• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision External Battery with REAP-IRE MKII 60mm

240nmc

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2013
North Carolina
I got this from the Battery Eliminator Store and they made me a 12 inch cable instead of the standard 3 foot cable. I've tried it out and can't get it to power up my Reap-IR. I can power up the scope with a single CR123 and of course the double CR123s. I tested the BES setup and it outputs 3.6v and using an Ever Ready 15000mAh battery. Not sure what's happening and will fool with it some more. I thought if I can get it to work, I'd ask them to make a double battery setup and use a more rugged cable as this is not weatherproof as it's made.

Any feedback on why this might be powering up the thermal would be great. I know I'm getting contact but I have cranked the batter compartment doors all the way down yet. If I could get this working, I'd try to order/make another battery door so if I screw this one up by notching it for the cable, I have a spare.

Attachments

• tempImageCuAlNk.png
    tempImageCuAlNk.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 67
Trijicon has a weird voltage cutoff somewhere between 3.5-4.5V, so if the input voltage is within this range the device won't work. It sounds like the adapter you’ve got is down regulating the voltage, but not low enough so it’s right within that range.

For type 2, the two CR123A are connected in parallel, supplying the nominal CR123A voltage which is ~3V, and the device shows one battery icon on the screen. The device also support 5~6V input, and will recognize it as two batteries setup like type 2, and show it accordingly on the display.

So the dummy battery should really just pass the full 5V from a USB power bank to the unit, of which the device will think it has two CR123a in series powering it.

Last edited:
Trijicon has a weird voltage cutoff somewhere between 3.5-4.5V, so if the input voltage is within this range the device won't work. It sounds like the adapter you’ve got is down regulating the voltage, but not low enough so it’s right within that range.

For type 2, the two CR123A are connected in parallel, supplying the nominal CR123A voltage which is ~3V, and the device shows one battery icon on the screen. The device also support 5~6V input, and will recognize it as two batteries setup like type 2, and show it accordingly on the display.

So the dummy battery should really just pass the full 5V from a USB power bank to the unit, of which the device will think it has two CR123a in series powering it.

I make a replacement cover for it that's waterproof, but you can also see a little more detail about this behavior on the product description:

Thanks for the education and I will order one of your covers. Just unloaded a bunch of 350 Legend ammo and a couple of uppers so I have funds available!

Order Placed!

Reactions: derek1ee
I received my external battery set up from Derek yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised by the build quality! I was expecting a 3d printed plastic replacement door and I was wrong. The door is machined aluminum, anodized black, with screws hardware and worthy of an OEM accessory. The price represents the quality of the product and while $250 seems high, once you see this thing, and understand the time to manufacture it, it’s a good price.

I’ll be setting it up this afternoon and back out to hunt hogs tonight. Was out last night till 10pm but hogs came in at midnight and 2am.

Now I need to sent a durable battery mount. It would be great to get a pictinny rail mount with a battery strap…. Going to go through the box of “all things extra from here and there” that we all have and see what I come up with.

Thanks again to the members and people running this site. You always get good feedback here!

I received my external battery set up from Derek yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised by the build quality! I was expecting a 3d printed plastic replacement door and I was wrong. The door is machined aluminum, anodized black, with screws hardware and worthy of an OEM accessory. The price represents the quality of the product and while $250 seems high, once you see this thing, and understand the time to manufacture it, it’s a good price.

I’ll be setting it up this afternoon and back out to hunt hogs tonight. Was out last night till 10pm but hogs came in at midnight and 2am.

Now I need to sent a durable battery mount. It would be great to get a pictinny rail mount with a battery strap…. Going to go through the box of “all things extra from here and there” that we all have and see what I come up with.

Thanks again to the members and people running this site. You always get good feedback here!

I know a few people using this one from TNVC: https://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-thermal-remote-battery-trb/

Here's a photo from Nick:

Here it is and hooked up to a 26,800 mAh battery. Plenty of juice. Also in the stand waiting on the evening hunt. Shot a pair of hogs that night. I will add a set of Velcro straps so I can swap batteries if needed in the field. Right now it‘s held on with Gorilla tape and I used a mount off an Sig Romeo red dot.

Attachments

• BC746D17-F279-4A19-B703-2C8766EF56FB.jpeg
    BC746D17-F279-4A19-B703-2C8766EF56FB.jpeg
    303.8 KB · Views: 57
  • AC802C20-551C-4DAA-A02A-95DE20FF7052.jpeg
    AC802C20-551C-4DAA-A02A-95DE20FF7052.jpeg
    386.3 KB · Views: 60
  • D9AA4375-D505-4785-8D78-64E65DC4EB29.jpeg
    D9AA4375-D505-4785-8D78-64E65DC4EB29.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 56