• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition F Class perfect score ?

I want to thank everyone for the responses to this thread. I shot a 200 in an NRA match in Rexburg Idaho a couple of weeks ago. In Rexburg wind is a major factor and the first time I shot at this range I thought this is the worst place on earth for a 1000 yard range. After a few matches, I learned like the wind. With 20 shots per string I thought it would be impossible in Rexburg.

So when you look online and read how good everyone is with their 3 shot groups @ 1/4" MOA and then look at the F Class rules and see that it is 20 shots with a 1 MOA 10 ring............ How many people really shoot perfect scores at FTR and F-Open ?

The current 20 shot National record (on the new target) at 300 yards is 200 - 20x + 6 more Xs (26X).

I have a NRA National Record certificate for F-tr @ 300 ON THE SMALL TARGET with a 200-13x.

Earned it a few years ago though ;>).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A national record was tied this past weekend at the Minnesota state LR championship. Mike Jones shot a 200-15X on his second match of the day. His scores for the day were 198, 200, 200!! Conditions were really good on Saturday for shooting good scores, so I'm sure that helped. Great part of all of this was the caliber shot...6-Dasher. There were only a few of us shooting 6's, but it shows they can compete with the larger calibers if someone has the right conditions. Even a newby like me was able to shoot fairly well shooting a 6BRX, only dropping 10 points over the course of the 3 matches. Sunday brought me back to reality...:).

A national record was tied this past weekend at the Minnesota state LR championship. Mike Jones shot a 200-15X on his second match of the day. His scores for the day were 198, 200, 200!! Conditions were really good on Saturday for shooting good scores, so I'm sure that helped. Great part of all of this was the caliber shot...6-Dasher. There were only a few of us shooting 6's, but it shows they can compete with the larger calibers if someone has the right conditions. Even a newby like me was able to shoot fairly well shooting a 6BRX, only dropping 10 points over the course of the 3 matches. Sunday brought me back to reality...:).

Sounds like y'all had a good match up there. Thats great shooting and congrats to Mike for matching the current record. In fairly calm conditions the 6mms can burn it up no doubt, when the wind really howls the 7mm and 30 cals tend to take over but recoil becomes a factor with the big guns, sure is nice to shoot the lighter recoiling 6mm.

Sounds like y'all had a good match up there. Thats great shooting and congrats to Mike for matching the current record. In fairly calm conditions the 6mms can burn it up no doubt, when the wind really howls the 7mm and 30 cals tend to take over but recoil becomes a factor with the big guns, sure is nice to shoot the lighter recoiling 6mm.

There were 4 of us shooting either a dasher or BRX and one guy shooting a 6BR. There is significant difference between what the dasher and brx can do at 1000 compared to the standard br chambering. The guy shooting the standard br hangs with me at the mid-range distances, but struggled to get in the low 190's at 1000. Most of us managed to stay close to the guys shooting the big 7's and 30 cals on Sunday even with the swirling winds. I built the BRX last winter after deciding that I wanted to try the LR distances. After watching the recoil most of them have with the bigger calibers, I think I will stick with the little stuff and take my chances. I kept all shots out of the 8 ring, which some of the big calibers even had trouble with.

Hi from Down under , just wanted to share the comradrary between both Countries . At our last Nationals just held in June last Month there were a lot of perfect scores especially in F open . We use the five ring target with a super vee and x ring for .1 . So a ten shot match is out of 60 for scopeies ( f class) . Actually two of my club mate were at Raton NM last year in F Open in the team events .
Anyhow here is the links for the score for 2014 Nats (national queens prize, we are still colonials here lol!) if anyone is interested ! Cheers .

Australian F Class - Results