• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes F-Class Glass???

Re: F-Class Glass???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jedi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I currently shoot 12-42NF br

most consider this the defacto standard for F class

However
I also have a great fondness for sightron scopes, amazing value for money, glass IMO as GOOD as NF

The Just released 10-50 would be perfect
thou not just me that has a high opinion of these scopes

So if was buying now Sightron SIII 8-32 or 10-50 </div></div>

Dead on Jedi. The NF BR really dominates. Another thing that is not often discussed, and just as important is the reticle. I preferred the NP2DD, as it gave the most open FOV for reading wind and mirage with virtually no reticle.

Re: F-Class Glass???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom;
My experience tells me that a scope of moderate optical quality, 1" tube, 40-42mm objective, and in the 6-24X variable magnification range, will be clearly adequate for F Class shooting at all the required F Class distances.
Greg </div></div>
+1 on Greg's entire quote. Get a NF if you are dedicated and have the dough. I chose a Weaver fixed T-24 for about $350. Great value and it tracks perfectly. Super little scope that makes me very competitive. I'm a NF guy, so my comments on the Weaver are not given lightly.