• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fair price for GAP?

Re: Fair price for GAP?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wde</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember looking at a rifle just like that at Gun Gallery and allmost bought it but what they wanted for it was more than what you could of had one built for.Please dont take this the wrong way but since its just a remy action and the way the economy is right now I think it would be hard to sell and I would just keep it. It is a nice rifle. </div></div>

i would bet this is that rifle...

i am not from jacksonville and have never even been in gun gallery, but have seen posts on arfcom about them and know they carry a lot of very nice stuff...

just thinking outloud here, but the op did not state he had GAP build him this rifle...i would venture to say he walked into gun gallery, bought it from them at whatever premium they had on it. this explains him not having any receipt or info from GAP, etc.

i bet he doesn't want to know what gun gallery paid for it from GAP and then sold it to him for...assuming my gut is correct.

Either way, the gun itself is a badass stick. I have always liked the way GAP coats the action and barrel to correspond with the AICS stock. Damn good looking weapon.

that house is a steal for 4900!

and he's throwing in a free rifle
smile.gif

either way, great rifle that only exists in my dreams right now. good luck with the sale.

If you paid $4900 for it, keep it.
You are 'pot commited' at that price and will never see a favorable return on that investment...

Can you post a pic of the GA Precision logo stamped on the barrel to confirm it's birthplace?

Great stick, b.t.w...

Alpha,
I live in Jacksonville and know there is a 600 yard range just SE of Starke, FL to give you a chance to shoot longer than the 200 yards at Gateway. I love my GAP and will be taking to the Midwest to do the long range shooting hopefully this summer. Also, I have a Jax Sheriff friend who may have some places to try is more long distance. I am a derm rep, what's your specialty?
JaxOps

Who did you buy it from??? We did not sell that rifle alone for $4900, I guarentee that.

Depending on what action it has on it. $3300-$3600 would be correct for the rifle alone.

Scope $1600

Case $220

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rebelceb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wde</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember looking at a rifle just like that at Gun Gallery and allmost bought it but what they wanted for it was more than what you could of had one built for.Please dont take this the wrong way but since its just a remy action and the way the economy is right now I think it would be hard to sell and I would just keep it. It is a nice rifle. </div></div>

i would bet this is that rifle...

i am not from jacksonville and have never even been in gun gallery, but have seen posts on arfcom about them and know they carry a lot of very nice stuff...

just thinking outloud here, but the op did not state he had GAP build him this rifle...i would venture to say he walked into gun gallery, bought it from them at whatever premium they had on it. this explains him not having any receipt or info from GAP, etc.

i bet he doesn't want to know what gun gallery paid for it from GAP and then sold it to him for...assuming my gut is correct. </div></div>

I bet your gut is correct.

Just keep it man.

Put it in the safe and keep it dry. So you only have 200 yards....trigger time is trigger time. Do it when you can and smile cuz you have a sweet rifle.

Im sure since he is sleeping with the rifle it should have appreciated. This aint no safe queen! ok

I'm kind of curious on this one myself. GAP builds a great rifle for sure, worth every penny.

$4,000 with the scope would be a sweet deal if someone is looking for this exact rifle. But in todays economy not many guys with $4k they WANT to spend.

Me, I'm a lefty, I'd be better of with a lever-action 30-30.

Simply call George or Tracy and they will tell you exactly what you paid.

Get the cost, add up whatever extras you added, like the case, subtract 10% and start from there.

Taking the "Rock" or "Crusader" and simply adding the cost of the AICS does not make the rifle cost more. You have to do some arithmetic to deduct the cost of say the McMillan stock, and then add the cost of the AICS. You just don't buy the "Rock" then add the cost of the AICS. If you did then you would be paying for a McMillan you never got.

Just another confirmed doctor with a hell of a lot more money than sense!!!!!!