Inventor and with full inclination there is a .116 clearance under the front bell or .065 with a 2.5” sunshade.

This is with a Kahles 525.

However, as @Yerman wrote, the dial nut needs extra clearance when rotating so there is probably not enough clearance with neither a sunshade nor a Tenebraex lens cover.

The 25mm will allow for sunshade and lens cover.

View attachment 7714090
I think you answered your own question already, go with the 25mm then :) i never understood the hype about getting the scope down to the last possible mm ;)

The TARAC Series:
Alphas: CQB, in room bore offset, subsonic offset (super to sub or sub to super) built to any barrel, bullet combo. Currently NO other system is faster and retains a higher hit rate than using this with a red dot/holo/ALCAN/LPVO. It is nearly instant in its application.

Delta- looks around your barrel. Not inclination limited.

Charlies- Two versions- both allow greater range before a barrel intercedes the line of sight. Both are fast to apply. The Charlie is capable of north of 800moa when set up correctly. An extreme version with North of 1500moa will be available soon. To clarify this is a mirror system. Rail mount or scope mount. It DOES NOT change shooter positions. Extremely durable.

Bravo- a prism unit. We introduced prism units in 2016 long before anyone else. Both rail mount and scope mount are available. Both 100moa and 30mil are standard with 0-60mil custom. The lightest unit weight <7oz.

Extreme Flexibility: EXAMPLE: Scope ZCO 100moa+ travel. Place a 150moa rail on the gun. Which now sets your zero out there past 1000yds. Invert the Bravo which is offset at 100moa. Inverting the Bravo brings you within a 100yd capable zero. Run the scope. At the end of the travel- remove the Bravo- zero the scope and run it again. At the top of the travel- zero the scope add the Bravo upright and run again. That is 300moa of travel (+) with no gaps. Fast/faster than any mechanical base. Very very repeatable. A custom unit could be built to a greater range.
Youtube- Bravo TARAC.

I am not aware of any systems that go negative - first displayed in 2016.

Price range $889-1500 minus coupon codes.

One thing that a mechanical device cannot do- instantly go to another gun.

Reactions: gnochi
The TARAC Series:
Alphas: CQB, in room bore offset, subsonic offset (super to sub or sub to super) built to any barrel, bullet combo. Currently NO other system is faster and retains a higher hit rate than using this with a red dot/holo/ALCAN/LPVO. It is nearly instant in its application.

Delta- looks around your barrel. Not inclination limited.

Charlies- Two versions- both allow greater range before a barrel intercedes the line of sight. Both are fast to apply. The Charlie is capable of north of 800moa when set up correctly. An extreme version with North of 1500moa will be available soon. To clarify this is a mirror system. Rail mount or scope mount. It DOES NOT change shooter positions. Extremely durable.

Bravo- a prism unit. We introduced prism units in 2016 long before anyone else. Both rail mount and scope mount are available. Both 100moa and 30mil are standard with 0-60mil custom. The lightest unit weight <7oz.

Extreme Flexibility: EXAMPLE: Scope ZCO 100moa+ travel. Place a 150moa rail on the gun. Which now sets your zero out there past 1000yds. Invert the Bravo which is offset at 100moa. Inverting the Bravo brings you within a 100yd capable zero. Run the scope. At the end of the travel- remove the Bravo- zero the scope and run it again. At the top of the travel- zero the scope add the Bravo upright and run again. That is 300moa of travel (+) with no gaps. Fast/faster than any mechanical base. Very very repeatable. A custom unit could be built to a greater range.
Youtube- Bravo TARAC.

I am not aware of any systems that go negative - first displayed in 2016.

Price range $889-1500 minus coupon codes.

One thing that a mechanical device cannot do- instantly go to another gun.
Looking at the equipment list from Ko2M from this year, more shooters use the Charlie (22) than every other solution combined. The eratac (which wants to autocorrect to erratic...) was the most popular of the mechanical bases with 3 shooters using them. I have no personal experience with them but a shooter I spoke with sad he had 400 rounds through his 50 on his before he moved it to his 416 and it was still tracking true. That seems like a longer life than could be historically expected out of a mechanical base but the collective experience has been that the mechanical bases work great right up until they shit the bed with no warning in a competition. They may well have figured out a way of making a durable adjustable base but my faith in that approach is shot.

-Alex