• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F&D Defense

Re: F&D Defense

All I can say about F&D is I think I will end up owning one in the near future. But not until I get a GAP-10.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lonestar1845</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

I'm guessing you've never seen one of these rifles in person? The workmanship and quality alone are the finest I've seen. Behind the trigger of one is even more impressive. The thing I like about the proprietary system is that you know all the parts were built in house and designed to work with each other instead of fitting random parts together from different manufacturers. It seems most companies now days are just assembly shops, even some "top tier" ones.

I'm also not getting where you mentioned the other rifles being just as good for less. The brands you mentioned "being better or as good for less" are actually just as much as the F&D. The Hogan and the LMT of comparable model are $200 more.

[/quote]

+1

LMT MWS MSRP 2859 DEALER RP +/- 2500
GAP 10 MSRP 2640
PWS MK21X MSRP 2500

Unless the F&D website has bad pricing then you can meet or beat for less. I'm not a hater. I'm just being practical.

I could also link you to numerous threads on this very website, where the owners of said weapons have shot them with repeatable accuracy, as well as high round counts with minimal/zero function issues. Your talking about shouldering the weapon and becoming a believer? Well get us a range report then!

On a side note the LMT and GAP/HOGAN as well as PWS are manufactured right here in the US. I would even speculate, by people just as passionate about making kick ass fire arms for us and the gentlemen running F&D.

Well I own a JP Enterprise LRP-07, so I already own one of the BEST rifles out there. But the new F&D .308 looks pretty solid. You cannot say it is the best, but you can say ONE of the best.

Really though, you can say a rifle that is in its very first production run, just getting into the hands of the owners, is one of the best rifles out there? I just don't understand hide members sometimes.....

I am picking my F&D 308 up tomorrow and looking forward to it. I'll spend some time over the next couple of days mounting a scope, and then down to a serious evaluation. I can easily say that hands down F&D from a customer support stand point has been great to work with. Follow up, schedule, providing information and suggestions - absolutely no complaints.
More to follow.

If you were talking about me then all I was saying is that there are way to many great guns to say one is the best, but if this is everything that it is supposed to be, well then. Only after we have heard from owners and read reviews will we know. Or shoot them ourselves.

All this talk of this is the finest rifle I have ever seen and yet no range reports. Do you guy's just sit around finger banging these things? I am curious of how these perform. I am also curious if there are any plans for other calibers? .308 does not interest me much when the 6.5 creedmoor functions great in the AR platform and outperforms in every way.

I really like the looks and features of this rifle. I wish someone that has one would actually get out and shoot it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steaminwilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up my rifle yesterday. Words can't express how pleased I am. This gun is solid. Solid. I'm running mine suppressed with an AAC 762SD. I threw on an Atlas bipod and a Leupold Mark 6 w/ LaRue mount. Shot a 1/2 MOA group with West Texas wind blowing left to right. She throws the brass perfectly at 3:30. I've shot SR25s, LMTs and OBRs, this badgirl tops them all. I'm proud to own #16 of 50. You won't ever find her on gunbroker. Corby's rifles are worth their weight in gold. Makes me proud to be a Texan to own a gun made by a fellow Texan. Just shows you what hard work, knowledge and a steadfast dedication to developing the best 308 gas gun will get you. </div></div>

I am glad to hear from another owner on the accuracy you are getting with your F&D 308... I have been out to the range and have gotten the same results using the ammo Corby recommended the ASYM 175gr Match King... I definitely think it was well worth the money.

I can't believe the Larue OBR is selling for $175.00 and doesn't even come with an UBR stock or a piston.

I'm just going back through some of these posts. I just picked mine up today, and I can tell you that your wait will be worth it. Hang in there, you threw in with the right lot.
Well Iguess some of you guys that post a lot might get a bit tired of those that don't. I was trying to lend a bit of moral support to one of the earlier post - someone who is in the next production run.
I'm putting in so much time at work I will get to shooting early this coming week.

I'll just add that I drove into town this morning to pick up the gun and then managed to steal another hour to break down the gun, examine the bore and mount and zero a scope.
My first impression is that as others are saying all of the work is first rate. On closer examination of the gas system I have to say that Mr. Hall has really thought this out; the gas is the gun. I have a feeling other manufacturers will probably re- think this component, but they are now in the position of having to play 'Catch-up'.

More to follow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: selphb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would suggest not using the Larue mount on the FD 308 and go with one that has a sacrificial cam surface instead of a hardened steel surface mating up with aluminum.

I would suggest American Defense ARMS or any other company that has that sacrificial cam surface so you wont wear out the rail. </div></div>

And I thought the LT-104 was the best mount out, learn something new everyday I guess. Thanks for the info, not sure if I will sell mine but won't be getting anymore for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 346ci</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: selphb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would suggest not using the Larue mount on the FD 308 and go with one that has a sacrificial cam surface instead of a hardened steel surface mating up with aluminum.

I would suggest American Defense ARMS or any other company that has that sacrificial cam surface so you wont wear out the rail. </div></div>

And I thought the LT-104 was the best mount out, learn something new everyday I guess. Thanks for the info, not sure if I will sell mine but won't be getting anymore for sure. </div></div>

Spuhr mounts are the best that's out there. Made in Sweden, recommended US dealer is Mile High Shooting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fd-defense</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 346ci</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: selphb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would suggest not using the Larue mount on the FD 308 and go with one that has a sacrificial cam surface instead of a hardened steel surface mating up with aluminum.

And I thought the LT-104 was the best mount out, learn something new everyday I guess. Thanks for the info, not sure if I will sell mine but won't be getting anymore for sure. </div></div>

Spuhr mounts are the best that's out there. Made in Sweden, US dealer is www.tnvc.com </div></div>

Nice! They are a 68Forums sponser also so I guess that is where my next mount will come from. Thanks

fd-defense, any future plans for other calibers? Something like 6.5 creedmoor?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fd-defense, any future plans for other calibers? Something like 6.5 creedmoor? </div></div>

Sorry, no self-promotion on the forum, F&D is not a industry partner. PM me and I'll give you my contact.

Wow. In looking at the gallery of parts the one thing that struck me was the bolt carrier. It looks like something that could've been on the Bismarck, like old school German machining.

This is the only .308 semi AR platform that has really piqued my interest. What is the delivery time running after receipt of payment? And, is it $3200 shipped?

I'm anxious to see pics/video of those that have been delivered and their performance at the range and/or in the field.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertDenizen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow. In looking at the gallery of parts the one thing that struck me was the bolt carrier. It looks like something that could've been on the Bismarck, like old school German machining.

This is the only .308 semi AR platform that has really piqued my interest. What is the delivery time running after receipt of payment? And, is it $3200 shipped?

I'm anxious to see pics/video of those that have been delivered and their performance at the range and/or in the field. </div></div>

Sorry, no self-promotion on the forum, F&D is not a industry partner. PM me and I'll give you my contact.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertDenizen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow. In looking at the gallery of parts the one thing that struck me was the bolt carrier. It looks like something that could've been on the Bismarck, like old school German machining.

I'm anxious to see pics/video of those that have been delivered and their performance at the range and/or in the field. </div></div>

Ive been waiting to see actual production guns hit the market and see some groups and opinions as well. It's been over a year now and I've just given up.

Seems some of these rifles have been delivered, but not to anyone thats shoots them?????

I shot my FD308 today for the first time, this with a Leupold using a SPUHR mount with an Atlas bi pod. I have an American made spuhr knockoff on another gun, and it is a great mount, but the SPUHR is an engineering piece of art and deserved to be on the FD; once again thank you F&D for steering me in the right direction. One thing more to note, I used a leupold magnetic lazer bore sighter a couple of days before, and I forgot to note that the magnet will not work on any part of the barrel; I had to use a plastic wire tie through the muzzel brake.
The gun shoots as advertised. I'm taking it easy and enjoying every minute. Five rounds to work the scope and check zero easily getting the .5 accuracy, and I mean that when I say easily. The next three shots were adjusted for windage and elevation and came in with .3, , this at 100 yds. No problems to report, I love the gun. Thank you Mr. Hall from the Pacific Northwest, and yes I am following you prescribed break-in.

Does anyone who has one of these own a camera or have a family member with a camera?

Lets see some pictures of the rifle and targets. Its not like its Osamas body or something, we wont be offended.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pmclaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone who has one of these own a camera or have a family member with a camera?

Lets see some pictures of the rifle and targets. Its not like its Osamas body or something, we wont be offended. </div></div>

Would like to see this, too!

I am surprised that more people that got their rifles haven't dropped in to make a report on the rifle.

Was wondering the same thing. PM'd WinD, but no reply. How 'bout you, selphb, got some pics for us? Really thinking hard about this rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vicpapa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was wondering the same thing. PM'd WinD, but no reply. How 'bout you, selphb, got some pics for us? Really thinking hard about this rifle.</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vicpapa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was wondering the same thing. PM'd WinD, but no reply. How 'bout you, selphb, got some pics for us? Really thinking hard about this rifle.</div></div>
Hey guys bear with me with this blogging stuff, if I was PM'd it went right by me sinc I wouldn't know where to look for it. I'll gladly get some photos posted once I finish my new shooting stand, it will deserve some photos too. It's been too dry to be shooting out here, so I,ve been setting up the bench and targets in between feeding sheep and cleaning out a warehouse; this in my spare time - No more excuses, photos will be coming along.

I got a couple pictures done today if anyone has any questions send me a PM. I am still waiting for my new scope to come in so i used my Millet for the pictures with my Green hunting light for hogs.

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0060-1.jpg

DSC_0059-1.jpg

I went to the range to try out the rifle using my cheap Millett TRS-1 4-16X50 30mm with Mil Dot recital and i was getting under 1/2" groups at 100 yards. I can hardly wait to see what my new scope does when it comes in; i will be going back to the range this week and will remember to take pictures of the group and post it for you guys.

It is hard selphb. I doubt they will all come in under 1/2 minute, but it will give us an idea of what they are capable of. I am not trying to pick on anyone or the rifle, I just want to get an idea of how this rifle can perform. I am very interested in it.

After putting about 5000 rounds down range of precision shooting/testing this year alone, I will be the first to say that holding groups under .75" back to back, 6 times in a row is definitely tough. Doing something like that takes a great deal of patience and discipline, and could easily take a couple hours or longer, especially if your loads aren't perfected.

I have also found that shooting back to back like that, I am good only for about 10 rounds per 15-20 minutes. Any faster than that rate, fatigue becomes noticeable. At this point you are gauging the shooter's discipline rather than capability of the rifle.

The best way to gauge the capability of any rifle is to put it in a good-fitting bench-rest fixture and then ensure as many human-variables are removed as possible; and obviously have loads that work well with that particular rifle. Otherwise, I think you will be comparing shooters against shooters, vs. rifles against rifles.

The [shoot-out] scenario will always scream the question "What is average, and what is the exception?". Still, very interesting to see those results. And will surely require a better shooter than I!

Wire locked forearm bolts? Is disassembly not recommended? Thanks for the pics, selphb. Question on the charging handle - does the charging rod stick out the back of the receiver when charging the weapon? Do you have to come off the rifle to do so?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vicpapa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wire locked forearm bolts? Is disassembly not recommended? Thanks for the pics, selphb. Question on the charging handle - does the charging rod stick out the back of the receiver when charging the weapon? Do you have to come off the rifle to do so? </div></div>

The charging rod does come out of the receiver, but it's recessed into the stock and doesn't come back far enough to where I have to break cheek weld.

Based on what we have seen the wait should be well worth it. Great looking and apparently performing rifle!

I went down and met with Corby, talked about his rifle he is producing and man it seems pretty sweet. Here is what he sent me the other day when i asked about accuracy...

"My investor and I went out today with the two FD308’s and had excellent results when zeroing at 200yds, averaging .5moa with 168gr ASYM’s under 5-10mph wind. Interesting thing is, it was averaging .7moa at 100yds; .5moa at 200yds; .5moa at 300yds. The pattern seemed to hold tight between 100-300. Didn’t get to go out any further. Of course, these were just random production barrels, not hand-picked.

When each rifle is put together, its best to run it through several makes of match ammo to see what it likes best. That in itself could take half a day or longer. From there we work the gas regulator. If you remember me talking about harmonics a lot, after logging about 7500 rounds this past year of precision shooting for the purpose of data collection and analysis, I have found that pressure has a great effect on accuracy of this rifle and that proper tuning is critical if you are wanting to get in the .3-.5moa range.

With that said… it takes a degree of work to get the rifle shooting, not like most AR’s where you get what you get, good or bad."

I understand no one has really put out any solid shot group pictures but he seems like a pretty straight shooter that doesn't do bullshit and I am looking forward to owning a rifle of his soon.

I would also like to see someone who owns one of these post a six target five round groups in the 100 or 300 yard shootout in this very forum. I don't understand why no one will do this????