• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition F/class F/TR

havnfun

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2014
I am new to the form, and enjoying the info swap. I just had a 6.5x47 built for F/open. The load I use is good but I'm reading good things about RX17. Has anyone used RX17 in a 6.5x47?
I'm not what amount of powder to start my workup. I'm thinking about starting with 37grs with a 136 gr bullet, CCI#41 primer.

Why does your topic header say F-TR? this question is all about F-Open

That said, everyone I know who has used Rx17 has gotten great velocity, but they have also quit using it in competition due to the extreme temperature sensitivity. YMMV

Why does your topic header say F-TR? this question is all about F-Open

That said, everyone I know who has used Rx17 has gotten great velocity, but they have also quit using it in competition due to the extreme temperature sensitivity. YMMV

+1.......Stick with the temp stable powders and be happy, i had to learn this the hard way......Accuracy and consistency beats velocity.