• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Expert marksman?

HitEmHard

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2004
San Antonio, TX
Howdy,
So my buddy just got expert marksman and advanced swimming at USMC boot camp. Is this something special, or just a notation that he isn't a complete novice? He's also staying an extra week at Pendleton for some sort of training. I think it's week 8 or 9 now? Anyway just curious. Thanks.

D

I got expert marksman and advanced swimming as well. The shooting didn't surprise me or my coach. However, I was a terrible swimmer. My Marine buddies told me before basic training the first day of swimming was the most important of the swimming week and do it exactly as they say. So, I did exactly that, followed every instruction perfectly. Every stroke the whole day was calculated and exactly as they instructed. For the rest of the swimming week, a handful of us didn't have to go to the pool. They had us picking up garbage for the rest of the week. At least we were away from the DI's. The "extra week," I have no idea. I went through in 1986.

Shooting Expert at the Edson isnt really that hard for someone who is willing to listen to their PMIs and Coaches. It requires you to score 305 out of 350 possible points. Even recruits qualify now with ACOGs which a bunch of people find much easier at distance. Personally I miss my old carry handle and irons. As for the extra week at Pendleton, he is likely in the last platoon of his company who stays behind while the rest of the company returns to the depot to do miscellaneous bullshit duties which they call Interior Guard. Eventually he will come to cal this duty/fire watch/or fuck fuck games.