• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns "Everyday/Everywhere" CCW question

If someone is looking under the stall at you then their not looking for a weapon! Maybe if they see one then they will look elsewhere for their kicks.
Anyway if the need arises I will hold mine in my lap until I'm done with my business!

It should never leave your holster unless its being used...that is how accidents happen. take your pants down and sinch your belt around your knees or slightly below and that will solve the problem

I carry my glock 33 in a OWB Garrett Industries Silent Thunder STX. Whenever I have to sit on a toilet I place my holstered pistol down my pants leg while I'm doing my business. Gun stays concealed, no fuss, no muss. I agree its not a good idea to place it on the TP holder or leave it on your belt because some stalls may allow for an easy grab if someone is beside you. I try not to draw any attention to myself or my concealed sidearm at anytime. Generally speaking, I will try to find the handicapped stall to use because it allows a little more space to move around while handling gear. BTW, try to keep your pants no lower than your knees so your gun remains concealed. When regearing up, I'll remove the holstered pistol from my pants leg and place it in the handicap hand rail...usually where the rail meets up with the stall's privacy wall. This provides a little more security so that the gun doesn't accidently fall in the floor while I'm pulling up my pants. At that point, just regear and carry on with your day!! Hope this helps. This is definitely an issue anyone who carries on a normal basis will have to deal with at some point or another...like it or not. It goes with the territory.

Chad

We've had this conversation more than once on one of our local forums and a friend of mine who is also a CCW instructor once was in a hurry and left his carry gun in the stall. Very embarrassed. He, wanting to be responsible called the local PD and told them what happened and they went and found the gun where it was left. I also used to take the gun out of my holster while doing business however after that I started practicing at home leaving it in my holster and covering it with my shorts. That's the best and safest way however care has to be taken while pulling up your britches. If you have to take the gun out while doing your business by all means put it in your pocket or somewhere where you won't leave it for a kid to find. While doing a lot of driving I usually carry in a Remora cross draw for comfort and when I do that I stick the gun and holster in my pocket or down my pant leg against my boot. I carry a G17 so it's really no smaller than your 1911.
I read where some people hang them by the trigger guard on the stall door. Wow, what an accident looking for a place to happen. People, myself included, never think that an AD can happen to them or I would never leave my carry gun in the stall, on the top of the car, etc but it only takes a second and one distraction then it's hard to forgive yourself. I'm not judging or chastising but think about the consequences of a gun falling off the tp dispenser and going off or leaving your gun in a stall before it happens. Practice at home before trying it in public.

Good topic. The OP had me laughing because I have experienced the same thing. Most of the time, when I take a dump, it goes in pants around my ankles.

Ok,

I carry as close to 100% as possible...

I usually carry a g-23 or a g-22 in a iwb bianchi holster...think it's size100 but too lazy to reach over to the nitestand.

So, I've done all the tricks...biggest thing I've done when I went iwb was to step up one pant size to a 38" waist...

So, if my sidearm is missing...my pants be fallin...

Never ever had an issue with leaving a weapon unattended...but won't ever after his...it's almost impossible to...

B

P.s. I've carried a glock now for pert near 20 years...ouch!

And to think I usd to be a 1911 guy!

I keep it in the holster it lays down with my pants and ya dont see much of it anyway...just pull your tighty whiteys over and cover it up if you are that worried that the guy next to you is bent over looking at your feet....... something else!

Anyone else having trouble with their posts not showing up ? I replied to this thread last week and it isn't here now ?

Anyhow, I've changed up my carry/travel routine. If I'm out and about and not on the road, I still carry a full size pistol(HK45 now). I picked up a Khar CW9 for the short trips into convenience stores or rest stops. It's small enough that I can appendix carry it without a holster. Works well for hot days when I'm not wearing a shirt that'll cover my full size pistol fully. Still follow the regular routine for placement during duece dropping. Been running into a lot of composite, stone, or even austenitic stainless stall walls, so that magnet isn't the cover-all solution.

To the guy that says a pistol should "never" leave the holster unless it's being used: There's no way you carry everyday. Get out there and carry everywhere you go. Go take some shits too. . . .while you're carrying a full size pistol in a safariland thumb break, a spare mag, a knife and your keys/cash/change.

Actually i do carry every day every where i go, I carry a government size 1911, and two mags, a knife keys everything anybody else carries. I carry IWB and have never had a problem leaving it in the holster doing my business or anything else. as i stated earlier, latch your belt around your knees and it won't leave and you can do your business just fine. When your gun leaves your holster, it gives the chance for a booboo to happen and a possibility for an AD.