• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

factory loads or reloads for "action" shooting????

Buzzsaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2006
Frisco, Texas
I think my SPR is ready for a little action shooting. I've always reloaded for everything. Shooting in action type /3-gun matches do you go back and police your brass or do you shoot the $8.00 per 20 cheap stuff and not worry about it?

Re: factory loads or reloads for "action" shooting????

Run the cheap stuff. There's usually so much brass lying around you wouldn't know your brass unless you color the extractor ring with a sharpie. I've had good experiences with Dallas Reloader 55 FMJ.

$8/20 .308 ammo?

Where'd you find that? Milsurp?

definitely run the cheap stuff for action matches, unless your loaded

Most major 3 gun matches are "lost brass" matches. Club matches usually aren't. The cof will dictate ammo requirements. I'm not shooting cheap factory 55gr. loads at 8" targets 300 to 400 yds away. Close up hoser stuff, you bet I will.

.223 Telos

I guess you can run cheap 55gr until the long shots, then pull out your magazine of handloads?