• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Everyday Carry Blade

Re: Everyday Carry Blade

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dhutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dareposte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EESE Rat 3 - Great carry knife and not quite big enough to raise any eyebrows, but big enough to be very useful.

Also the Kydex sheath that it comes with is amazing. I carry it inverted at 4'oclock if I'm not packing, or 2:30 if I am.

rat3.jpg
</div></div>

How do you like their blades? I was interested in picking up one a while back but held off because of my Tom Halloran. </div></div>

I like it fine, its a thick durable blade and takes an edge all right, mine is made of 1095 Steel so they do rust if you don't keep it oiled. I've heard the D2 steel blades are tougher to sharpen so I went with the 1095.

They've been on sale lately for $63 with a kydex retention sheath and a tek-lok, a very good value and it just wears in and gets better. No regrets on it for a daily carry, I even picked up the RAT4 for a slightly larger field knife which I'm also satisfied with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARCOREY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kershaw Leek non serrated, great little knife for everyday carry with open assist. </div></div>

Used to carry a Spyderco Delica until I found the stainless non-serrated leek. I lost my last one while hunting and almost cried. Got another right away. Love my Kershaw. </div></div>

I have carried a handful of different Spyderco's however once I experienced the open assist on the Kershaw's I never looked back. I'm not allowed to carry a knife at work(company policy) but my Leek serrated 'box cutter' has been on my pocket for ~5 years now. I like it so much I purchased a backup just so I won't have to be without it.

This is what I carried on the job and now while I am in the service. I just keep it touched up once in a while and its razor sharp. Its a Benchmade Axis.

benchmadehk.jpg

Spyderco Military - Black with 30% Serration Blade

Ebay
Spring "assisted"
Free Shipping! (In case ya missed that)
China POS
Sharp enough to do surgery with, and if I lose it or it breaks? Oh well!
Yeah, the pic was from the auction.
laugh.gif

7335RKYC499BT.jpg

Up until about a month ago, it was a Buck folder. Since Father's Day, it's been a Spyderco Rookie.

Spyderco_Rookie__48dbeb4f0667f.jpg

Sebenza! (It means work) Made by Chris Reeve. It may be a little pricey, but you won't wear it out or break it. Holds a razor-edge like you wouldn't believe. Plus; if it gets sloppy you can send it in for overhaul! Only folder you will ever see that comes with the proper allen wrench for disassembly. (for cleaning/ maintenance) I carry one everyday, usually a large regular, or the small with wood inlays that my sweetie gave me.

I have an Emerson mini commander. The wave feature is awesome. I have several others, but I've been using this one for EDC for a couple of years now.

Strider SMF, if you don't go for the price, find a folder where the pocket clip is on the bottom by the pommel so when you pull it out of the pocket, your thumb is on the blade stud.

CRKT M16-14. big tanto point bastage. never feel quite right if i dont have it clipped in my pocket

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sub2.908cm/100m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This...
970600.jpg
</div></div>

i always liked that kershaw and will probably get another..

ive currently got a CRKT 3inch EDC blade on me now.. soon upgrading to a larger version of there m16 line with a 3.5 inch blade

im very happy with my first CRKT knife

Carry a CRKT because they are cheap (inexpensive) and hold an edge for a day or two...saving up my pennies for a Benchmade Stryker.

Spyderco delica or endura, awful hard to beat as robust everyday working knives.

I have not found a more practical EDC knife than a Benchmade 551.
They are light weight, affordable, last forever and have the right steel for pocket knives IMO (154CM).

DSC04480.jpg

Kinda looks goofy, but the Kershaw "Needs Work."

I've bought them for my dad and brother, too.

They don't like it as much as I do.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only guy who carries one!

Microtech Combat Troodon. S30V blade holds an edge and is easily touched up with a diamond hone.

I carry either my Benchmade 705 or 710... depending my level of concern regarding the blade length...

Spyderco Military I midified for tip-up carry RH. Long, lean, lightweight and tough.

Picture courtesy of Collin (not mine):
3720.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wareagle700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have not found a more practical EDC knife than a Benchmade 551.
They are light weight, affordable, last forever and have the right steel for pocket knives IMO (154CM).

DSC04480.jpg

</div></div>

Ive been using this knife with a serrated blade and it has been my favorite knife for years.

I just picked up a Benchmade Snoody HK 14205
great knife for less than $125

Edc now

- Benchmade Mini-Griptilian $75-100
- Spyderco Delica 4 about the same price
(though im adding custom scales
smile.gif
+100
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
001gax.jpg

Depends what day it is. </div></div>

Nice knifes Tucsondave. Is that the one I got to play with?

Microtech Ultratech DE-OTF in Carbon Fiber
MicrotechUTOTF004.jpg

BM 710 & Pimped Spydie Police:
Brend-710-Spydie003.jpg

Better shot of the jeweling I did to her:
KimberWarriorII016.jpg

Also as of late...been carrying my ZT 0350....much better carry than my old 0301!

Currently working on my fixed carry via horizontal carry.

Nice carry blades fellas!

Chris

I just picked up a Spyderco Military as my new EDC. also my 1st Spydie. I am extremely happy with it. Right now I carry it in a Gerber ACU molle sheath and it works out perfect. I have a custom leather sheath on the way for it also.. I plan to get a few more Spydies to add into the rotation. I'll post up some pics later of my EDC's

Benchmade D2 Nitrious Stryker. It is the edition with titanium liners. I thought the D2 may be a problem because of the salt water I'm around daily, but knife has held up well. I still carry an Air SOG that I bought in the early 90's when I fish. Been using that knife in saltwater for 15 yrs offshore, wading, and in the boat...almost perfect for this app.

I wonder how many people who carry a knife have ever had any training in using a blade as a weapon.

Without training, an edged weapon is useful as a letter opener.

Owing a piano doesn't make one a pianist.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how many people who carry a knife have ever had any training in using a blade as a weapon.

</div></div>

I was more afraid of a handgun than a knife (in the hands of someone who knows how to use it) at close range until I took a defensive knife class. WOW, did I ever get my eyes opened!

Your chance of surviving a handgun wound is much higher than surviving a knife attack if the attacker knows much about the human body.

Darin

Lindy,
Housewives around the world have been proving you wrong for centuries on that one. just saying...

Oh.. Benchmade Dejavoo is my EDC folder.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Without training, an edged weapon is useful as a letter opener.</div></div>That's exactly why I carry a letter opener.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Without training, an edged weapon is useful as a letter opener.</div></div>That's exactly why I carry a letter opener.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Going into my Fav quotes...thank you sir....;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how many people who carry a knife have ever had any training in using a blade as a weapon.

</div></div>

Most of us carry a blade as a tool not to be a pianist.

I carry a knife to cut stuff, not to use as a weapon. The only way I'd use a knife in self defense is as a impact weapon as my last ditch.

Might look at Zero-Tolerance assisted open folders. Been carrying one for four years now. Can't say enough about it!

I've been using a SOG Trident for almost five years now. I can honestly say it has saved my life more than a few times. It may not be the best steel out there, but it sure holds an edge.