• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Experience with Apex Handguards?

C4MC

Cash 4 Motorcycles
Minuteman
Anyone used the Apex Handguard system? I really like the weight, functionality and look of these but there is not much information out there about them. If you have one please let me know what your thoughts are after owning it for a while.

Re: Experience with Apex Handguards?

I run it on my MA-TEN and have sold 6 or so. I like my customers love them!!!! IMHO it is one of the best on the market.

The size, gripping and built in sling mounts work perfect. I will be running it in a match in 2 weeks

DSCN0042.jpg

Apex makes these for Blackheart. It is without a doubt one of the best, rock solid and excellent feel.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have found a little information online but I like to hear what people on the hide think about different products.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run it on my MA-TEN and have sold 6 or so. I like my customers love them!!!! IMHO it is one of the best on the market.

The size, gripping and built in sling mounts work perfect. I will be running it in a match in 2 weeks </div></div>

I don't plan to compete in any matches but I am curious to hear your comments after you use it for that application. Keep us posted.

I have one on my 6.5 Creedmoor. My opinion is that it is one of the best available. It is very light and is rock solid. I really like having the sling points built in as that saves weight and cost. Installation was smooth and the directions were concise.

I have shot that gun in one competition thus far and it functioned flawlessly.

I like the feel of mine. I have a rifle length on a 14" barrel with welded flash suppressor. It looks nice and it feels great. It's a little noisy if you thump it with your finger. It sort of rings like a tuning fork. but that is of little concern to me.

Just finished installing the Apex Gator handguard on my MA-TEN build. Easy installation, robust locking system, Very lightweight and slim, and room to mount rails in multiple positions. I installed just one rail- a 2" at 6 o'clock for my Harris bipod rail adapter. Love the handguard!

I agree I run them on booth my AR platforms and have sold a fair amount to folks and everyone seems to love them. The right diameter, built in QD mounts and the agressive grip plus 15" option

I liked the midlength on my MATEN so much I bought a second one for another build from bbshooting.com (Branson). They're light, solid and come with QD mounting holes.

I can only +1 what's already been said. I love mine - light, solid, good grip feel, and nice and narrow.

Love it. I use a bunch of different handguards, to include JP/VTAC, Troy/VTAC, Troy TRX Extreme, MI SS Gen II, and the Apex. What I like about the Apex is:

* Compatibility with standard barrel nut and ease of installation
* 2" ID for most gas block and suppressor clearance
* Integral QD sockets for swivels at 4 locations
* The Gator Grip texturing
* Threaded for sling swivel stud (bipod mount) at 6 o'clock

I Cerakoted mine, along with the rest of my 6.5 Grendel, before installing it.

GrendelCarbine.jpg

2012-05-29173008.jpg

2012-05-29172741.jpg

Same as above love mine!it's on my dpms lr308. Ire ally like the grip texture it's just the right amount to me not too course and the diameter fits my hand well. I also like the fact that they offer the proper rail height for the newer dpms rails since the changed heights. You will not be disappointed.