• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

excellent portable shooting table I put together

Burt, Sogan:

Well, if Snipers Hide has email alerts when some one responds to a thread, I did't have it activated. This thread grew legs and I didn't know.

Sorry for no response.

For better or worse, I don't go out shooting that much (110 miles to that site), so I haven't done any mods. I have a ton of other projects and work hectic job.

I like the clamp idea for transport- and you could find best balance and positioning. I balanced for gravity, teeter-totter. I sanded and rounded all edges- then painted with light gray Kilz primer. Needs some type of surface to keep cases from rolling. But then harder to clean when you spill solvents. And a cut out as carry handle.

Reactions: Burt Burrell
Thanks Kip. I stained my table top. I drilled a hole through the table top and saw horse and attach the two with two long bolts and wing nuts. the bolt heads are countersunk 1/4th inch to make make them level with the table top when installed. I purchased a rubber matt with carpet on one side from home depot and cut to fit the top of the table and then used screws/washers around the edge to secure to the table top. It takes about two minutes to set up and tear down. No carry handle in mine. The carpet/mat top does not move around and gives a good surface to shoot off of. Note: I tried to use carpet tape to secure the matt to the table, but there was not a good enough hold. I thought about gluing down, but used the small screws instead so that I could replace in the future if I wanted to. So far, so good. Thank you for your original ideas and for getting back to us. Burt

Spray it with Flex Seal or an aerosol can of bed liner. It will be waterproof and non-skid. Lay yourself a piece of carpet on it and you are ready to go. Really a nice inexpensive transportable bench. What a great idea!