• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: F40

Hahaha
Looks like its holding it up yeah, but its in there enough.
Doors open just a bit to let some air in.
wink.gif

I've often wondered what possesses a person to stand by someone else's expensive thing and have their picture taken. "I stood by this guy's Ferrari once!"

You ruled that picture, dude!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've often wondered what possesses a person to stand by someone else's expensive thing and have their picture taken. "I stood by this guy's Ferrari once!"

You ruled that picture, dude! </div></div>

It was actually used in a school project.
But i love cars, Especially super cars. I dont walk around showing this picture to my friends, attempting to make it seem like its mine.
I never said it was mine, and your attempt at making it obvious is ridiculous.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: khronoscide</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yak 52TW in the background? </div></div>

I believe so. not 100% but i think he's mentioned the name once or twice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a mini car. or a gocart body kit. </div></div>

Im 6'4"

You would need a convertible or a moon roof with that thing if you are 6'4". I wouldn't make it home in that thing. Make it to jail or the morgue

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jthoss0837</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a mini car. or a gocart body kit. </div></div>

Im 6'4"
</div></div>

That alone was reason enough to take the pic. It really is a lot more interesting with you standing next to it to give it some (false) sense of scale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/6889/cimg1665v.jpg

after the garage door closed on it.

Actually,this one was an Enzo,the F40's future cousin. You can buy it cheap,50% off.
</div></div>

that is what you deserve for buying a cheepass forin car!

said the above to a guy standing beside a ferrari spewing steam,
he chased me for half a mile.
;-)

yeah i saw one in vietnam too. and another one in Masachusetts USA. It was long time ago. Still a nice car. I like it. Did you get a chance to drive a F350 ? I bet you will love it also. That F40 is still a sexy car.

if it weren't for the nice tin in the background , and you sayin' that you're 6'4", I was going to guess that it was a Fierorrari.

Fiero or MR2 ?

Damn sure ain't no Ferrari.
It's a plasti-kit-car.

THIS is a real Lambo....how do I know ?
It belonged at the time to Mike Tyson (yes, the boxer) and I used to work on it for him.

Chasis...
url]

Engine...
url]

Notice the air conditioning fueled intercoolers...I made them by hand. Brought it up from 750 horsepower to 975.
Yes, it hauled ass, and donkey, and mule, and cow...big time.

Notice that it isn't the size of a Fiero or a MR2.

Edit....I guess IMG tags don't work here....whatever....click away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thorax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fiero or MR2 ?

It's a plasti-kit-car.

It belonged at the time to Mike Tyson (yes, the boxer) and I used to work on it for him.

Chasis...
url]

Engine...
url]

Notice the air conditioning fueled intercoolers...I made them by hand. Brought it up from 750 horsepower to 975.

Edit....I guess IMG tags don't work here....whatever....click away. </div></div>

I assure you its a ferrari.
100% The man works on super cars in his offtime, This one is his. No plastic kit car, no knock off.
Also the trailer it was towed in on, Ferrari.

The car is only 44.5 in tall based on factory specs.
Me being 76 inches tall. I think its fair to say that the picture gives the car a small look to it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jthoss0837</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

I am curious what kind of school project did you do?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thorax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

You got over 20% power gain from switching from air to air intercoolers to custom (Co2?) units????

Read that again.....air conditioning.

They are actually air conditioning evaporators and run at *about* 35-40*F depending on conditions
I guess air conditioning fueled was a bad choice of words...perhaps air conditioning chilled ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thorax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fiero or MR2 ?

It's a plasti-kit-car.

Chasis...
url]

Engine...
url]

Edit....I guess IMG tags don't work here....whatever....click away. </div></div>

Not trying to start something, but I can't help myself. If I remember back to when Tyson was racing his car around on the streets, he didn't have a Super Diablo. Only a VT (only) and I thought it was blue.

The F40 will always be a cool car...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/6889/cimg1665v.jpg

after the garage door closed on it.

Actually,this one was an Enzo,the F40's future cousin. You can buy it cheap,50% off.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
He walked away.
</div></div>

Funny you brought it up Dave.

About 3 years ago I came accross a similar accident where the driver of the Ferrari lost control and slammed into the guardrail of the expressway. The entire rear of the car including drivetrain, detached itself from the rest of the car and the lucky bastard also walked away.

I guess these cars are design to break appart that way....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WCW308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what about the ME-109(?) in the hanger!!! Now that is the ticket. What is that...? </div></div>

its a YAK
Guy across the way has, what looks like an ME-109

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcm331</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jthoss0837</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

I am curious what kind of school project did you do? </div></div>

It was for a spanish project. We had to think of what we want if we had all the money and time in the world. So i knew my neighbor had some nice cars, and planes, i asked if it would be ok to include them.

And to those saying its not real.
The guy does tune ups and maintenance on super cars for a friend of his, I spoke with him directly and he told me about the car. Its a ferrari, but i guess you conspiracy theorists have to go in depth with how its possibly not.

"ITS MISSING ONE SIXTEENTH OF AN INCH ON THE FRONT GRILL, OMG"

Car looks real, but the guy is most likely fake.
Probably a kit of some kind.
smirk.gif

Just kidding, man. Cool pic, whether it's yours or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M@D-M@X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

About 3 years ago I came accross a similar accident where the driver of the Ferrari lost control and slammed into the guardrail of the expressway. The entire rear of the car including drivetrain, detached itself from the rest of the car and the lucky bastard also walked away.

I guess these cars are design to break appart that way.... </div></div>

Yes, just like a kart car. All the pieces that go flying take energy away from the cockpit. The more mass you can shed the less energy there is to propel the driver.

For all of you haters, when's the last time you saw a kit car with a Scuderia and/or Pininfarina badge on it? Although I will admit the car looks oddly proportioned due to Lurch standing in front of it. BTW, go Ferrari this weekend in Monaco!

Now, back to Guns!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell, I've got a red USB disk drive with a Pininfarina badge on it.
</div></div>

That was patterned after the "Barney". Dino's step brother

Wait... Is that a gun in the leading edge of the wing of the airplane behind it? No; no it's not. Huh.

Nice car, though. I used to have a black Ferrari 1981 308GTSi a few years ago. Beautiful to look at, fun to drive, but it was slow by comparison to its styling and I eventually sold it off. It didn't have any gun ports or mounts on it, either, so I'll spare you all a picture here. Maybe one of my Dragunov instead?
smile.gif