• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Even the mountain hates the bitch!

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    World [h=1]Mount Everest could be more dangerous to climb after earthquake destroys 'Hillary Step'[/h]
    8dd9a4c92e128c201c8b28692d087d18

Climbing Mount Everest could be an even more perilous challenge to overcome after it was confirmed by a mountaineer that the 'Hillary Step' – a famous rock face located near the summit –had been destroyed in the aftermath of an earthquake in Nepal in 2015.

The step owes its name to Edmund Hillary – the first man to conquer world's tallest mountain in 1953. British mountaineer Tim Mosedale has now claimed the latter stages of the climb will now be "tricky to negotiate".

Trending: East Australia: Koalas facing extinction as bulldozing destroys bushland

"It's official - The Hillary Step is no more," said Mosedale.

"Not sure what's going to happen when the snow ridge doesn't form because there's some huge blocks randomly perched hither and thither which will be quite tricky to negotiate."

Don't miss: 50,000-year-old 'Atlantis of the South' discovered in Australia

"It was reported last year, and indeed I climbed it last year, but we weren't sure for certain that 'The Step' had gone because the area was blasted with snow," Mr Mosedale wrote on Facebook.

He concluded: "This year, however, I can report that the chunk of rock named 'The Hillary Step' is definitely not there anymore."

Most popular: How supervolcano bigger than Yellowstone almost wiped out life on Earth before it even got going

Despite the earthquake occurring nearly two years ago, and Mosedale having climbed Everest last year, he admitted it wasn't clear at the time as the area was covered in snow – with him only being able to verify that it had vanished when climbing the mountain this year.

"It was reported last year, and indeed I climbed it last year, but we weren't sure for certain that 'The Step' had gone because the area was blasted with snow," Mr Mosedale wrote on Facebook.

He concluded: "This year, however, I can report that the chunk of rock named 'The Hillary Step' is definitely not there anymore."

724b03ae200e4c4e283e2d6763ff5bfe

There have been signs for years that the zone near the Hillary step could prove a particularly troublesome part of the Everest voyage, with another British mountaineer in Sir Chris Bonington claiming that a delay in climbing the step could endanger lives.

"If it's a perfectly fine day, it doesn't really matter too much if you are delayed for say, an hour and a half, two hours on the Hillary Step, which is just short of the summit.

"If the weather is breaking up, that two-and-a-half hour wait can be a matter of life and death."

0f5425a9b3853ae13b2636040e8f0eca

You may be interested in:

Ah hahhaahahhahahhhahha....

I read that this morning but did not take it quite so far! Too bad the bitch didn't crash down the mountain with Sir Edmund's rock outcrop.

Everest was unkind this year, too. Apparently some one tried to be the oldest to summit (at 80). He'es dead on the mountain. Probably cheaper than a funeral these days.

Well, it's there. Someone has to go up.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: Maggot
    From the picture, it appears the lines are shorter at Disney World. I'll pass on both...

I am not a climber but from what i read Everest is like that. Just get in line. My understanding is K2 is much much harder, alas a few feet shorter so no love from the common man.

Everest was unkind this year, too. Apparently some one tried to be the oldest to summit (at 80). He'es dead on the mountain.

Sirhr

It also took out Ueli Steck three weeks ago. Swiss mountaineer extraordinaire. Went for a 3,000 feet swan dive off the side, with no chute. Seems he was climbing solo, at night/in the dark.......

It was a shame. He was a husband, a good man and an amazing climber. His service was in Interlaken (Berner Oberland) this past weekend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ueli_Steck

Last edited:
    But on a different note

--------------------------------------------[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/a57.foxnews.com\/images.foxnews.com\/content\/fox-news\/world\/2013\/02\/26\/nepal-woman-in-records-books-for-climbing-everest-twice-in-same-climbing-season\/_jcr_content\/par\/featured-media\/media-0.img.jpg\/876\/493\/1422505539331.jpg?ve=1&tl=1"}[/IMG2]

Feb. 25, 2013: Nepalese woman mountaineer Chhurim who has been recognized by Guinness World Records for climbing Mount Everest twice in the same climbing season poses with the certificate issued to her in Katmandu, Nepal. (AP)

KATMANDU, Nepal –

Nepalese mountaineer Chhurim entered the record book by scaling Mount Everest twice in the same climbing season. In fact, she did so a week apart.

Guinness World Records said she is the first woman to climb the world's highest mountain twice in the same season — the brief window of good weather each year that allows climbers to reach the summit.

Nepal's Tourism Minister Posta Bahadur Bogati handed over the Guinness World Records certificate issued to 29-year-old Chhurim on Monday.

She scaled the 29,035-foot summit on May 12, 2012, descended to the base camp for a couple of days' rest and then scaled the peak again a week later on May 19.

It is a sign from god, you know because Hillary was named for Hillary.

Seems I remember that after she claimed to be named after him, someone noticed she was born before he became famous.

Seems I remember that after she claimed to be named after him, someone noticed she was born before he became famous.

Classic. Just like Crazy Uncle Joe telling everyone about how FDR responded to the Pearl Harbor attack by going on TV and delivering an address to the country...

Billary once told audiences that she was named after Sir Edmund, but there was only one small problem with that claim............................Edmund Hillary was a world-class BEEKEEPER at the time of her birth, that nobody had ever heard of!!

I didnt want to start a whole thread so this should work..

[IMG2=JSON]{"alt":"Image may contain: 1 person, smiling","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"449","width":"450","src":"https:\/\/scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net\/v\/t1.0-0\/q81\/s480x480\/13239271_10157023530770093_3600028693583636184_n.jpg?oh=25aa7857ebf26cd2cf155f4cdef1e026&oe=59BCDA22"}[/IMG2]

It also took out Ueli Steck three weeks ago. Swiss mountaineer extraordinaire. Went for a 3,000 feet swan dive off the side, with no chute. Seems he was climbing solo, at night/in the dark.......

It was a shame. He was a husband, a good man and an amazing climber. His service was in Interlaken (Berner Oberland) this past weekend.

[video]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ueli_Steck[/video]

Thanks for mentioning this, I hadn't heard this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk