• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

F and D defense

09kale

Private
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2012
Has anybody received their rifle, I have been waiting since May-June time frame and was told Oct to early Nov, well now its almost the end of Dec and with all these anti gun liberals going nuts I'm starting to worry about my order

Re: F and D defense

Gets done when it gets done.
I have one pace at which I work... "my own pace".

Ive have hundreds of calls and emails this week, of which I have answered only 3 or 4. If I am answering these questions then that means I am not building rifles (like right now).

With that said, there are no guaranteed delivery dates for anyone; that is made apparent in the ordering terms. I do my best to build as fast as I can. In that regard, F&D Defense is manufacturing more in-house parts that go into these rifles than any other manufacturer can claim. That means more work. And this is all done by one person. That is why there are no guaranteed delivery dates, only a best-guess estimate.

As stated before, it depends at what point in a production batch you placed your order, and that will determine how long you wait. I can not tell you where you are in a production batch because the numbers change almost daily depending on many uncontrollable variables which cannot be predicted. So "best-guess" will remain the standard for estimating delivery for new orders.

For existing orders I can not make guesses on the fly, as they can never be accurate. I will use up too much time that should be spent behind the machines or in the assembly room.

Lastly, I do not base my production schedule on what the government may or may not do. I always run at 100% capacity regardless. There is nothing that can be said or pleaded that will make me work any quicker, it can only slow me down.

I will email or call you when its getting close. Until then, assume its not close.

My apologies for the harshness, buts that's just the way it is.

I totally understand your worries. It took me 10 months to get my F&D and it was well worth it. It is a impressive gun. I can almost promise you will not be disappointed. Good luck

I apologize Mr.Hall for any inconvenience , I just get a little worried about things sometimes especially when it comes to money.

On a side note does the rifle come with a 20 round magazine or am I gonna have to lock that down real soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burnout</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I apologize Mr.Hall for any inconvenience , I just get a little worried about things sometimes especially when it comes to money.

On a side note does the rifle come with a 20 round magazine or am I gonna have to lock that down real soon. </div></div>

You don't have to apologize, I'de be worried too. In fact, I am worried. I have 6 years of work and all funds earned since then and before tied up into this, without having "taken anything home" so-to-speak.

It comes with a Magpul magazine.

Keeping fingers crossed that the pandering politicians don't get thru any large obstacles that hurt you, or any small (hell, even larger) custom manufacturers. Magazines can be dealt with on our own.

To O.P. Just gotta have faith and be in it for the long haul. That is where I am. Get on some Pmag B.O. lists with reputable dealers if you can.

"Warning Statement

Possessing and operating F&D firearms may cause: Increased Aggression, Suicidal Behavior, Aggitation, Hostility, Mania, Confusional State, Panic-Attacks, and Impulse-Control Disorder. Such symptoms may occur rarely to frequently while severity may be mild to extreme. If you notice any of these symptoms do not stop using your firearm, as doing so may cause conditions to worsen. Instead, please contact any local law enforcement agency for immediate assistance."

??????????????????

I go to the web site and ogle the photos. Get goosebumps. It helps.

Got mine today. Just over one year since I placed my order. It looks and feels like the wait was worth it. I will post my live fire impressions as soon as I can sneak out the back door with a pile of ammo. I will say that the crew down at the local gun shop who handled the transfer for me, a pretty jaded bunch of know-it-alls, went into full court press geek mode when we un-boxed it. They declared it the coolest thing they've seen in their store this month.

I received mine yesterday. #43. It is very fine. As well made or better than any rifle I own.Thanks to the Hide member that posted the site, whoever you are, that led me to it.It has been posted that the gun shoots dog nuts, so I have no reason to repeat. In any event , I am ass deep in snow[literally], so any testing is postponed to about March.I look forward to getting the 338LM.

Sorry. I took a photo to text to my son. Poor. The pics on F&D site are awesome. I have an Atlas bipod on it and will probably get a Trijicon TARS when I can.I borrowed my son's Leupold CQC to do the barrel break-in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Warning Statement

Possessing and operating F&D firearms may cause: Increased Aggression, Suicidal Behavior, Aggitation, Hostility, Mania, Confusional State, Panic-Attacks, and Impulse-Control Disorder. Such symptoms may occur rarely to frequently while severity may be mild to extreme. If you notice any of these symptoms do not stop using your firearm, as doing so may cause conditions to worsen. Instead, please contact any local law enforcement agency for immediate assistance."

??????????????????
</div></div>

I had the same reaction when I went to their site and read this. Not sure it portrays the best image. I Don't think I want to own a firearm that makes me suicidal. Maybe you pay all that cash and wait a year and the thing is a pile of garbage. That could make one suicidal, agitated, hostile and panicked I suppose.

The warning statement is intended to illicit some thought into the true reasons people do ignorant things... i.e. mass shootings.

Please tell me where else you will find such a warning label? I copied it nearly verbatim from another product being sold and used by tens of millions of people in the US...

I'm not even slightly concerned with what image it portrays. And it's about time some of our businesses (not just firearms industry) stop worrying solely about image or bottom line, and start using their mediums to induce thought provoking substance.

If the [grotesquely sarcastic] warning statement went completely over your head, then its time to go pop another pill...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1236</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry. The pics on F&D site are awesome. </div></div>

Oh, I know that only too well as the Gallery now shows up automatically on my browser.

Just wanting to see something in the wild....when you get a chance.

Progress reports even better, but I know, the weather suck up here too.

Mr. Hall I have the utmost respect for you, you have taken a lot of hits in this forum and yet you still keep it professional. I love it when anyone says it like it is. Good luck in the future.

# 44 Arrived this afternoon. I have a lot of work ahead of me to get it completely outfitted the way I want, but I am very excited to have it in my possession.

102_1360_zpsdb358fd0.jpg