• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition F-Class Midrange League Eastern Nebraska Gun Club

gstaylorg

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2010
San Diego, CA
Hi all, I'm posting this here for the Match Director of my former gun club in Omaha, NE. For the first time at ENGC, F-Class shooters will have a separate NRA-approved Midrange League of their own. These matches will consist of 3x20 rounds @ 600 yd. ENGC is an extremely nice facility and they put on some great matches, so any interested F-Class shooters should look into it.

The inaugural F-Class League match will be held Saturday, May 26th, with others to follow monthly. For more information, go to the following link and click on"F-Class Prone League":

http://www.highpowerinnebraska.com/Pages/2012MatchSchedule.aspx

I'll be flying out from San Diego to attend this first match, so I hope to see some of you there!

Re: F-Class Midrange League Eastern Nebraska Gun Club

I should be there as well. I met you at ENGC last fall. Look forward to it.

I remember well. Weren't you running a Tac Ops? That's what I seem to recall, anyhow. There should be a good turnout. They had something like 25-30 people at an F-Class clinic about a month ago. Should be a pretty good mix of F-T/R and Open shooters. See you next week.

I sold the Tac Ops 2 months ago and got an AE MKIII, so thats what i'll be running.

Well, the inaugural F-Class Midrange League match at Eastern Nebraska Gun Club is in the books. We had a total of 27 competitors; 11 in F-Open, and 16 in F-T/R. Many of these were first-time competitors, and also including several juniors and a lady shooter. There were a really wide range of competitors and skill levels present at this first competition. The weather was decent, a little on the warm side being right at 100 degrees F by the time the match was finished. However, it was slightly overcast and didn't feel that bad.

The wind was a different story and was probably the strongest I've seen at ENGC. Matches 1 and 2 had highly variable wind speeds ranging from 1-2 mph up to 6-8 mph from 3:00-5:00. By the 3rd match, the wind had increased to 12-15 mph with gusts well over 20 mph and was fishtailing from 4:00 to 7:00. As a result, most competitors shot better scores in the first two matches.

With the help of Gene Krepela, match director Herb McClannan put on an absolutely exceptional program for the competitors. We enjoyed all brand new targets, ammo boxes with complete new sets of scoring disks and pasters, and tried out new smaller (~ 12-14") F-Class target center replacements for the first time. FWIW, these smaller target center replacements worked amazingly well. They were so much easier to paste over the previous targets, especially in the high wind, than the larger target center replacements we had used in the past.

After the match, Herb's wife Julie did an amazing job not only tabulating the scores, but also provided us with delicious home-made pulled-pork barbecue, chips, and cookies. All in all, the match ran like clockwork and everyone enjoyed a fantastic day of competition. As I mentioned in the original post, anyone in the Nebraska/Iowa/Missouri area inyerested in attending the new F-Class League events, you can find more information by following the "F-Class Prone League" link here:

http://www.highpowerinnebraska.com/Pages/2012MatchSchedule.aspx

So if you have a rifle/scope setup and you've ever thought about trying out F-Class and are in the area, you should think about attending one of these events. You will meet a wide range of good folks and have the opportunity to participate in a really well-run mid-range competition. Below are the final tabulated scores from this event.

F-Class.jpg

It was a good shoot. A lot of new shooters. The match ran smooth. A few shooters I haven't seen for a couple of years. They are building a new pad and canopy. When done should be very nice.
This is a great place to shoot in this area. If you are in Iowa, or Kansas City area. It is only a couple of hours to the Omaha area. I have shot with some shooters at Big Pinney and really think you guys would like the match. It is about the same drive maybe a little shorter from K.C.
Herb and Gene did a great job.

Rich

I am near Big Piney and would consider making the trip up to shoot this match. Make sure to remind us as the next matches come along.

I will post the dates of the matches coming up. There are the last weekend of the month. I will get dates posted.

Rich

The link I posted above to Highpower in Nebraska has the season calendar and a link to the F-Class Midrange Prone events info if you want to check it out in advance of the match dates.

There is a lot of interest in the match. I would contact Herb about pre-resgisteration. He can email a form.

I'm going to be up in Kansas attending a Wedding on 21 July. I'll hang out and head up for the 28 July Match.... Sounds awesome......

Ken

This month match on <span style="color: #CC0000">Saturday, June 23, 2012 F-Class</span>. Last match had around 27 shooters.
This is a good range. There is some road construction this month. Will need to come in on HWY 75 to 66.

From the match director:

"For those who weren’t there, a quick recap. The day started out cool and rainy with some embedded thunderstorms, but these moved through and it began clearing about 10am. We got a late start about 10:30am and were able to complete the entire match by 4pm. Range conditions were primitive again, while still awaiting completion of the final grading and gravel. There was mud in all directions and we ended shooting off the concrete under the new cover. With only a few minor glitches, this worked remarkably well. Wind was a factor again similar to last month with a stiff fishtailing breeze from 6 o’clock. There were 23 competitors with 9 open class shooters and 14 F/TR. Once again we had competitors from other regions, including Kearney and Des Moines and from South Dakota and Missouri.

Thanks to all who came out, and to the rest of you, mark your calendars for July 28th.

Herb"

ENGCResults.jpg

Match coming up this weekend. Should be a hot one. The canopy is built which will help with shade.

Date Saturday, July 28, 2012 check in is 7:30 to : 8:30 AM.

I will be there. This will be my first match, ever, with any firearm. Really looking forward to it.

Will you be shooting F-T/R or Open? In any event, go get 'em! Have a great time, ENGC puts on awesome matches, and I'm sure you'll learn a lot.

This will be my first match with the Nebraska group..... shot one out in St Louis a couple months ago.... You folks know how to do it right.

Ken

F-T/R, I'm a member of the gun club as of April and have shot only a handful of times on the 600 yard line.

Best group to date was a 2"x 2" 5 shot string with one flyer at a 12" target. Unfortunately, they were 4" up and 4" over. I can keep all my shots on the target, but as far as grouping (hands in the air).

Lots to learn, but I'm enjoying every shot and looking forward to the match and learning more.

funny how everything i get in to is SO humbling, c'est la vie

If you received the e-mail from Herb, I strongly recommend taking his advice about dialing in early. Watch the wind, do your best, and have a good time.

Got the chance to spend the day up with the ENGC outside Louisville, NE. The conditions started great, but then got interesting.... and humbling. I finished up on top, but it wasn't a cake walk.... Thanks again guys / gals and hopefully I can make it up again sometime.

Ken Schilling
Cibolo, TX

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSchilling</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got the chance to spend the day up with the ENGC outside Louisville, NE. The conditions started get, but then got interesting.... and humbling. I finished up on top, but it wasn't a cake walk.... Thanks again guys / gals and hopefully I can make it up again sometime.

Ken Schilling
Cibolo, TX </div></div>

Great job Ken!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSchilling</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got the chance to spend the day up with the ENGC outside Louisville, NE. The conditions started great, but then got interesting.... and humbling. I finished up on top, but it wasn't a cake walk.... Thanks again guys / gals and hopefully I can make it up again sometime.

Ken Schilling
Cibolo, TX </div></div>

Good job driving that .223 today. Thanks for the help and pointers as well.

Thanks to Herb and the rest of the crew at ENGC, I had a great time shooting my first F-class match.

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy!! That rifle and load will alway make me giggle with the results, specially in real crazy winds. We learn from shooting in tough conditions.... anyone can pull a tirgger in calm conditions.

It was an honor to share your first match with you. I think our squad had great chemistry.. even with the Gene's Cappicino maker blinged out AR! You'll find sometimes, that's not the case. We had three different calibers, 3 different platforms with 3 different shooters finguring out how to get ahead of the wind. That last match, you found the sweet spot for the 6.5 Creedmore.... you've proven your load. An outstanding job Jeremy. Hope to shoot with you again sometime......and remember my Motto......and welcome to the Brotherhood of the Barrel Nut!!!!!!

Ken

Last match of the year. Date <span style="color: #FF0000">October 27th</span>.

They had a great turn out on the last match. 18 Ftr shooters and 18 open shooters.

Weather forecast for this weekend is 45 degrees with an 8 mph wind. Better bring something warn to wear. This could change. It is Nebraska.

I have spent many a pleasant day at ENGC laying in 10" of snow at the 600 yd line, with high temps never reaching 20 degrees. Feet got a little cold not moving around, but not too bad. 45 degrees ought to be just about perfect shooting weather. I'm thinking maybe wearing Halloween costumes would be in order since its that time of the year (LOL).

absolutely fantastic day

there were two gentleman who shot 200. the weather was good and the wind was perfect for most of the day. a great way to finish the season

a big shout out to Herb for putting on a great event. i began shooting with this group in July of this year and have enjoyed every second, i will be back for more in the years to come!

It was a great day for a match for sure. Temps were cool, from around 30 degrees at the start, up to middle 40s by the finish. Plenty of sun, and wind conditions were extremely mild. As usual, Herb put on a great match and I think everyone enjoyed themselves very much. Here are the final scores from the match:

October2012FClassResults.jpg

Match this weekend. Great groups of shooters. If you are looking for a place to shoot. They have a great setup for shooting. I can't make it this weekend but wish I could.

Missed you at the last one, dar! After what I'm sure seemed like months of snow and cold, the weather broke and was awesome for the first match of the year. Anyone interested in trying out F-Class should try and attend one of the matches at ENGC. Herb and Gene got the ball rolling last year and Platt Brabner is carrying on in outstanding fashion. These folks put on a great match and will help get you squared away, particularly if it's your first time out. Definitely worth trying out!

I heard there was some great scores. I'am glad to see Herb shooting this year. I heard it was good conditions that day. I will try to make the July one.