• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Exposed windage turret for MK5?

tlsmith22

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
ALABAMA
I saw on another thread some guys talking abt getting a windage turret from an MK8 to run on the MK5 so it would be an exposed turret setup. I can’t seem to find that thread I read that on to ask the guys. I called Leupold and they seemed extremely clueless abt it. It seems the guys on here knew what they were talking abt though because they said it cost them like $40. Anyone done that?

I saw on another thread some guys talking abt getting a windage turret from an MK8 to run on the MK5 so it would be an exposed turret setup. I can’t seem to find that thread I read that on to ask the guys. I called Leupold and they seemed extremely clueless abt it. It seems the guys on here knew what they were talking abt though because they said it cost them like $40. Anyone done that?

Call and tell them you want to purchase a mk8 windage turret. I wouldn’t bother saying what, why, or how you want it. That just confuses customer service I’m sure. They probably don’t have much of an idea what’s going on as Leupold has a ton of optics.

DE0C0659-600B-4874-9489-3EA382980C46.jpeg

Reactions: RS14
Ah, is there any reason to not just unscrew the windage turret cover and leave it at home?

• Love
Reactions: 1911hombre
Ah, is there any reason to not just unscrew the windage turret cover and leave it at home?

Easier to read and turn than the small turret under the cap.

Dialing wind before a stage as well as on the clock is becoming more prevalent.

Reactions: Baron23
Lol, not my rifle. But ya, it definitely ain’t easier. Not sure who thought it was. Maybe sitting at a bench or looking down.

• Love
This is the info I was given by the rep.

“Yeah you’ll have to call in to our Tech Services to order it. Part # 172857. It’s probably backordered currently.

You’ll have to take the flat oring off that’s under the treads of the windage cap on the Mark5.”

EL OH EL. Leupold went to all that brainstrain to come up with a reference mark that is easier (?) to line up while behind the rifle and you stubborn old coots won't have it.
More like “Leupold tried their damnedest to create a stupid gimmick to differentiate their scope and everyone saw through it.” That thing is harder to read and everyone knows it, and I bought one of the things.

• Haha
I just used a scribe and made a mark through the threads so I can actually figure out where my windage 0 is located. Not enough to mangle the turret cap threads, but enough to scratch through the anodizing so I have a nice shiny line. I love the Mk5, but yeah, that windage mark is dumb.

Reactions: inkballedtarget
I just used a scribe and made a mark through the threads so I can actually figure out where my windage 0 is located. Not enough to mangle the turret cap threads, but enough to scratch through the anodizing so I have a nice shiny line. I love the Mk5, but yeah, that windage mark is dumb.
I did the same, I took a fine paint pen and put a hash between the R and the arrow, that’s basically the center point. It works well.