• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Exporting a firearm

Timo Turl

Minuteman
May 24, 2010
Any FFLs on here that are able to help obtain the permits to export a rifle to the U.K ? I’m having one built in the US and it should be completed shortly so am keen to start the process. Thx

Hi,

There are not many non Type 7 FFLs that are going to be able to help you. BUT the gunsmith that is building your rifle should be registered with DDTC and able to submit the export license for you.
Typically firearm exporting companies have a set fee for handling the export license process paperwork but some have a minimum fee or % of shipment value..whichever is greater.
Then you are going to have shipping...this is where you will need to keep an eye out in regards to the shipping fees. Some airlines require firearms to be put into wooden crates and some do not. This will cause the freight forwarder to charge more due to the weight if they book on an airline that requires wooden crates.

FYI: Whomever you get to file the export license for you is going to need the following:
1. Import License from your end.
2. Signed Purchase Order.
3. Signed DSP-83.
4. Signed End User Statement from you.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Thanks Theis. I’ve done this once before but the exporter I used is no longer in business and my FFL doesn’t feel comfortable going through the State application process/quite a lot of paperwork.

Did you bother trying Google? The exporter you had wasn't the only one out there.

Did you bother trying Google? The exporter you had wasn't the only one out there.
Thanks for the useless smartsss comment. As it happens, I value a Hide recommendation and thought I’d see if anyone on here had one they’d recommend, or even if one who supports the site might see my post themselves.

Now can I suggest you crawl back under the bridge that you came from before you embarrass yourself further. Twat.

"Thanks for the useless smartsss comment. As it happens, I value a Hide recommendation and thought I’d see if anyone on here had one they’d recommend, or even if one who supports the site might see my post themselves.

Now can I suggest you crawl back under the bridge that you came from before you embarrass yourself further. Twat "

I take it you didn't bother to use Google. If you feel more comfortable using an exporter recommended by someone you don't know have at it. In the end... ALL exporters do the same thing. The law mandates how to do it. One doesn't do it any different than the others. They cannot. Their fees may differ but nothing else.

I take it you didn't bother to use Google. If you feel more comfortable using an exporter recommended by someone you don't know have at it.
So a hide member is a stranger but someone from a quick google result is somehow any less of an internet stranger?

In the end... ALL exporters do the same thing. The law mandates how to do it. One doesn't do it any different than the others. They cannot. Their fees may differ but nothing else.
Some also fuck people over. http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/trouble-with-exporter.3923864/

Just like you I also dont have any idea on who to use but Im also not going to tell you to fuck off and not ask the question here.

Hi,

@TJC
I do not personally know anyone that has used them but Hurricane Butterfly Research has given a few speeches on firearm exporting at NDIA (National Defense Industrial Association) in the past several years.

Sincerely,
Theis

"Some also fuck people over. http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/trouble-with-exporter.3923864/ "

Many people here have been fucked over by many other people here. Your argument is worthless. The OP could easily PM someone like Chad that have surly exported rifles and ask who he recommends but I wouldn't expect Chad to answer. The OP has known that he was exporting the rifle before commissioning the build. He should of hired the smith to deliver the rifle to the UK before getting in bed with him. He is more interested in calling people names than admitting his mistakes.

I had the same question, used Google, and this thread came up in the search results.

Does that count?

?

I have dealt with several importers over the years. Customs brokers etc. I would guess that those folks could reverse the process.
If you have no other leads I suggest with a customs broker to point you in the right direction. Sorry, I no longer have contact with any of these folks as it was years ago.

Hi,

@rth1800
Sadly exporting is not as easy as importing and most Customs brokers are not ITAR registered/licensed so that cannot even submit the export paperwork to DDTC.
When importing the Customs broker only needs the Form 6 from BATFE...exporting requires Department of State DSP-5 for the permanent exportation of firearms.

Sincerely,
Theis