• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Euro presses: Talon vs. Turban vs. Lenzi

memilanuk

F'ing nuke
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2002
    East Wenatchee WA
    Has anyone here managed to put hands on more than one of these bad boys? Kind of curious how they stack up relative to one another.

I don't have anything to add other than I really lust after a Turban 140mm.......I think it's all in the kinematics....linear bearings, finely machined surfaces, tight tolerances. Will probably do nothing to increase precision (or that 99% of shooters cannot outshoot what a Rockchucker or Redding or Forster can do)
    But they are super nice. Talking about the Prazi here, haven't seen the others you mentioned.

Might look at the Area 419 Zero turret press. Made in the USA and will have a second batch of them produced soon. (first batch sold out quick)

Yeah... about the only regrets I've heard owners of Prazipress owners voice is wishing they'd got a 140 instead of the 120. Although I did come across a thread in another forum where a person was having trouble with their custom dies (Harrells, Whidden) not screwing into their Prazi... apparently the custom die makers 'cheated' a little on the thread dimensions to make them fit a little tighter in regular reloading presses... and the threads in the Prazi are precise enough that caused some problems. Apparently Prazi does offer an insert with a slightly looser thread fit for that situation? Definitely an interesting 'problem' to have...

Pretty much 'zero' (hah!) interest in a turret press at this time... looking at presses that take 1-1/4" dies and have larger stroke range for bigger cartridges.

I got all excited with the introduction of the Zero, but with all that mass and leverage they didn’t give it sufficent stroke. The Turban 140 appears to be the ticket for longer cartridges. Talon might be a sleeper at half the price.

I don't have anything to add other than I really lust after a Turban 140mm.......I think it's all in the kinematics....linear bearings, finely machined surfaces, tight tolerances. Will probably do nothing to increase precision (or that 99% of shooters cannot outshoot what a Rockchucker or Redding or Forster can do)
    But they are super nice. Talking about the Prazi here, haven't seen the others you mentioned.
    I have a Zero & Turban 150mm. I use the Zero 300 Win and the Turban from there. This is my new Big Dog stand that Ryan created today.

Attachments

• 55ACF03E-D7BA-4B24-89AF-C24B9AD806D2.jpeg
      55ACF03E-D7BA-4B24-89AF-C24B9AD806D2.jpeg
      298.5 KB · Views: 317